Seravalli: Kings starting to take calls on Iafallo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Iaffalo is a good player.

Hoping that guys like Kaliyev, Fagemo, Turcotte and even Madden have more upside offensively.

I can see Akil Thomas doing what Iaffalo does too.

I would like LA to keep AI but AAV is an issue. I still think he should be between 3.5-4 max.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
To the oilers for one of their d prospects that doesn't have a name starting with a b

There's a reason the Kings are often rumored so hard after Sandin and that's because we have a redundancy of middle-pairing/bottom-pairing projected type guys in the system. Hell on the roster you have Anderson/Bjornfot/Clague at LHD with Hults/Nousiainen in the system then at RHD Roy/Walker with Grans/Faber/Strand etc. as well. You may also remember the rumors about the Kings wanting a higher end dynamic LHD. Unless it's someone higher tier than those guys, it probably doesn't move the needle. Personally, I'm high on Samorukov, but I don't think he'd get it done from the Kings standpoint as where does he steal a spot?

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Iaffalo is a good player.

Hoping that guys like Kaliyev, Fagemo, Turcotte and even Madden have more upside offensively.

I can see Akil Thomas doing what Iaffalo does too.

I would like LA to keep AI but AAV is an issue. I still think he should be between 3.5-4 max.

Iafollo is projecting out for 20 goals. That's not bad. Plus he can do everything else, and generates chances. He's a smart player . The next class of rookie are years away from getting to his level.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Iafollo is projecting out for 20 goals. That's not bad. Plus he can do everything else, and generates chances. He's a smart player . The next class of rookie are years away from getting to his level.
Fagemo played in Sweden and the AHL, he’s not that far off. Kupari is ready for the jump. Turcotte has a year of college and now AHL. Kaliyev had an overage year and AHL. Lias Andersson is a point per game in the AHL. Got to play them sometime. I think training camp will be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Guitpik

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
There's a reason the Kings are often rumored so hard after Sandin and that's because we have a redundancy of middle-pairing/bottom-pairing projected type guys in the system. Hell on the roster you have Anderson/Bjornfot/Clague at LHD with Hults/Nousiainen in the system then at RHD Roy/Walker with Grans/Faber/Strand etc. as well. You may also remember the rumors about the Kings wanting a higher end dynamic LHD. Unless it's someone higher tier than those guys, it probably doesn't move the needle. Personally, I'm high on Samorukov, but I don't think he'd get it done from the Kings standpoint as where does he steal a spot?

Have there been any actual rumours? I haven't seen anything aside from Kings fans asking for him.

Personally I'd be stunned if Sandin was moved, I think Dubas views him as the teams top prospect. With Dermott a possible expansion draft target and Rielly coming up on free agency, I think he's the most vital prospect for plugging potential future holes as well.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Have there been any actual rumours? I haven't seen anything aside from Kings fans asking for him.

Personally I'd be stunned if Sandin was moved, I think Dubas views him as the teams top prospect. With Dermott a possible expansion draft target and Rielly coming up on free agency, I think he's the most vital prospect for plugging potential future holes as well.

Only the stuff from around the Muzzin trade and the continued smoke for a higher-end LHD, nothing newer that's specific. Just a target that makes sense and a communication line that's open.

I don't think TO would move him either, just thinking that's the SORT of ask

Reactions: TheDoldrums

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Of course they are getting calls on Alex, the kid is a coachs's dream. Disciplined all situational 200ft glue guy that never takes a night off. There is nothing wrong with his game if he plays his role. He is 1 of 3/4 players on the Kings that plays smart and actually has Hockey IQ. He replaced Justin Williams' regular season production on that top line. Wish we could of seen more of him in the playoffs, I remember he was one of the better Kings against the Vegas series.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
If Foligno is setting the market at a 1st + for Iafallo, and there's a buyer, he will be traded.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
If the Leafs moved Sandin for a UFA it eould cause riots in Leafs nation if we didnt win the cup. 0 chance he is moved for a 2nd line ufa winger for 11 games after quarantine. It’s a pipe dream.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
If the Leafs moved Sandin for a UFA it eould cause riots in Leafs nation if we didnt win the cup. 0 chance he is moved for a 2nd line ufa winger for 11 games after quarantine. It’s a pipe dream.

Where you reading anything linking Sandin? Leafs got their forward most likely yesterday. Depth d is where they likely focus

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Of course they are getting calls on Alex, the kid is a coachs's dream. Disciplined all situational 200ft glue guy that never takes a night off. There is nothing wrong with his game if he plays his role. He is 1 of 3/4 players on the Kings that plays smart and actually has Hockey IQ. He replaced Justin Williams' regular season production on that top line. Wish we could of seen more of him in the playoffs, I remember he was one of the better Kings against the Vegas series.

Sounds like a Carolina Hurricanes type of player.

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
With Carter gone it frees up a little more short term money where they could over pay for a 2-3 year contract. I am hoping he resigns but if he goes I wanna see a lefthanded defenseman come back even if hes a couple years from playing.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Iafallo is a nice, low-maintenance support player who would fit any team but I’d be worried as either a Kings fan or a team who may go all in for him via trade and then resign that he fits the profile of a guy who could land in “overpaid” zone if he gets $4+ million over a long-term 4 or 5 year deal. I think his raw offensive stats and big current ice time will contribute to him wanting a pretty hefty AAV and I’m not sure as he slides up and down a better line-up (elsewhere or a future LA line-up) that the optics of that will feel great.

Of course he could just be the new Hyman in which case he should get paid handsomely - then again Hyman himself is inline for a total overpayment long-term deal this summer.

Sounds like we will get to see just how much he wanted or how the Kings were willing to go soon enough if the contract talks are getting close.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
If we should sign him, the Carter deal probably made that possible. Looks like AEG is working with limited resources, AKA (internal CAP). As long as there is no NTC clause. Got to think he gets moved at some point down the line but right now we need him to stabilize this roster with good productive players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad