Post-Game Talk: Kings win 4-1

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
A little weary of being the 'aw shucks nice effort but we lost a close one to a good team, be proud!' fan-base. We're perennial underdogs to the perennial 'elite'.

I want to be a member of the 'we're contenders and every other team should be afraid whenever we come up on their schedule' fan-base. We'll get there someday. 2019 I guess.

It is what it is.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
May be just me, but teams like the Kings seem to be too hard to handle for Little, Scheifele, Myers and Enstrom. They work hard but have a really tough time in these games, imo.

Having Buff with Toby helps, but playing Buff too many minutes is problematic as well, imo. His questionable pinches and roving style can get exposed with too many 5v5 minutes, if that trend continues.

More physical guys like Lowry, Burmi and Buff seem to get up for these physical games, and play an effective physical game.

Would still love to get a big strong Center that has skill to generate offense and points but can also play a 'heavy' game when needed. I'd take a winger with size and skill too. We seem to have speed and skill in the prospect ranks but not size and skill.

Wait until Scheifele is 25-27 he's already half way from lamb to lion.

That said I would not complain about drafting or acquiring a second player of this type lol

Hhane Snidy

Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Correlation != causation. It's quite possible that they wouldn't have taken cheap shots even if Petan were on the ice instead of Peluso. Given that that didn't happen, we'll never know.

Didn't Hedman run Perreault in the Tampa Bay game? I believe Peluso was on the ice for that game. Not to say that he can just run amok and go nuclear at anytime, but I thought he should have got the nod to go take care of that. Maybe I'm mixed up though.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
For those keeping track at home, Pavelec let in the game winning goal with 4:41 left in the 3rd period.

He's a little off his pace from last year, where he allowed a GWG/GTG with < 5:00 to go in the 3rd period in 20% (!) of his games. Only 17% so far in 2015-16! He's fixed! :sarcasm:

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Disagree, with the lack of minutes Copp gets it hurts any offensive part of his game that he might have, guy could be playing 20+ minutes a game in the AHL for 40 games and would return to the Jets better for it. How can any player like Copp or Petan get anything out of 5 minutes of icetime! Guys like Thorburn or Peluso aren't going to get any better regardless of their icetime.

When Petan is in the lineup he is getting close to 10.
10 minutes per game plus NHL level practice is good experience imo.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
For those keeping track at home, Pavelec let in the game winning goal with 4:41 left in the 3rd period.

He's a little off his pace from last year, where he allowed a GWG/GTG with < 5:00 to go in the 3rd period in 20% (!) of his games. Only 17% so far in 2015-16! He's fixed! :sarcasm:

Do you not think that speaks to the team's issue of not playing well in the last few minutes of the game.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
No kidding. Anyone watching that game yesterday who thinks we needed less Buff and more Myers-Chiarot or Stuart-Trouba doesn't have a clue.

We could have used more Trouba.

Don't care who has their minutes trimmed. Either Myers, Chiarot or Buff, didn't matter. Buff would still have high minutes, but a few less last night wouldn't matter.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
9 games into the season and i haven't seen Ladd play like Ladd yet . I don't know if it is due to injury or contract ? Whatever it is he shouldn't be on the #1 line until it is remedied . Put Ehlers there and try it out .... And sit either Stuart or Chariot for Pardy . Oh who starts in net against Chicago ? Hutch played unbelievable against them last year , just saying .

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
9 games into the season and i haven't seen Ladd play like Ladd yet . I don't know if it is due to injury or contract ? Whatever it is he shouldn't be on the #1 line until it is remedied . Put Ehlers there and try it out .... And sit either Stuart or Chariot for Pardy . Oh who starts in net against Chicago ? Hutch played unbelievable against them last year , just saying .

Why would you want to split up MP-Scheifele-Ehlers? They have been very good together and have produced a lot of offence. LLW has got the tough assignments and as a line have been producing. So why take Ehlers out of a more sheltered offensive role, and put him a position to match up against tough assignments and put him in a more defensively demanding role?

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

Why on earth would we take Ehlers away from Scheifele and Perreault right now. As far as Ladd goes I think he is coming around, his best game was against Minnesota, might have dipped against the Kings but to me he is getting better, I'd leave the forwards as they are, the defence though needs some tinkering.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Do you not think that speaks to the team's issue of not playing well in the last few minutes of the game.

Maybe - but it only happened to Hutch twice in 38 games last year (5%). The Jets just happened to play better in front of Hutch? I think that was the argument for Montoya's stellar record with the Jets the year before...

I'm sure the stats guys will tell you it's probably all just luck or variance or whatever but IMO Pavelec is a choker.

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013

Woah. That's not a good stat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad