GDT: Kings Training Camp 2022/2023!

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
So I was off the grid this weekend camping, did we make our final roster decisions?

I can't find any articles about any final roster moves from this weekend. Is that all expected to come today?

This should be soon, I'm fairly certain the deadline to be cap and roster compliant is today by 2pm.

Reactions: mbar

SaltyElkHunter

Grocery Shopping in the woods
Apr 24, 2019
Utah
Feels like a jack Johnson / voynov starting to develop on the top 6 wing positions and top 4 D arguably 2x at each position.

Young guys filling key secondary spots and clearing cap room usually signifies a window opening !

Reactions: lumbergh

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I'm not at all surprised Andersson made it through, but someone could have swung at upside.

I am a little bit surprised Moverare made it through but there's also not a huge body of work there--but there are worse dmen in the NHL right now. Don't take that as 'no one wants him.'

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I'm not at all surprised Andersson made it through, but someone could have swung at upside.

I am a little bit surprised Moverare made it through but there's also not a huge body of work there--but there are worse dmen in the NHL right now. Don't take that as 'no one wants him.'
No one was going to take either one of those two -- Andersson because the only thing he has done is get drafted in the first round and Moverare because Blake did him a solid by giving him a decent contract.

Reactions: Statto

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
No one was going to take either one of those two -- Andersson because the only thing he has done is get drafted in the first round and Moverare because Blake did him a solid by giving him a decent contract.

Jarred Tinordi and Josh Mahura both got plucked on waivers.

Like I said, it's not fully surprising, but worse players are in the NHL and worse players got picked up on waivers. There was definitely a chance.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
f***ing love what McLellan says about Clarke.

"Brandt knows who Brandt is, he knows what’s in his toolbox, in his toolkit,” Head Coach McLellan said. “He hasn’t played with fear and what I mean by fear is not the physical part of it, it’s the fear of erring on the ice, he makes plays, the intense plays. He’s been very coachable throughout training camp. Potentially away from the Kings, I could see where that confidence or that swagger could be misread in other environments, where it could hurt him, but with us, not one bit.”"

from insider

brandt goes on to talk about the professional environment and what Doughty and Edler and daily competitiveness do to raise the standards.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Jarred Tinordi and Josh Mahura both got plucked on waivers.

Like I said, it's not fully surprising, but worse players are in the NHL and worse players got picked up on waivers. There was definitely a chance.
I don’t think Tinordi or Mahura are worse than Moverare 🤷I doubt he plays another NHL game with the Kings.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
f***ing love what McLellan says about Clarke.

"Brandt knows who Brandt is, he knows what’s in his toolbox, in his toolkit,” Head Coach McLellan said. “He hasn’t played with fear and what I mean by fear is not the physical part of it, it’s the fear of erring on the ice, he makes plays, the intense plays. He’s been very coachable throughout training camp. Potentially away from the Kings, I could see where that confidence or that swagger could be misread in other environments, where it could hurt him, but with us, not one bit.”"

from insider

brandt goes on to talk about the professional environment and what Doughty and Edler and daily competitiveness do to raise the standards.
That certainly suggests he’s going to be given every opportunity because if he doesn’t those comments would come back to haunt him. He’s not one I can recall making these sorts of statements that often about players.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Am I lost - I don't see any Game Day threads?
You seriously can't see these on your screen? I am not really tech savvy, but wouldn't one have to click ignore to not see them?

1665779030886.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad