Dreger: Kings to be aggressive, want to add 2 top 6 forwards

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Iafallo has never hit 20 goals; I see Fiala's potential as a 30 goal scorer. They're completely different players, and Fiala brings dynamic zone entry skills and he's a threat to create his own chances going outside-in. He's also been on teams who have historically suppressed offense in NSH and MIN, and I think with some of our up and coming prospects he could further blossom. He's the centerpiece of this deal for me.

Greenway on the other hand is the type of player we don't have on our team or potentially in our system. Look at Tuch in Vegas, Maroon in Tampa, etc. He's a big body with snarl who creates space for his teammates and has an underrated passing ability. He can play on your 2nd line if needed, and is a stud on the 3rd line if you're a contender.

Lastly, they both fit the age group we are thinnest in. Kempe, Iafallo, and perhaps Moore are basically the only meaningful players we have insulating young guys after Kopitar and Doughty. I like Kupari, but you have to give to get and we have plenty of center prospects. As for the 8th overall, we have the deepest pool in the NHL. I'd be ecstatic if that pick became a player like Fiala, so why not acquire him now to help mesh with our current NHL-ready prospects rather than wait 3-4 years?

I'm not saying I'd for sure pull the trigger on this, but I definitely would be decently happy with it.

Yeah, this is where we have different opinions.
If Fiala scores a career high of 23 goals in Minnesota, he will score 12 goals with the Kings.
This is why i see him as a Iafallo clone. I just don't see his upside to be 30+ goals especially being undersized.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, this is where we have different opinions.
If Fiala scores a career high of 23 goals in Minnesota, he will score 12 goals with the Kings.
This is why i see him as a Iafallo clone. I just don't see his upside to be 30+ goals especially being undersized.
Fiala was playing with either Victor Rask, Nick Bjugstad, or Ryan Hartman as his Center, and Marcus Johansson, who is now trash, on his other wing. It's not really possible for him to have worse linemates.

He is an electric player...really talented, and surprisingly strong and gritty for his size. Great balance and strong base, and really good in board battles, though i would really prefer that some grinders do that for him, as he has great skill and quickness and should be using them to score. His faults are that he tries to do too much at times, causing him to make overly ambitious passes. He also takes more penalties ...he hates to lose the puck and gets overaggressive in trying to get it back.

He has scored 23 g in 64 gp last year, and 20 this year in 50 gp(not injury- suspension). In a normal year that's over 30 goals per year. The only thing that stopped him from getting that number is Covid.

I would be surprised if he is traded for anything other than an elite C, or elite C prospect. That is not Kupari.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad