Confirmed with Link: Kirby Dach to Montreal for 13th and 66th overall picks

Father Roy Richards

Nov 1, 2022
The pew
They would have had to send him to Saskatoon.

Idk how to say this, but Dach was too good for Saskatoon but ineligible for the AHL.

There should be some sort of exemption with the CHL agreement.
I don't blame previous management for the Dach situation as much as I blame the CHL agreement. Dach needed to be in Rockford playing against men as an 18 year old.

I liked Kirby but it wouldn't have happened here, similar to Teravainen.

Just forget he was ever a Blackhawk.

They also rushed Boqvist, who was a longer term player with huge upside when drafted. He shouldn't have sniffed the NHL until his D+3 season. We all knew that when they picked him.

There should definitely be more leeway in the CHL/NHL agreement, even something soft like top 10 picks are AHL eligible. So many top prospects are rushed because they're too good for the CHL and not good enough for the NHL.

I've watched a lot of Dach this year and he looks good at C, it was a fair trade and I don't think it'll ever be one that Hawks fans rue (which means it's not like I think he'll be some kind of star) but for those who still root for Dach, it's starting to look like he's found a home at C in Montreal. He's done a better job driving play ES at C than Suzuki has.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I think Kirby is going to be Saad at center. A good player that has value but is going to ride along.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I asked about Dach in this forum when he was traded. Someone mentioned that he is going to be another Spezza. Fine by me.

The skill was there but what surprised me is the speed and bad dandruff attitude. As he's filling out, he has become more aggressive and sometimes, downright goonish. :laugh:

What I'm hoping (shoot me for being a fan) is that we get Dubois, which will make Dach redundant at center and a damn good wingman. A Dach/Dubois combo would be tough to contain AND skilled.

Last edited:

Father Roy Richards

Nov 1, 2022
The pew
If they're not good enough for the NHL, it means they're not too good for the CHL

What an odd opinion to have, there are many levels between CHL and NHL, some players develop faster physically and playing at 18-19 against kids doesn't best serve their development. If the argument is, we must do all that we can to allow the CHL to thrive that's at least one thing, but there are many players who aren't best served in the NHL because it's too fast and are too big/strong/good to be playing against 16 year olds.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
What an odd opinion to have, there are many levels between CHL and NHL, some players develop faster physically and playing at 18-19 against kids doesn't best serve their development. If the argument is, we must do all that we can to allow the CHL to thrive that's at least one thing, but there are many players who aren't best served in the NHL because it's too fast and are too big/strong/good to be playing against 16 year olds.
Find me a player who had their career ruined from playing in the CHL in their D+1 year

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I asked about Dach in this forum when he was traded. Someone mentioned that he is going to be another Spezza. Fine by me.

The skill was there but what surprised me is the speed and bad dandruff attitude. As he's filling out, he has become more aggressive and sometimes, downright goonish. :laugh:

What I'm hoping (shoot me for being a fan) is that we get Dubois, which will make Dach redundant at center and a damn good wingman. A Dach/Dubois combo would be tough to contain AND skilled.

Great clips. That's the kind of player he needs to be with his size.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Great clips. That's the kind of player he needs to be with his size.
I don't think he's 212 pounds anymore.

In the summer, WiFi, Guhle and Dach were working out and gaining weight big time. I wouldn't be surprised if Dach is over 225 now. With his speed, that is a LOT of momentum.

Anywho...hopes it works out with your guy too.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
Doesn't win faceoffs .....bad for a center.....doesn't win board battles.....bad for a forward......he's got talent.....but I'm pretty damn excited about the return for Dach, Debrincat and Hagel......Hagel would have been the one I would have loved to hang on to of the three, but the return was insane....how do you turn that down?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Doesn't win faceoffs .....bad for a center.....doesn't win board battles.....bad for a forward......he's got talent.....but I'm pretty damn excited about the return for Dach, Debrincat and Hagel......Hagel would have been the one I would have loved to hang on to of the three, but the return was insane....how do you turn that down?

You would take Hagel over DeBrincat???? Crazy talk.

I'll be excited about the DeBrincat trade if Korchinski turns into a top pairing defenseman. Until then, I don't think they got enough for him. Time will tell.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1