Confirmed with Link: Kings Sign Adrian Kempe to ELC

bmr

Jan 23, 2013
Really starting to think about picking up a pair of season tickets for the Reign next year.

Me and my pops already bought a set of 4 for next year. Really excited for that. Only 10 minutes away from the Arena - lovin' the CBA! Staples isn't exactly the easiest place to deal with.

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
This year, Auger's stats were too good for a mere 3rd/4th liner.... :yo:

These are all hit and miss... Vey had better numbers in the ahl, along with shore but they barely crack the NHL lineups and play bottom 6 mins.

His game and size might translate to the NHL better than some smaller guys but I'm not holding my breath on him being anything other than a fringe bottom 6 player.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
I have my season tickets for the Narchs lined up for next year. $1200 (and change) bucks for a couple of great seats no matter what. I get to write them off as a bus expense too. Can't wait. I am near Temecula but it will be worth the drive.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
This year, Auger's stats were too good for a mere 3rd/4th liner.... :yo:

His stats were not good. He's also now going to be behind Zykov, Brodzinski, Kempe, and more better wingers with scoring touch. He will never be a top 6 winger in the NHL so he might want to start learning the bottom 6 grinder role now in the AHL.

Zykov--O'Brien--O'Neill
Mersch--Dowd--Brodzinski
Lowry--Kempe--Auger
Kitsyn--Crescenzi--Sabourin

Gravel--Miller
Lintuniemi--Ebert
Schultz--Leslie

Berube
Bartosak

:)

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
His stats were not good. He's also now going to be behind Zykov, Brodzinski, Kempe, and more better wingers with scoring touch. He will never be a top 6 winger in the NHL so he might want to start learning the bottom 6 grinder role now in the AHL.

Zykov--O'Brien--O'Neill
Mersch--Dowd--Brodzinski
Lowry--Kempe--Auger
Kitsyn--Crescenzi--Sabourin

Gravel--Miller
Lintuniemi--Ebert
Schultz--Leslie

Berube
Bartosak

:)

I say, for the ice time he was given, his stats WERE good......

Kitsyn - Prokhorkin - Zykov
Mersch - Kempe - Auger
Lowry - Dowd - Brodzinski

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Auger had a great season and performed above expectations. He's got very good puck possession skills and uses his size effectly to do so. Auger has NHL potential, he still needs to work to do, but his size and ability to create plays can get him there. Keep in mind he's a 20 year old rookie in first pro year. Those are good numbers. That first year is tough. Look at guys like Miller, Weal, and O'Neill. See what they did in thier first years compared to thier second and third. And Auger is right on pace with those guys. I'm not saying he's a guarantee to make the NHL. But if he can follow a similar development path as Weal and O'Neill, his 6'7" body will get him into the NHL quicker then those two.

417th

Pacifist Division
Feb 4, 2015
is merely a concept
Auger had a great season and performed above expectations. He's got very good puck possession skills and uses his size effectly to do so. Auger has NHL potential, he still needs to work to do, but his size and ability to create plays can get him there. Keep in mind he's a 20 year old rookie in first pro year. Those are good numbers. That first year is tough. Look at guys like Miller, Weal, and O'Neill. See what they did in thier first years compared to thier second and third. And Auger is right on pace with those guys. I'm not saying he's a guarantee to make the NHL. But if he can follow a similar development path as Weal and O'Neill, his 6'7" body will get him into the NHL quicker then those two.

I like you take as always. Thought I would add my opinion though I saw him much less then you did. I watched him play 14 X's throughout this season online and and he reminds me of a tougher Steckel. Good hands, reads the play well and has some nice heat to his game. You could see he was getting better throughout the season and by the end he was comfortable enough to start stretching out his skills a little bit. Not entirely like Steckel (DS had almost zero heat to his game) but a nice bottom 6 skillset so far. I could see him becoming another hard noses solid 3/4 liner in a couple of years if he keeps at it.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
28 points in 69 games is 3rd line production. And that's in the AHL, I doubt they increase once he reaches the NHL. Kid still has a long way to go.

Kyle Clifford had 6 goals and 9 assists for 15 points...and played very well this year
and was effective. You cannot judge him by how many points he scores. Auger had twice as many points than that. I only saw some clips of him, so cannot judge. He was not drafted to be a top 6 player. I am sure he has a long ways to go, but to do that n his first year in the AHL and be part of the best team n the AHL sunds good to me.

Back to Kempe, I think it's awesome that he will have a taste of the North American pro game, and probably getting playoff time, going into the off-season. If he spends the Summer here and trains hard, I expect him to be an impact player next year in Ontario and possibly get a shot to play with the Kings.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Kyle Clifford had 6 goals and 9 assists for 15 points...and played very well this year
and was effective. You cannot judge him by how many points he scores. Auger had twice as many points than that. I only saw some clips of him, so cannot judge. He was not drafted to be a top 6 player. I am sure he has a long ways to go, but to do that n his first year in the AHL and be part of the best team n the AHL sunds good to me.

Back to Kempe, I think it's awesome that he will have a taste of the North American pro game, and probably getting playoff time, going into the off-season. If he spends the Summer here and trains hard, I expect him to be an impact player next year in Ontario and possibly get a shot to play with the Kings.

Kings management has high praise for him. Futa said today that his skating is already elite. And I think Yannetti said he thinks he'll only spend a year in the AHL.

I have no expectations for him to do anything this season in Manchester. But I'm really excited to see him play this weekend.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
This would burn the 1st year of the 3 year deal. Deano likes to do this type of deal. I guess it is an incentive to get the prospect to sign on.

I don't know if this is true. Kempe first signed a contract just like the one Forbort signed his first stint with the Monarchs.

I believe the three year deal starts next season, but I could be wrong.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

Follow along with the thread. He said his production was to good for mere 3rd/4th line, I said 28 points in 69 games doesn't suggest that. Clifford is a 3rd/4th liner. I never said he was drafted to be a top 6 guy, I was saying he isn't one and doesn't look to be.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I've heard some compare Auger to Dwight King in that they're big bodies that can protect the puck. King's first AHL season: 52 games 26 points. Auger's: 69 games 26 points. Fairly comparable in that regard. But the thing is Dwight King basically doubled his point total in his second season so that's where the bar is set. Auger's had a very good rookie season considering he more or less managed to score at the same rate in the pros as he did in juniors, that is pretty remarkable, but the question is whether or not he will be able to continue that growth.

As for Kempe, he was talking to Expressen about his new contract and he seemed ecstatic about it. He got the maximum entry level deal (not counting bonuses, 900k iirc?) and said "it feels damn good" and that he thinks the Kings really believe in him and that he will do everything in his power to live up to that trust. He was also commenting on twitter after his first practice with the Monarchs saying that he's never skated so much in one practice session in his entire life.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
I have my season tickets for the Narchs lined up for next year. $1200 (and change) bucks for a couple of great seats no matter what. I get to write them off as a bus expense too. Can't wait. I am near Temecula but it will be worth the drive.

Where near? I'm in menifee

PJ Kings Hockey

Oct 15, 2013
As for Kempe, he was talking to Expressen about his new contract and he seemed ecstatic about it. He got the maximum entry level deal (not counting bonuses, 900k iirc?) and said "it feels damn good" and that he thinks the Kings really believe in him and that he will do everything in his power to live up to that trust. He was also commenting on twitter after his first practice with the Monarchs saying that he's never skated so much in one practice session in his entire life.

Thanks for the update. He sounds happy with the AHL so far and I like his attitude. I'm looking forward to listening to tonight's game.

As for where Adrian will fit in on the Kings, I'm expecting the 3rd line. If he can be solid defensively, heavy on the boards, and can pot goals in the double-digit range, I'll be happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00