LeBrun: Kirby Dach available in trade - DET and CBJ among teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I’m sure somebody already made this comment but if Debrincat is worth 7th overall and 39th overall then I guess Dach is worth maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder?

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I’m sure somebody already made this comment but if Debrincat is worth 7th overall and 39th overall then I guess Dach is worth maybe a 3rd or 4th rounder?
Only if one bought into the presumption that DeBrincat was "supposed" to be worth the equivalent of four 1sts. But of course nobody here would be so out of it as to suggest something that absurd...

• Haha
Reactions: Fro

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Would love Dach in Detroit. Showed flashes in his rookie year of skilled and decent 2 way play.

Seems he's in his own head and I would absolutely give Detroit the green light to get him sorted out. Too skilled not to be at least a 60 point 2nd line center. Maybe can make a Ryan Johansen out of him?

Not sure about giving up pick 8 this year. Moving down to like 15 with another team and then trading it to the Hawks seems better but a more unlikely circumstance if you're involving another team of course.

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Would love Dach in Detroit. Showed flashes in his rookie year of skilled and decent 2 way play.

Seems he's in his own head and I would absolutely give Detroit the green light to get him sorted out. Too skilled not to be at least a 60 point 2nd line center. Maybe can make a Ryan Johansen out of him?

Not sure about giving up pick 8 this year. Moving down to like 15 with another team and then trading it to the Hawks seems better but a more unlikely circumstance if you're involving another team of course.
If Yzerman could pull this off, I'm naming my first kid Steve regardless of outcome.

why would Chicago trade him? He's like 21 isn't he, why can't he be a part of their rebuild?
Why would they trade Debrincat? Would they name Jones, Toews and Kane as untouchables?

Because they are ****ing horrible, that's why.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If Yzerman could pull this off, I'm naming my first kid Steve regardless of outcome.

Why would they trade Debrincat? Would they name Jones, Toews and Kane as untouchables?

Because they are ****ing horrible, that's why.
Jones, Toews and Kane have full NMC and hold all of the cards. They have said that they're not going to ask them to waive, but will wait to see if they come to the FO and ask to be traded.

The Hawks are very self conscious of Bill Wirtz' legacy of chasing franchise greats out of town and straining relationships.

Reactions: The Red Line

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
JP and 2022 1st for Dach and Edmontons 2022 3rd. I think the value is fair from both sides.

Remove edmonton getting a 3rd and I think it still values Edmonton. Why would the Hawks be interested in JP if a 21 year old is too old for their rebuild

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Jones, Toews and Kane have full NMC and hold all of the cards. They have said that they're not going to ask them to waive, but will wait to see if they come to the FO and ask to be traded.

The Hawks are very self conscious of Bill Wirtz' legacy of chasing franchise greats out of town and straining relationships.
Basically confirming my comment about them being horrible.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It’s doubtful that the motivation is that he’s too old or doesn’t have enough control for a rebuild.

The better bet is that a new management group just doesn’t see it with him. It happens. Carolina traded Nedeljkovic last year for a similar reason.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
why would Chicago trade him? He's like 21 isn't he, why can't he be a part of their rebuild?
Maybe the new management isn't high on him? Maybe they think he's not gonna live up to his draft position and they're trying to "sell high" on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad