Kings News: Kings trade Kevin Westgarth to Carolina for Anthony Stewart, '13 4th rd, '14 6th rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
I'm gonna miss Westy -- he was one of my favorite Kings. However, this is a great deal. We were probably gonna waive him anyway, and if we didn't, he would play, what, three games in 48 under Sutter?

Great haul for him too. Even if AStew doesn't work out, we waive him and give the Monarchs some depth. If he doesn't clear waivers, his contract is off the books. In the best scenario, Sutter lights a fire under his you-know-what and he becomes a solid bottom-six player for us. PLUS we get two picks.

Love it.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
By the way Ducks just invited PIERRE-LUC LETOURNEAU LEBLOND to camp. They now have Staubitz, Leblond, possibly Rosehill (AHL contract), Bodi, and Souray in camp. Way tougher than the Kings.

Of all the things to worry about. Rosehill doesn't have an NHL contract, and Troy Bodie(I assume) didn't even play in the league last year. And they invited Leblond! He's barely played in the league since 2010, and he barely played in 2010.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
I'm gonna miss Westy -- he was one of my favorite Kings. However, this is a great deal. We were probably gonna waive him anyway, and if we didn't, he would play, what, three games in 48 under Sutter?

Great haul for him too. Even if AStew doesn't work out, we waive him and give the Monarchs some depth. If he doesn't clear waivers, his contract is off the books. In the best scenario, Sutter lights a fire under his you-know-what and he becomes a solid bottom-six player for us. PLUS we get two picks.

Love it.

Yeah. Even if we lost AStew on waivers, that's still Westy for a 4th and 6th. John Scott netted the Hawks only a 5th. Barch and a 6th only got a 5th and a scrub prospect. Enforcers rarely get traded and when they do, its for one late pick really. We got two and a 4th is a pretty good thing with DL drafting.

riseandfall9

Jun 7, 2006
Felt bad for Westy today. He was walking out of the Practice facility and was signing an autograph for some chick. Chick asked him why he wasn't on the ice... he said they traded me...

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Felt bad for Westy today. He was walking out of the Practice facility and was signing an autograph for some chick. Chick asked him why he wasn't on the ice... he said they traded me...

Considering the circumstances, this is the best for him though. He's been working out with the Hurricanes, his wife is from there, and he will get a chance to play.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
If nothing else I think Stewart has enough skill to keep guys like Nolan, Clifford, and King on their toes. Competition for roster spots is a good thing.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
If nothing else I think Stewart has enough skill to keep guys like Nolan, Clifford, and King on their toes. Competition for roster spots is a good thing.

Yup.

Clifford needs to step it up this year. Heck Lewis has got to put some points on the board.

You can't have a guy playing third line minutes providing Zero offense.

7 points in 72 games is just not acceptable, considering the minutes Lewis gets.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Stewart is and always has been an enigmatic player. He has top 6 skills but is so inconsistent that he seems to always end up fighting just to get ice time. There are lots of guys like him around. IF he can play his game with any consistency then he might keep Nolan King etc on their toes, if not he will be someone who can be used as needed.

To me the thing that can't be overlooked are the draft picks. With our staff those are two very nice pieces going into the 13 draft. Nice bit of depth for Westgarth.

CaniacManiac

Oct 19, 2011
Will be glad to never have to see Stewart hump Cam Ward again. Always ticked me off. Always pleasant to the fans but very inconsistent. We couldn't give him away on waivers last year so basically is the picks for Westgarth. It fills a hole for us on the 4th line and we finally have someone to look after Skinner.

If you're happy we're happy. See ya on the flip side.

Last edited:

KingKopitar11*

One thing that worries me is that we don't have any players with a mean streak. Ducks have tons I'd like 2 dirty 3rd liners like a Downie or Carcillo. I love our players I just wish they were much more mean

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
One thing that worries me is that we don't have any players with a mean streak. Ducks have tons I'd like 2 dirty 3rd liners like a Downie or Carcillo. I love our players I just wish they were much more mean

Playing against teams that don't have players like ANA has means they either won't be on the ice or will take dumb penalties trying to keep up.

KingKopitar11*

Playing against teams that don't have players like ANA has means they either won't be on the ice or will take dumb penalties trying to keep up.

I'm not talking about goons I'm talking about players with mean streaks that can play too, but they can change the tempo if needed or avenge a King who got rocked.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I'm not talking about goons I'm talking about players with mean streaks that can play too, but they can change the tempo if needed or avenge a King who got rocked.

Clifford and Nolan fill that role, you also have Brown, Mitchell, Penner, Richards that are willing to drop gloves.

Id rather the Kings win games than worry about who is tougher.

For once in Kings history, the Kings make teams adjust their lineups and match ups.

Embrace that Kings fans.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Clifford and Nolan fill that role, you also have Brown, Mitchell, Penner, Richards that are willing to drop gloves.

Id rather the Kings win games than worry about who is tougher.

For once in Kings history, the Kings make teams adjust their lineups and match ups.

Embrace that Kings fans.

And you forgot King will drop em and Greene will get punched in the face as well. We have plenty of guys who can fight if need be.

KingKopitar11*

And you forgot King will drop em and Greene will get punched in the face as well. We have plenty of guys who can fight if need be.

**** this lockout sorta made me forget. Thanks for refreshing me.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

LOL Carcillo and Downie have no control....hell don't you remember when Downie came to LA and DD hit him and he went ape ****....WM ended up fighting him.

Also Carcillo LOLOLOLOLOL hope the Hawks got a good PK...well actually I don't;)

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
LOL Carcillo and Downie have no control....hell don't you remember when Downie came to LA and DD hit him and he went ape ****....WM ended up fighting him.

Also Carcillo LOLOLOLOLOL hope the Hawks got a good PK...well actually I don't;)

Yup and Downie got tagged with the extra 2 for instigating and a game misconduct IIRC.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I totally agree. We don't need any of those types. Why do we have to change the way our team is to be like anyone else's? We have a great forecheck, great D, great goaltender, we do not need any of these kind of players that force us to kill a ton of penalties. If a team wants to be stupid and do that with their goons, hopefully we'll have a new PP that can punish them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad