Also Per the Mayor
Weal accepted his qualifying offer

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Per Mr. John Hoven aka the Mayor
Shore is 2 years. first year is 2 way, 2nd is one way

Also Per the Mayor
Weal accepted his qualifying offer

2 way? Really? The Kings have the center depth to have Shore in the AHL next year?

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Weal has to pass thru waivers. I wouldn't pencil Shore in for the 3rd line center spot so easily yet...

Lucic/Kopitar/Gaborik
King/Carter/Toffoli
Pearson/Lewis/Brown
Clifford/Shore/Nolan
Andy/Weal

Muzzin/Doughty
Martinez/Greene
McNabb/McBain
Forbort

Quick/Enroth

That's 23... one guy will be demoted when Voynov comes back (assuming no other injuries)... Andy/McBain are probably first in line for demotions.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Lucic/Kopitar/Gaborik
King/Carter/Toffoli
Pearson/Lewis/Brown
Clifford/Shore/Nolan
Andy/Weal

Muzzin/Doughty
Martinez/Greene
McNabb/McBain
Forbort

Quick/Enroth

That's 23... one guy will be demoted when Voynov comes back (assuming no other injuries)... Andy/McBain are probably first in line for demotions.

My guess is it would be McBain. Teams often carry 7 D not 8

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
My guess is it would be McBain. Teams often carry 7 D not 8

This is true, but the Kings have carried 8 D in the recent past. Also I believe McBain is signed to a 2 way deal so he may be the patch until Voynov comes back.

What's sticking out to me with Brown in the line up, it almost forces Lewis to center.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
All 2 way deals do is save the team a little money. There is nothing else to them. And if the player makes under 950K a year nothing of the deal even counts against the cap.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Has Kopitar accepted my qualifying offer yet? :sarcasm:

No. Lombardi is probably working on a trade. :sarcasm:

All 2 way deals do is save the team a little money. There is nothing else to them. And if the player makes under 950K a year nothing of the deal even counts against the cap.

It just gives some insight that Lombardi feels there's a decent chance McBain/Andy (2way deals) could end up in the AHL by the end of the season. Other wise why bother.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
No. Lombardi is probably working on a trade. :sarcasm:

It just gives some insight that Lombardi feels there's a decent chance McBain/Andy (2way deals) could end up in the AHL by the end of the season. Other wise why bother.

It's more a bargaining tool. He might have given them a little more on the NHL side if the took the 2 way deal. And since the whole system is owned by AEG they are trying save money in one area if they need to do something. It also give incentive to the player to work harder. They get paid more if they stay with the big club. So it can also be a development tool for players that are on the cusp of really being ready.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Nice. I think that's 325k less then last year. Every penny counts.

I think Weal will have a similar cap hit as well.

Shore took a hit on his caphit likely in return for the one-way in year 2 and likely a high minor league salary on year 1.

Weal signed his QO. So whatever he was making before add 5/10% and you'll have the number for his AAV.

kingsholygrail

Insurmountable Leads 1-3
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
But I thought the Kings would have a hard time getting players signed after what happened to Richards. :sarcasm:

Pretty much as expected really. Now on to the big names that we have to get a contract to.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 12m12 minutes ago
Weal's AAV is 632.5, for those wondering.
--------------------------------------------------

Also, just for reference, Forbort's cap hit is $863,333.

Last edited:

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Lucic-Kopitar-Gaborik
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
King-Weal-Brown
Clifford-Lewis-Nolan
Andreoff

Muzzin-Doughty
Mcnabb-Martinez
Forbort-Greene
McBain

Quick
Enroth

Shore will start the year in the AHL like Toffoli n Pearson did following year. Weal has to pass through waivers and has skill and speed. I see him centering the 3rd line because his game is just not suited for the 4th line. He has lots of upside . King will do the board work and Brown will hit and shoot. Weal will dangle and setup.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Lucic-Kopitar-Gaborik
Pearson-Carter-Toffoli
King-Weal-Brown
Clifford-Lewis-Nolan
Andreoff

Muzzin-Doughty
Mcnabb-Martinez
Forbort-Greene
McBain

Quick
Enroth

Shore will start the year in the AHL like Toffoli n Pearson did following year. Weal has to pass through waivers and has skill and speed. I see him centering the 3rd line because his game is just not suited for the 4th line. He has lots of upside . King will do the board work and Brown will hit and shoot. Weal will dangle and setup.

That's only 22, their is an extra spot. Likely filled by Shore.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I think Shore does not have to clear waivers, at least initially until he would reach the number of Kings game requirement?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad