LeBrun: Kings want 1st-round pick, prospect for Muzzin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSP2018

Nov 20, 2018
Once LA fans stated the pricetag...it quickly cooled down.

In all honesty, i'm surprised more Habs fans weren't interested...they need a LHD.

Habs fans are interested but MB said he is not moving prospects or picks. So we have to stay realistic here. Not expecting much in all honesty

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Oh of course, but we are dealing in this thread. I'm all good with kings fans stating a price, it's just higher, it seems, than folks want to discuss.

That’s why in general I don’t discuss actual prices regarding any Jets players......bc fans are most often clueless to actual returns or values.......they just post their dream returns which rarely happen. This is common with all fans......all teams.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
That’s why in general I don’t discuss actual prices regarding any Jets players......bc fans are most often clueless to actual returns or values.......they just post their dream returns which rarely happen. This is common with all fans......all teams.
So, let's talk about Trouba....:sarcasm:

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Once LA fans stated the pricetag...it quickly cooled down.

In all honesty, i'm surprised more Habs fans weren't interested...they need a LHD.
1st and prospect was not set by LA fans. That comes from media speculation. Kings should try to capitalize on his current value but no one can really know what will go down this deadline until it’s done. Maybe they keep him.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
1st and prospect was not set by LA fans. That comes from media speculation. Kings should try to capitalize on his current value but no one can really know what will go down this deadline until it’s done. Maybe they keep him.
No, but the level of prospect was. And again, i don't begrudge Kings fans...but if (in Toronto's case) it's 1st+Liljegren/Sandin, then there really isn't anything to discuss.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
No, but the level of prospect was. And again, i don't begrudge Kings fans...but if (in Toronto's case) it's 1st+Liljegren/Sandin, then there really isn't anything to discuss.

Agreed, same thing could be said for Jets.....1st & Roslovic.....then really nothing to discuss.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
It’s the same as it always is in proposals.

Said fans want a first a nice prospect.

Other fans counter with first and prospect they don’t care about.

20 something pages later and it gets nowhere.

Pretty much.

Sellers always want to get the absolute max value (at times more) and buyers always want to offer the min value that a player might return (at times less). Rarely do sellers & buyers both look at the middle ground about what could each "live with" in value received & given up. Add the fact that opposing fans often don't know other teams needs......hard to come up with reasonable deals that each side likes.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

On top of that, Muzzin’s contract isn’t expiring and even if it was, by all accounts he loves it in LA. I would love to resign him, it just doesn’t make a lot of sense right now in terms of asset management and team outlook.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
On top of that, Muzzin’s contract isn’t expiring and even if it was, by all accounts he loves it in LA. I would love to resign him, it just doesn’t make a lot of sense right now in terms of asset management and team outlook.

What team would you guys like to trade him to? In terms of prospects that you may have interest in?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
What team would you guys like to trade him to? In terms of prospects that you may have interest in?

to be honest i dont think any king fan cares whatt team. They need a top 6 prospect coming back who give us that i dont think many kings care

Yeah, really at this point either a top six prospect or a promising defensive prospect. It doesn't really matter where he goes. The Kings likely aren't contenders for a couple years.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Laughing at the Leafs getting him. Can people not understand he's a LD and Babock wont play guys on their off sides. Christ

He's played Ron Hainsey on his off side for 3 years and regularly pairs Gardiner/Dermott with Rielly when needing offense. Don't think it's at all unrealistic for them to go after him. Rielly can play RD well.

Muzzin-Rielly
Gardiner-Zaitsev/Hainsey
Dermott-Hainsey/Zaitsev

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
Laughing at the Leafs getting him. Can people not understand he's a LD and Babock wont play guys on their off sides. Christ

Muzzin also.has another year while gardiner is a ufa. Leafs should bring in muzzin and faulk and trade gardiner to recoop.some assets.

Rielly faulk
Muzzin hainsey
Dermott zaitsev

After next year they can let muzzin/ faulk walk if kids are ready

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear

To be fair, it's not like Kings fans are coming up with an idea of an asking price out of thin air.

Darren Dreger on TSN 1050.

"He’s a quality Top-4 defenseman. I don’t think that there’s much doubt of that," said Dreger. "The asking price for Jake Muzzin, though, apparently is off the charts. It’s like a first-round draft pick and a prospect, if not a top prospect."

Bob McKenzie on TSN 1290.

"So I would assume that the Kings will be saying, 'We want a first-round pick, and we want a really good blue-chip prospect or young player,' and that’s what the asking price will be."

"Now, whether it gets met or not, depends how many teams want him, what the other options are. And to your point, it’s early yet. You’ve got to see some other deals drop to know the actual market value for players like that is going to get set at. We don’t even know what the rental prices are going to be.

"But there’s no question in my mind that L.A. will be looking for a haul - and probably more quality than quantity, but a little bit of quantity, too.

"Do you have to give up a really good young defenceman and a first-round pick to get Jake Muzzin? I think that would be the starting asking price for what the Kings would be after."

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
I have consistently said on this thread and elsewhere that Muzzin is a solid 2nd pairing defenseman. Saying he can play on the top pair is meaningless since Derek f'ing Forbort plays every game on the top pair...does that mean he is a #1 or #2 defenseman? If Muzzin is your 1st or 2nd best defenseman then you probably can plan on making tee times in early April.

Guess you was sleeping when Muzzin was our 2nd best defenseman on a cup team. Go back to the Ducks board no cross dressing aloud.

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
To be fair, it's not like Kings fans are coming up with an idea of an asking price out of thin air.

Darren Dreger on TSN 1050.

Bob McKenzie on TSN 1290.
That's cool. Again, i don't begrudge Kings fans wanting top dollar, but in the case of Toronto....if top dollar equals 1st+Lil/Sandin, most Leafs fans would politely pass. I hope the Kings get what they are looking for.

pegcity

Feb 9, 2011
Winnipeg
That's cool. Again, i don't begrudge Kings fans wanting top dollar, but in the case of Toronto....if top dollar equals 1st+Lil/Sandin, most Leafs fans would politely pass. I hope the Kings get what they are looking for.

The Jets won't be getting that for Trouba this off-season. Let alone a soon to be 30 year old Muzzin.

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear

The point simply was to make it clear that assertions in the thread that it's only Kings fans inflating the level of ask is completely wrong.

Personally, I hope they keep Muzzin and move out other players instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad