Kings News: Kings trade Kevin Westgarth to Carolina for Anthony Stewart, '13 4th rd, '14 6th rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKFAN

Dec 3, 2006
New Hampshire
Bertuzzi can play hockey at a high level. I don't think a guy that can play in all situations is typically a goon in today's sense. He is, of course, capable of some goonery, but are we really trying to bring up Bertuzzi as a comparison to Westgarth in this conversation? As long as Bertuzzi isn't being an *#@hole he's as much a goon as maybe Dwight King... And I'd say less than Nolan. (I'm not trying to call any of these players goons, just comparing for discussion's sake.) Bertuzzi has really toned it down from what I've seen since he was allowed back in the league.

By the way, Nolan is a big kid and I would like to hear from an observer if he has put on some muscle over the offseason. He seemed to be very willing to throw last year and I would only expect more of that as he matures. #Beast

Good luck to Westgarth; I always rooted for him out there. But he ain't gonna be missed. Sorry, but not really. This team is awesome!

Nolan broke his hand fighting the 1st game of the season while playing for the Monarchs, he's been back playing for a while but per Nolan and Mark Morris, the hand isn't 100% yet.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.
I only brought up Bertuzzi being the biggest goon because of the Moore incident. Guy should never have been allowed to step foot onto NHL ice again.

if moore had manned up this would not even been a topic, bertuzzi is no where near a goon status

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
if moore had manned up this would not even been a topic, bertuzzi is no where near a goon status

Ya, but Moore didn't.

...and Bertuzzi did what he did.

That's like saying Scuds shouldn't have had his back to Bernier when he decided to run the **** out of him from behind.

:shakehead

123slam

Dec 28, 2006

That's a ridiculous argument. Moore fought earlier in that game, look it up. He did man up. One fight wasn't enough apparently. Bertuzzi is a schmuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad