Confirmed with Link: Kings Sign Adrian Kempe to ELC

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
The myth... The legend...

4044279754_750cc922aa_b.jpg

Are they scoring on Rask? :laugh:

But next years Ontario team is going to be awesome!

Kempe, Zykov, Brodzinski, Dowd, Lowry, O'Neill, Mersch, C. Miller, Ebert, Lintuniemi, Leslie, Gravel and maybe Kitsyn if he keeps it up.

That's a lot of talent. Looks like I'm going to be there more often :laugh:

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Really starting to think about picking up a pair of season tickets for the Reign next year.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
since the re-org of the AHL and the Monarchs headed out west, will this mean they will now be traveling and playing all the Western Conference?

i catch a few Chicago Wolves games here and there, but if it means ONT will now be playing the Wolves regularly i will be there everytime

i haven't seen any announcements yet about what the travel and schedule will be for the teams migrating west and teams possibly having to shift to the eastern conference

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
since the re-org of the AHL and the Monarchs headed out west, will this mean they will now be traveling and playing all the Western Conference?

i catch a few Chicago Wolves games here and there, but if it means ONT will now be playing the Wolves regularly i will be there everytime

i haven't seen any announcements yet about what the travel and schedule will be for the teams migrating west and teams possibly having to shift to the eastern conference

The AHL tends to seperate the east and the west much more than the NHL. So you can guarantee that the west Ontario will be a regular visitor of the also west Chicago Wolves. Likely 2-5 games a year of Ontario will be in Chicago.

Also Kempe is a great sign. This kid a freaking player. I had him at #9 in my draft rankings. He is going to be a solid player for both Ontario and Los Angeles.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I frequently visit San Diego for work, so I will also catch some Reign games down there. I bet they will play there at least 5 times during the season.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
OT but I still can't believe Bud walked away from a spot on the Kings to go to Europe.

Stoaked about Kempe. He and Zykov are my favorite prospects in the org. Can't wait to see what they do in Ontario.

Exactly what spot was that?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Kempe, Zykov, Brodzinski, Dowd, Lowry, O'Neill, Mersch, C. Miller, Ebert, Lintuniemi, Leslie, Gravel and maybe Kitsyn if he keeps it up.

Weal could still possibly be here too, although I believe he is waiver eligible this time so that might put the brakes on that. Kitsyn though....not too excited unless he gets smarter on the ice.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Exactly what spot was that?

The open spots Dwight King and Jordan Nolan took mid season. Before that we had guys like Ethan Moreau and Trent Hunter on the roster. Not to mention Dustin Penner was awful and Simon Gagne always injured. Scott Parse and Kevin Westgarth was hanging around too. Plenty of positions to be had that year. Worked out for the best in the end though.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012

You left out Prokhorkin and Auger........

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
The open spots Dwight King and Jordan Nolan took mid season. Before that we had guys like Ethan Moreau and Trent Hunter on the roster. Not to mention Dustin Penner was awful and Simon Gagne always injured. Scott Parse and Kevin Westgarth was hanging around too. Plenty of positions to be had that year. Worked out for the best in the end though.

In other words there was no "spot" for Holloway. Not even a sip.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
In other words there was no "spot" for Holloway. Not even a sip.

No, there was. DL I think even said he was pencilled in, pending how training camp looked. The issue I believe was he wanted a one-way deal and DL said no, so he bolted to Sweden.

Hunter and Moreau were both brought in after Holloway left. Holloway was pencilled into one of those 4th line spots they took.

Then in the spring, King and Nolan got called up by Sutter and the rest is history. But Holloway was the frontrunner for one of those spots at the time he elected to leave.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Weal could still possibly be here too, although I believe he is waiver eligible this time so that might put the brakes on that. Kitsyn though....not too excited unless he gets smarter on the ice.

Weal is waiver eligible next year so he'll either be on the Kings or traded away. He's to good to NOT be claimed. Kitsyn is actually finding his game again and getting his confidence back. He will have a good chance to make the team.

You left out Prokhorkin and Auger........

I left Prokhorkin out because I don't know if he will come over this year (I hope so). Plus I don't know if he will want to play in the AHL over the KHL.

Auger and Sabourin are like 3rd and 4th line guys that aren't exciting to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad