Kirby Dach vs Trevor Zegras

Kirby Dach vs Trevor Zegras

• Total voters

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I picked Zegras.

While Dach has a great all-around game (though he needs to take more shots), I think Zegras has greater potential to be a legitimate game-breaker.

Reactions: danktopshelf

danktopshelf

Dec 23, 2014
NYC
Voted Zegras

Zegras more skilled. Dach's best case might be Jon Toews. Zegras is like Marner with a better shot with the best case of a Pat Kane but a decent person. Centers are more valuable than Wingers, but Zegras is special.

Reactions: ThomasG

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Kirby. He's far more well rounded.

Zegras is flashy and looks fun on the highlight reel, but Dach can shut guys down and play a full meat and potatoes 200ft game.

Substance > style

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Dach seems to be the more well rounded and NHL ready player right now. You see the flashes of fantastic skill from Zegras but it hasn't translated to much so far.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Kirby. He's far more well rounded.

Zegras is flashy and looks fun on the highlight reel, but Dach can shut guys down and play a full meat and potatoes 200ft game.

Substance > style

Zegras has the better defensive numbers. This is another case of big guys getting overrated defensively and smaller flashy guys getting underrated.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Zegras has the better defensive numbers. This is another case of big guys getting overrated defensively and smaller flashy guys getting underrated.
And Dach has the better offensive numbers when you remove the rookie season where he was getting 8 minutes of ice time. Another case of small flashy guys getting overrated offensively and big effective guys getting underrated.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Zegras, idk why everyone keeps talking about him like he's only a flashy player. Turn a game on for once and you will see he is very good with his stick and is just a pesty player all around. He battles for every 50/50 puck and isn't afraid to get involved. Some of you act like he's just doing toe drags all game. Literally watch any game this season even the one he played bad in. Stop using youtube highlights to judge a player. He is going against every teams top lines and defensive pairings while playing with Henrique who looks like he is playing a 10pm Sunday night beer league game, he rarely takes strides just glides around waiting for a pass from Zegras. He makes Zegras work even harder on the backcheck because he himself is checked out. Saying Zegras is just a flashy player is tiresome and incorrect.

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018

You're using stats from this season which is a very tiny sample size.

Last season:
vpEZEwN.png

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
Id prefer Dach but Zegras is likely to be a better player.. if that makes any sense lol

If the Devils didnt have Hughes id choose Zegras

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
It’s probably a little early for this poll and a 2019 redraft in general.

Nobody from the 2019 draft has really broken out and proven anything yet, although that could change this year.

Id like to see what these two can do under competent coaching, since they happen to play under two of the worst coaches in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad