Post-Game Talk: Kings win 4-1

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
Wonder if Trouba is nicked up. Played fewest minutes of all the d tonight.

With Chiarot and Myers struggling, Trouba should have gotten more ice. More than Stu or Chiarot at minimum.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Sip I haven't heard you criticize Ehlers once yet. You're losing it; someone is liable to beat you to the punch.

I got my shots in when he failed to score in his first NHL game, since then he's been pretty good, it's looking like he might not be going back to junior, BUT you never know!;)

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Guy's saying Peluso had a good game, he was okay, just okay, his good game means he didn't take any stupid penalties and I'm sure that was drilled into him a lot before the game.

Luc Gretzky

Jun 24, 2012
Kings fan coming in peace. I just want to say how impressed I was with both teams tonight. The 2nd and 3rd periods were playoff hockey in October. Could have gone either way. If (God forbid) y'all ever outlast us in the playoffs, I now have a clear 2nd team to watch.

Jerts

Mar 5, 2015
Winnipeg
I hate to say this but I'm disappointed with the lack of adjustments made by PoMo in this game.

We have no problem handling the dump/chase but the Kings are a possession team and hang on to the puck through the neutral zone and across our blue line.

Our D collapses every time and our forwards are already behind the play.

I realize we have a system but it didn't work last night.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I hate to say this but I'm disappointed with the lack of adjustments made by PoMo in this game.

We have no problem handling the dump/chase but the Kings are a possession team and hang on to the puck through the neutral zone and across our blue line.

Our D collapses every time and our forwards are already behind the play.

I realize we have a system but it didn't work last night.

I thought the Kings did a really good job of taking away lanes as the Jets tried to break out. Not only did it lead to a lot of turn overs it kept the Jets from attacking with speed. The Kings are a big team that can really grind a game down.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I liked how the Jets played, but I'm still mad that Trouba is being turned into an afterthought on the team by Huddy/PoMo playing him with Stu. They need to find a way to go to a 5 D rotation or even a 4 D rotation, especially when the Jets haven't had many PKs.

I hope Morrissey's development accelerates. Trouba needs a good partner who doesn't toss him live grenades all game.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I know this sounds odd but early in the season I wasn't liking the look of our team which was being propped up by unsustainable goaltending but I assumed we were making adjustments. The last three games or so I have liked the look of our team. Last night we caught a good kings team with Quick playing at the top of his game. ***** happens and it's all part of the ebb and flow of the luck of a season. The Kings style of play can make a game look sloppy but I would prefer to say it was hard fought. Tough loss but I do like what I am seeing out of our team more now.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I know this sounds odd but early in the season I wasn't liking the look of our team which was being propped up by unsustainable goaltending but I assumed we were making adjustments. The last three games or so I have liked the look of our team. Last night we caught a good kings team with Quick playing at the top of his game. ***** happens and it's all part of the ebb and flow of the luck of a season. The Kings style of play can make a game look sloppy but I would prefer to say it was hard fought. Tough loss but I do like what I am seeing out of our team more now.

SAME. thought the exact same thing yesterday. The first and second period yesterday + the Wild game without the sequence of 5-1 to 5-4, looked to be the kind of overall team performance we want and need to see to be successful. I'm not mad because of yesterday's loss. I said it in the GDT already: Game was 50-50 and could have gone either way. A hot Quick made the difference overall.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I thought that was a real good game until the gwg. Hell, our 4th line with Peluso on it had 9 minutes of ice time against the kings and spent a fair bit of time at their end of the rink! And they weren't on the ice for the game winner...that was by far Peluso's best game in ages. I was really mostly hoping to at least make it to OT. I figured if anyone scored in the 3rd it would probably be the game and I knew it would likely be LA that would do it.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
I guess I better get ready to get slammed but I can't help it.I can't believe I see some post on here that state that Peluso did not play good or that if Petan would have been in we could have tied the game up.Petan has 1 point with 1 goal in his 7 games played so far that is hardly a game changer.Thorburn has 1 goal also.I think Peluso played his best game Lastnight.The 4th line never looked better.They were checking hard knocking guys off the puck, fast and Peluso even carried the puck well.I would much rather have that then a soft 4th line that does not score anyway.Im sorry to go on this rant but when I see post on here that people want to say it even has a chance to be the 4th lines fault of that loss Lastnight.Petan does not need to move up to any higher line he is fine were he is at.Im sure he will develop as time goes on but right now he is still trying to adapt to the big game.The Jets team in whole lost that game no one person.They played hard for 20 but could not play 60 with the better time like the Kings.I love this team and still will win or lose but we still have some things to work on.Sorry if I offended people.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Agree with this. I was pretty frustrated leaving the booth last night, but I have to give credit to the Kings for playing an exceptionally strong positional game. They also close on pucks lightning quick. I thought we were able to match them most of the night, but a couple of errors in the third did us in. I'm not worried about this team.

I think they need to mix the partners up. Chariot and Myers don't work together and Trouba is getting dragged down. I echo Whileee I'm that I hope Morrissey is ready by the 30 to 40 game mark.

meedle

May 17, 2011
Winnipeg
I guess I better get ready to get slammed but I can't help it.I can't believe I see some post on here that state that Peluso did not play good or that if Petan would have been in we could have tied the game up.Petan has 1 point with 1 goal in his 7 games played so far that is hardly a game changer.Thorburn has 1 goal also.I think Peluso played his best game Lastnight.The 4th line never looked better.They were checking hard knocking guys off the puck, fast and Peluso even carried the puck well.I would much rather have that then a soft 4th line that does not score anyway.Im sorry to go on this rant but when I see post on here that people want to say it even has a chance to be the 4th lines fault of that loss Lastnight.Petan does not need to move up to any higher line he is fine were he is at.Im sure he will develop as time goes on but right now he is still trying to adapt to the big game.The Jets team in whole lost that game no one person.They played hard for 20 but could not play 60 with the better time like the Kings.I love this team and still will win or lose but we still have some things to work on.Sorry if I offended people.

I thought it was a pretty even game up til the 3rd. 1 person making an extra play made have made a difference. No one knows. What I do know is Peluso is good at facepunching and not the guy who is going to create offense. I thought he played well but just stating facts that against LA and St.Louis, game was close and we needed an extra goal. He is not the person to do that.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Peluso is no longer leading the league in CF% dropped all the way from 100% to 55.6%

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
I thought it was a pretty even game up til the 3rd. 1 person making an extra play made have made a difference. No one knows. What I do know is Peluso is good at facepunching and not the guy who is going to create offense. I thought he played well but just stating facts that against LA and St.Louis, game was close and we needed an extra goal. He is not the person to do that.

Neither is Petan.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Neither is Petan.

We do know that Petan was able to score at a rate that had him lead the WHL in scoring. We also know that Peluso didn't do that. Given that, it's quite possible that Petan will outscore Peluso on a regular basis going forward. Will that happen right away? Probably not - he's a raw rookie, playing on a non-offense first 4th line.

I will state though: I thought Peluso played a very good game last night for the most part - skated well, forechecked well, played reasonably well defensively, and helped even out the TOI for all the lines. Credit where credit's due.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Hope so. Wouldn't be averse to seeing Copp go down and get more playing time as well. For all that our 4th line contributes, it might as well be Cormier and Halischuk filling those spaces.

sorry but I don't know what you are talking about. Our 4th line has been getting more ice time this season than ever last season. They aren't going to score a lot of goals. We just need them to be able to eat some ice time so that our other lines - the ones that do score goals - aren't gassed by the third period.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Hope so. Wouldn't be averse to seeing Copp go down and get more playing time as well. For all that our 4th line contributes, it might as well be Cormier and Halischuk filling those spaces.

Copp is getting valuable experience against NHL competition and he's performing well. I think it's more valuable to him, and better for the Jets in the short and long run to have Copp on the team. I could see Petan going down to get more top-3 minutes, because his eventual NHL role won't be 4th line. Raffl would be a good replacement, once healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad