Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Christian Ehrhoff (1 year, $1.5M)

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
Saw today where TFP is stating the Kings have given him a full NMC. It's a one year deal but interesting if true.
But he also listed Quick as having a limited NTC and Lucic as having one as well. Once again Lucic is on the last year of a deal so the Kings might have agreed to keep his for him. But that is the first I had hear of Quick having anything of the sort. Even capgeek didn't have that listed and they had the best track record avail.
Based off how they have been of late don't exactly put much stock into it but here is the full article.
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/no_trade_list.html

Captain Mittens*

Saw today where TFP is stating the Kings have given him a full NMC. It's a one year deal but interesting if true.
But he also listed Quick as having a limited NTC and Lucic as having one as well. Once again Lucic is on the last year of a deal so the Kings might have agreed to keep his for him. But that is the first I had hear of Quick having anything of the sort. Even capgeek didn't have that listed and they had the best track record avail.
Based off how they have been of late don't exactly put much stock into it but here is the full article.

We should wait until a legitimate source confirms it before we jump on the jump to conclusions mat

331634958_387617c29f-300x225.jpg

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Pretty sure Quick doesn't have an NTC. DL doesn't give those to players anymore, at least that I'm aware of. It's one of the things I like most about him as GM.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

TFP;dr

We should wait until a legitimate source confirms it before we jump on the jump to conclusions mat

331634958_387617c29f-300x225.jpg

I think the majority of this board can only jump to the second row, and they tend to jump right.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
For a one year contract I'm not surprised and that makes sense for the player. He's already moving once to a team he likes, why would he move in the middle of the season and potentially a third time in the offseason? not a big deal if true.

And DL has been wonderful with NTC/NMCs. Go look at the mess on some other rosters.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I doubt DL gave him much of a NTC, if any. He's drawn a very firm line in the sand on that for the most part, I doubt he gives in for Christian Ehrhoff who likely went unsigned until this point for a reason. And at $1.5 million and a one year term, that reason isn't cash or term.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
For a one year contract I'm not surprised and that makes sense for the player. He's already moving once to a team he likes, why would he move in the middle of the season and potentially a third time in the offseason? not a big deal if true.

And DL has been wonderful with NTC/NMCs. Go look at the mess on some other rosters.

IMO Vancouver is the poster team for this. According to generalfanager.com 7 of their highest paid 8 forward contracts have some sort of NMC. Their highest paid 2 blueliners do as well as their Goalie.
They are screwed.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I doubt DL gave him much of a NTC, if any. He's drawn a very firm line in the sand on that for the most part, I doubt he gives in for Christian Ehrhoff who likely went unsigned until this point for a reason. And at $1.5 million and a one year term, that reason isn't cash or term.

I wold be ok with a limited NTC where he can veto 5 teams or something. As long as he doesn't have a NMC so that if he does suck he can be sent down and only have ~$600K count against the cap.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Dustin Brown is the only Kings player with a (Handshake) NTC/NMC.

That was reported by legit sources when the contract was signed.

It's a (handshake) agreement though, not anything on legal paper.

Ron*

Dustin Brown is the only Kings player with a (Handshake) NTC/NMC.

That was reported by legit sources when the contract was signed.

It's a (handshake) agreement though, not anything on legal paper.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...-8-year-46-million-extension/article13299315/

And fortunate to have a captain in Brown who wanted to sign a deal that takes him to the age of 37. The contract has a partial no-trade clause, according to Lombardi, who expressed no concern over it not working out.

http://spectorshockey.net/latest-on-the-stars-and-kings-may-30-2015/

Brown’s limited no-trade clause kicks in on July 1.

There is no such thing as a "handshake" no trade clause. It's got to be written into a contract. This isn't a deal between to farmers in the 19th Century.

In addition, the Kings acquired a modified and restricted NTC when they acquire Lucic, so they actually have two players now with limited/modified/restricted NTCs.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
There is no such thing as a "handshake" no trade clause. It's got to be written into a contract. This isn't a deal between to farmers in the 19th Century.

In addition, the Kings acquired a modified and restricted NTC when they acquire Lucic, so they actually have two players now with limited/modified/restricted NTCs.

Agreed on point one. On point 2 with regards to Lucic the Kings are under no obligation to honor that NTC. Once a player gets traded the acquiring team can disregard a NTC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad