Kings who could be traded this summer

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
The only two players I want to see absolutely off this roster by training camp are Walker and Durzi. I would be surprised if Blake actually does trade both of them though. I have a feeling he is going to justify it as Walker taking Edler's 7th defenseman spot and showcasing Durzi while sending Clarke to the AHL or some dumb shit.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
This was a really bad poorly thought out article IMO. He says Iafallo is basically overpaid for what he brings but then offers no reason for why another team would want to bring in a guy who is overpaid for what he brings. He says the Kings can replace their most solid defensive defenseman in Roy with a rookie offensive defenseman who is still really raw in the area of defense. And then says that Roy could get a 2nd which is a ridiculously low price for him. Finally, he thinks Peterson can be moved along with a 2nd. Sure he can.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Makes sense to me. Roy’s an expiring UFA who provides a ton of surplus value. Iafallo is proven top nine depth with an extra year on his deal. Both are easily the best trade targets on the Kings if you’re looking to upgrade for just next season and playoffs.

And Petersen makes sense as well. There is no one Blake is more incentivized to trade before next trade deadline than Cal the Cooler and his albatross of a contract.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Makes sense to me. Roy’s an expiring UFA who provides a ton of surplus value. Iafallo is proven top nine depth with an extra year on his deal. Both are easily the best trade targets on the Kings if you’re looking to upgrade for just next season and playoffs.

And Petersen makes sense as well. There is no one Blake is more incentivized to trade before next trade deadline than Cal the Cooler and his albatross of a contract.
I just don't know how the team gets better in 23-24 if Roy is traded. His $3 million is close to the last money I'd be trading if I'm Blake.

Last edited:

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I just don't know how the team gets better in 23-24 if Roy is traded. His $3 million is close to the last money I'd be trading if I'm Blake.
Seems like there is very little Blake could do to make the team better this offseason. At best he will be trying to bring back the same team plus Gavrikov and a goalie which is pretty much the same squad that just got beat by the Oilers in six.
Hell have to be creative and take some risks if he wants change/improvement and I dont think hes willing to go there.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
I’m sure Johnny Quick agrees with you.
He was going to free agency at the end of the year. What moves can Blake make now for improving the team?
Moving a combination of Walker Petersen Durzi and Grundstrom to pay Gavrikov and a cheap goalie like Korpisalo or Stolarz would be basically running it back with the same team that finished the year.
To fill with the roster with the ingredients they need like a couple of Tom Wilson, Lowry, Crouse types and another dman like Soucy or Graves would be impossible without moving some of Moore, Iafallo, Arvidsson or Roy or even Doughty.
Maybe he has his eye on some size and toughness coming out of college thats off the radar for league minimum. That could be a creative solution.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
imo doughty should have been moved a while back. he's the only trade piece we have that can remotely bring back some of what we need. as it is, his value is decreasing as fast as his interest is and has already peaked.
it may be that we're stuck with what we had this season as was stated by my favorite excuse of a gm: "id like to bring back the same team..." so obviously the interest to go further in the playoffs or win a championship is not there.
the team needs are obvious. its just not fun for this fan to watch them get treated like punks every night.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
imo doughty should have been moved a while back. he's the only trade piece we have that can remotely bring back some of what we need. as it is, his value is decreasing as fast as his interest is and has already peaked.
it may be that we're stuck with what we had this season as was stated by my favorite excuse of a gm: "id like to bring back the same team..." so obviously the interest to go further in the playoffs or win a championship is not there.
the team needs are obvious. its just not fun for this fan to watch them get treated like punks every night.
I know, man...I'm so with you. The Kings sucks, management doesn't know DICK....and I'm gonna keep coming back here everyday to let the world know.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Re CalPete's situation as has been pointed out repeatedly - it pays to keep him around 1 more season when the buyout is very cheap. Sure if you want to just remove the eyesore from the org.. there could be some value in that, but I doubt its just a 2nd to do it.

Reactions: lumbergh

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Taking me back to paradise city where the grass is green and the trolls are witty
There are not bigger trolls around than the ones who constantly shit on the team in their own message board. Some people around here should do some self reflection.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
There are not bigger trolls around than the ones who constantly shit on the team in their own message board. Some people around here should do some self reflection.
So shitting on those shitting on the team - is just adding more noise. I know you are pent up from being banned, but you're not adding anything new with all these non hockey posts. I think better if you could join the conversation than be an anarchist in every thread. But whatever.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
what do you want me to add to a post that centers around 'We should have moved Doughty a long time ago. I'm smarter than the org and this team sucks'.

Seriously? It's kindergarten shit.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
what do you want me to add to a post that centers around 'We should have moved Doughty a long time ago. I'm smarter than the org and this team sucks'.

Seriously? It's kindergarten shit.
You do know that you could just...ignore the post or the people posting it, right? You are not obligated to spew your whiny complaining about others complaining, because that's kindergarten shit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad