Kirby Dach vs Trevor Zegras

Kirby Dach vs Trevor Zegras

• Total voters

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Kirby. He's far more well rounded.

Zegras is flashy and looks fun on the highlight reel, but Dach can shut guys down and play a full meat and potatoes 200ft game.

Substance > style

Zegras is a much better defensive player and doesn't need elite linemates to produce.

Reactions: bsu

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Voted Zegras

Zegras more skilled. Dach's best case might be Jon Toews. Zegras is like Marner with a better shot with the best case of a Pat Kane but a decent person. Centers are more valuable than Wingers, but Zegras is special.
I agree with the style comparisons, but Zegras is no where near Marner as is yet, but yes he has a better shot. I'd say Marner who is a 90-100 point player as is with a better shot would be very much a best case scenario for Zegras.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That's not even a reasonable excuse. Anaheim has absolutely no quality shooters and will likely finish behind the hawks this season.
Yes, but that's becasue they won't be as good offensively as the Hawks. The Hawks will be FAR worse defensively, because their coach has no idea what he is doing.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
So he's played half his time with Kane? And to that qualifies as not playing with elite linemates. Of his 3 points this year, Kane has assisted on 2 of them lol.

Just admit you were wrong and move on.
His linemates are constantly juggled, so there is zero consistency with elite players on his line.
Out of his 13pts in 22GP between last year and this year, Kane has contributed on 3 of them. So you are wrong that he needs elite linemates to produce. Kane didn't make Anisimov or Handzus great scorers, so it's just a dumb take anyway.

Yeah he's only 2nd in the entire league in even strength scoring since 2015-16. What a bum.
Yeah, he always gets his points, now do his corsi, and HDCF% over the last 3 years 5 on 5. My point is, Kane floats at the blue line waiting for the rest of his linemates to do the dirty work. It's not like they are playing in the offensive zone, Kane is controlling the puck and setting up tap ins for the other players on his line.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If zegras played with Kane and debrincat we’d be saying that zegras is the best player under 21 in the world
Dach played 1 game with Kane and DeBrincat.
His most common linemate is Brandon Hagel.
The first three games he was playing with Hagel and Borgstrom.
Game 4 he played with Kane and DeBrincat.
Game 5 he played with Kane and Hagel, and then they took Kane off his line in the 3rd period.

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Dach seems like the "safer" choice. But i'm still a huge believe in Zegras dynamic ability. I don't see any reason he can't be at least as good as Krejci was in his prime. Dach is obviously bigger, but i don't see that as nearly enough to outweigh Zegras creativity and vision with the puck. Might just take him a second to get there.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
His linemates are constantly juggled, so there is zero consistency with elite players on his line.
Out of his 13pts in 22GP between last year and this year, Kane has contributed on 3 of them. So you are wrong that he needs elite linemates to produce. Kane didn't make Anisimov or Handzus great scorers, so it's just a dumb take anyway.

Yeah, he always gets his points, now do his corsi, and HDCF% over the last 3 years 5 on 5. My point is, Kane floats at the blue line waiting for the rest of his linemates to do the dirty work. It's not like they are playing in the offensive zone, Kane is controlling the puck and setting up tap ins for the other players on his line.

If Kane is getting his points then presumably other players on his line should be as well, no?

Reactions: 405Entrance and bsu

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Give me Dach, but it’s close. I’d rather build a team with a big two way center than a scoring center. It’s not as if Dach won’t score a lot either.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Please stop.

He’s right.

Kane’s elite skill allows him to capitalize on chances at a higher rate than 99% of the league, but he’s not a particularly strong driver of play, and he’s wretched defensively.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He’s right.

Kane’s elite skill allows him to capitalize on chances at a higher rate than 99% of the league, but he’s not a particularly strong driver of play, and he’s wretched defensively.
The argument is about whether or not having Kane as a linemate at 5v5 inflates a players production. I think the fact that Kane scores so much at 5v5 implies it's likely his linemates' productivity is boosted.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Since this poll was started:

Zegras
24gp 6g 21p 16 ESP

Dach
23gp 2g 7p 4 ESP

In my personal opinion, I never understood how anyone could ever take Dach over Zegras. But after the last few months I think it's become more obvious that Zegras is just a different class of player.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Since this poll was started:

Zegras
24gp 6g 21p 16 ESP

Dach
23gp 2g 7p 4 ESP

In my personal opinion, I never understood how anyone could ever take Dach over Zegras. But after the last few months I think it's become more obvious that Zegras is just a different class of player.

People just dont want to admit that zegras is a star in the making.

For the record i still think Dach is going to be a really good player when its all said and done... but i think zegras will have that star power.

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
Dach is so good. And it's understandable why some might have voted for him when the poll opened in October.

But this is Zegras now, and I doubt it will change any time soon going forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad