Kings who could be traded this summer

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Fagemo is Arvidsson’s successor. He slots in when RV leaves. When that happens? who knows.
Think Fagemo is out of waiver exemption next year so he's going to be on the roster?

So Fagemo's nickname?
Sammy?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Think Fagemo is out of waiver exemption next year so he's going to be on the roster?

So Fagemo's nickname?
Sammy?
Fagemo could make the roster as a 13/14th forward. Probably not going to pass through waivers.

As for his nickname, I like "Moo" myself.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Fagemo could make the roster as a 13/14th forward. Probably not going to pass through waivers.

As for his nickname, I like "Moo" myself.
In my opinion 3 out 4 forwards should be traded to make place for young players to have a chance to play:
Iafallo, Arvidsson, Moore and JAD
I would prefer to keep Iafallo.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
In my opinion 3 out 4 forwards should be traded to make place for young players to have a chance to play:
Iafallo, Arvidsson, Moore and JAD
I would prefer to keep Iafallo.
Few of us are really talking about it, but Lizotte is tradeable. Moving him and replacing him with a player being paid less than $1M clears a small chunk of cap space that could be very useful.

Grundstrom is the other player that could move from the 4th line for some cap space. I like his physicality, but he just didnt made a difference last season.

Arvidsson would be tough to lose. He played really well, especially on the power play.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
Did we let the team capologist go to Anaheim & allowed him to take his briefcase? Maybe this is why Blake seems to be running into the cap.

:skeptic:

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
The Matthews to LA talk got a bump from Nick Kypreos today. He threw out a trade package of Vilardi, Anderson, Byfield and a 1st.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
The Matthews to LA talk got a bump from Nick Kypreos today. He threw out a trade package of Vilardi, Anderson, Byfield and a 1st.
Too much. All of Byfield, Vilardi, Anderson trending up. Byfield, despite the 3 goals, was plus 13, began using his size, played on line 1 and didn't look ut of place. Learned wing...lost 20+ lbs at start of season. After Kopi and Fiala, made more slick passes than any other forward.
It's too early to trade him - even for a superstar. If he's at 10 goals, 40 pts next year, I'd be worried. I think he's 50+ pts from this point and gains lbs and strength and see more big hits like the one on Hedman next yr. Then Vilardi busted 20 goals and was great on the PP and just getting started. 30 goals is not out of the question for him. Can play wing or center. 2 way play improved. Kempe best sniper on team...snipes 30+ feet and Vilardi may be next at 20+ feet out. Wicked, accurate shot.
Anderson was great, up until the McDavid hit. He's future A or C.

LHD is aready weak and needing a 2 LHD...so, would then need *1 LHD, 2 LHD?
SO MANY forward prospects are not panning out (so far and no one trending up so much) Turcotte, Fagemo, Thomas...and others below their hoped ceiling: Kupari, JAD.

So, trade the 2 best forward prospects since Kempe, #1 young LHD and yet another #1 pick? No thanks.

* and no cap to even be able to get a #1 and #2 LHD.

Last edited:

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Trading a bunch of talent (talent that you need since you are not that good/deep) for a guy who will be a FA in a year and will require a HUGE deal that further limits you cap space -- ummm, no.

For S&Gs, imo the only way you do it is trading your excess stuff and some picks -- some collection of Turc, Spence, Kupari, etc. and maybe vets to help them win now (one or more of Arvi, AI, Moore, Roy)...and a #1. Maybe like GV, Spence + #1. Preferrably something like Spence + Turc + Moore or AI or Arvi + 1st. I still won't do any of those and simply wait for FA if i wanted to try the Matthews route. But if i were forced to make the trade, that's about it with his big contract & FA pending

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
Trading a bunch of talent (talent that you need since you are not that good/deep) for a guy who will be a FA in a year and will require a HUGE deal that further limits you cap space -- ummm, no.

For S&Gs, imo the only way you do it is trading your excess stuff and some picks -- some collection of Turc, Spence, Kupari, etc. and maybe vets to help them win now (one or more of Arvi, AI, Moore, Roy)...and a #1. Maybe like GV, Spence + #1. Preferrably something like Spence + Turc + Moore or AI or Arvi + 1st. I still won't do any of those and simply wait for FA if i wanted to try the Matthews route. But if i were forced to make the trade, that's about it with his big contract & FA pending
And know full well, that any youth traded will go on to be better and more useful player on their new team, like: Amadio, Toffoli (being uninspired 13 goals in 82 games and back to 34 goals) even Pearson...and further back Dowd and even further Steckel? Who seemed terrible here. Even Hickey was decent a few years with the Isles. Even Forbort and McNabb were better, after leaving. Am sure there are others. Oh, Purcell was decent, for awhile and then there was Matt Moulson, 3 time 30 goal scorer.

All GMS should know this and that there is some untapped potential in King players. Arty is a perennial 25 goal forward, waiting for a new team...Kupari is probably a much better player, somewhere else. Spence is a #2 RHD kind of like Spurgeon level,, for his new team.
Bjornfot, becomes a confident and reliable 3rd pairing for 10 years, on his new team.
Maybe JAD becomes a 15 goal scorer, reliable 2 way player and reaches potential elsewhere.
Durzi? He will always be minus 15 to 25 and GMs should steer clear of...but hoping one will take him - because he looks like a player and competes....but kind of like that quote about Alexei Zhitnik, someone said "no one gives up the puck with more flair, than Alexei Zhitnik" lol. True. Sure loved him, though and was pissed that they traded him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schrute farms

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
Kypreos needs to be put out to pasture. I never saw a guy with such an average nhl career get more mileage out of stupid takes. This one is one of the worst ive read in a while

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
I've got the answer to all our problems:
Durzi for logan stanley of winnipeg straight up? Stanley is abig nasty Lhd who has requested a trade to get out of winnipeg. Also winnipeg is short on rhd. And i cant imagine a nicer landing spot for my favorite kings player.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I've got the answer to all our problems:
Durzi for logan stanley of winnipeg straight up? Stanley is abig nasty Lhd who has requested a trade to get out of winnipeg. Also winnipeg is short on rhd. And i cant imagine a nicer landing spot for my favorite kings player.
You can get Stanley for a 5th or wait for him to hit waivers next season if they cant trade him. No reason to send Durzi out

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
It’s not a bad idea - just bad compensation. His size would be a big welcome as a 3rd line LHD.
Logan + 2nd for Durzi + 6th?

Reactions: lumbergh

Papa Mocha 15

I love the smell of ice in the morning.
Nov 27, 2008
Hanging with Brad Doty.
I'm just wondering when Blake is gonna make a move. It's gonna be after the draft and right before free agency when he tries to scramble to keep one our trades and will come up short.

Jun 30, 2006
That’s it? I’d throw Cal Petersen and another draft pick in the deal to make the cap work better for LA in a retool. Theoretically, that deal puts Danault at the third line, Kopi down to the second. Matthews would center Fiala and Kempe, possibly one of the more potent lines in the NHL.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I'm just wondering when Blake is gonna make a move. It's gonna be after the draft and right before free agency when he tries to scramble to keep one our trades and will come up short.

Any Cal trade is going to happen after his bonus is paid.

Forward for cap cutting probably at or before draft. Like Arvidsson for picks.

Some NYI fans were interested in Durzi. They need a righty PP quarterback. We may not realize the shortage of that position around the league with multiple options. Still don't think unestablished D like Montour or that Schultz (EDM, not LA King's legend) go for that much.

Reactions: Papa Mocha 15

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV

lol, that would certainly spell the end of Blake's career in LA. In the end, rental players almost never get the return people hope for. The Kings have Kopitar this year. If they were going to acquire another $10M+ player, it is best to wait till the offseason and sign them then blow assets and further complicate a cap situation getting trickier by the month.

The Kings will need a #1 center soon and Byfield isn't inspiring much confidence that he'll get there though it is still possible. I still wouldn't have done it at the time, but it makes you wonder about the Eichel deal for Byfield that Blake was pondering before he went to Vegas.

I wouldn't hate it if Mathews some how ends up on the team, but obviously, that doesn't fix anything that is wrong with the team right now. It only addresses a future need that is on the not-too-distant horizon.

Reactions: Schrute farms

unicornpig

Dec 8, 2017
You can get Stanley for a 5th or wait for him to hit waivers next season if they cant trade him. No reason to send Durzi out
Plenty of reason to ship durzi out, he sucks being the main one

lol, that would certainly spell the end of Blake's career in LA. In the end, rental players almost never get the return people hope for. The Kings have Kopitar this year. If they were going to acquire another $10M+ player, it is best to wait till the offseason and sign them then blow assets and further complicate a cap situation getting trickier by the month.

The Kings will need a #1 center soon and Byfield isn't inspiring much confidence that he'll get there though it is still possible. I still wouldn't have done it at the time, but it makes you wonder about the Eichel deal for Byfield that Blake was pondering before he went to Vegas.

I wouldn't hate it if Mathews some how ends up on the team, but obviously, that doesn't fix anything that is wrong with the team right now. It only addresses a future need that is on the not-too-distant horizon.
Probably under the assumption that he's re-signed, but even then if Matthew's wanted to play in la they can just wait one year when he hits ufa

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
The Kings 4th line needs a total reboot.
I agree, but Lizotte is fine as a 4C. He needs quality 4th line wingers to work with.

Kupari: Withered and fell apart down the stretch.
Kaliyev : See above. Doesn't have good 4th liner's skill set anyways.
MacEwen: Awful
Grundstrom: Is good for a couple games, then disappears.
Lemieux: Was great the previous year, but threw in the towel this season. He's gone.
JAD: Has some potential, but he's redundant on this roster. Doesn't have the ideal size or grit to compliment Lizotte

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad