LeBrun: Kirby Dach available in trade - DET and CBJ among teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Big Cs take more time to evolve. Always have.

If Detroit can get Dach, develop him like they have been Rasmussen, with patience, they could be very hard to play against in 2-3 years.

For those who don’t pay attention, Rasmussen was probably the most improved player the second half of this past season. He’s become very hard to play against and started putting points up from the 3C.

Both he and Dach also suffered in their development because they were too dominant for the CHL but couldn’t play in the AHL yet, then came Covid.

It just takes big Cs longer to evolve. Detroit did right by sending Rasmussen to GR for an entire year to learn to play C at the professional level. He’s now one of the better 3C in the league and if he keeps this rate of his development going, he’ll be a Top 6 C very soon. Add Dach to be their 3C, that’s a very strong team up the middle in 2 years.

They’d likely fix Dach. It’s also why the Kings should not lose patience with Byfield. Those 3 guys have a lot in common.

Chicago is making a very stupid mistake giving up on Dach.

Reactions: Shultzyfeelinirie25

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
After the Debrincat trade, now everyone wants to fleece the Hawks for Dach. :popcorn:

Yea I don't think the Hawks did themselves a service with that return. I don't see Dach fetching a top-10 pick, heck even top-15 is debatable. May have to be a late first rounder if anyone is interested, if not, they'd have to settle for something else.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'm wondering if there are any former Hughes clients in the Hawks organisation, that he might have some insight on to grab something from this apparent fire sale...

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Columbus and Detroit make a lot of sense.

This may have been covered but - hey Chicago fans, why are they looking to move him? Did they sour on him or...?

Aug 3, 2021
LOL You do understand that Kyle Davidson wants 4 equivalent 1st round picks for CAT right? Nyquist is a cap dump not even close for both players.

You were saying?

faint-passing-out.gif

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
It's pretty well understood that Yzerman (and Draper) liked Dach a lot in '19. Pretty sure he was #3 on our board as well as Chicago's, although it's tough to find anything super concrete after the fact.

I don't think we'd give up #8, but I would not be surprised to see Yzerman maneuver things around to bring Dach on board.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
As a wings fan, I do not want.

Kirby Dach, a year removed from wrist surgery, is struggling to score and win faceoffs for the Chicago Blackhawks. But the former No. 3 pick says ‘there’s a lot left on the table’ to raise his game.

Blackhawks’ Kirby Dach building confidence in his shot but struggling with accuracy

What should the Blackhawks do about Kirby Dach?

dach.png

The primary culprit for Dach’s lower production is still his finishing, which was in the bottom 9th percentile in the league. And that lack of finishing is due to the terrible combination of a low shooting percentage (7.8 percent) and shot volume (1.65 shots per game). His shots per 60 rate this season increased slightly from 4.55 last season to 5.51 this season, but both of those rates are below his rookie year mark of 6.64 and ranks among the bottom 2 percent of the league.

Reactions: Jukurit and Reddwit

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Based on how Dach has played to date, I'm not sure he could crack the Jackets roster. There is already a surplus of middle six players, and the Jackets are short on a 1C, not short on centers overall.

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
HI All
I am coming into this conversation late, so need some info, plz

Is Dach being shop because of injury related issues?

How well can the kid play defensively?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad