Kirby Dach vs Trevor Zegras

Kirby Dach vs Trevor Zegras

• Total voters

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Dach is fine. But I still don’t think he’s going to be a top line C in this league, maybe a top 6 guy. Dach really needs to add some production to his game because size and supposed two way ability only gets you so far.

Zegras on the other hand is light years ahead of Dach offensively and looks like a genuine superstar in the making. I don’t get why Dach has any votes at the moment.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Dach is fine. But I still don’t think he’s going to be a top line C in this league, maybe a top 6 guy. Dach really needs to add some production to his game because size and supposed two way ability only gets you so far.

Zegras on the other hand is light years ahead of Dach offensively and looks like a genuine superstar in the making. I don’t get why Dach has any votes at the moment.

people are very reluctant to accept zegras as a potential star player

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I mean he’s almost there as it is. The difference between Dach and Zegras at the moment is monumental and even if you don’t think Zegras becomes a superstar I don’t know how you don’t pick him still.

Reactions: bsu

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

Dach has Kakko disease where he looks great on a consistent basis but nothing is going in.

UED

May 2, 2021
Cheering for Dach to turn his career around but today it's not even close to being close, like Barzal vs Zacha, but even worse because Zegras is progressing really well and could totally become even better and Dach is completely stagnated.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Cheering for Dach to turn his career around but today it's not even close to being close, like Barzal vs Zacha, but even worse because Zegras is progressing really well and could totally become even better and Dach is completely stagnated.
He had a really nasty injury last year and it appears to have stalled his development. He looked to be on a superstar trajectory in the Edmonton bubble.

That being said, Dach is a playmaker and the entire Hawks team has been snakebitten this year. Hawks offense is starting to normalize so I'd wait a bit before drawing any conclusions.

Last edited:

keglu

Jul 11, 2014

There is no reluctancy. It's actually very " what have you done to me lately" here.
But poll was made before start of the season and thats why it's not too lopsided.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I mean he’s almost there as it is. The difference between Dach and Zegras at the moment is monumental and even if you don’t think Zegras becomes a superstar I don’t know how you don’t pick him still.
People have been conditioned to think big centers are inherently more valuable than smaller, but more skilled centers, because the league is unfortunately heavily influenced by dinosaurs who still think it's 1996.

Reactions: 405Entrance

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Dach is young with plenty of time to turn it around and get things going. Still, this is easily Zegras.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
As opposed to when? If you're still clinging onto his draft spot 3 years ago, I dunno what to tell you.
I'm holding onto Dach's performance in the Edmonton bubble when he tossed around Draisaitl like a rag doll and was an absolute beast. He looked like one of the best players on the ice with Toews being vintage Toews and McDavid and Draisaitl on the other end. He was physically bullying Drai the entire series. Was impressive. It was also the last time he was healthy. Wrist injuries are notoriously tough and it was his right hand and he shoots right.

I know that Dach's numbers are pretty terrible but you have to put them in context. The entire Hawks offense has been crap this year. Lately the puck is starting to go in for the team and Dach is starting to pick up points.

This was an issue on Sunday:
Last 7 games, Kane, DeBrincat, Kubalik, Dach, Strome, 6 goals combined
Toews didn't score a goal until last week.

He may never be as good as Zegras, but I'm not ready to give up on the idea of Dach being an impact player yet.

Last edited:

PowerMac

Dec 20, 2019
The problem is Dach has always had underwhelming production concerns despite having nice flashes even back in juniors

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad