Prospect Info: Kings Select LW Valentin Zykov 37th Overall

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
LOL, did he just insinuate the kid is chubby?

I think he means that the kid is already decked out and there is still growth to be had. They can see him bulk up even more than he currently is. This kid is strong, was one of the top tier kids in strength at the combine.

This kid seems to have the attitude and tools to shine:

NHL Central Scouting’s Chris Bordeleau:
“He's an unbelievable talent; scores the big goals. He's going to be special. Great skater, strong kid. Really a solid kid. He goes into the corner and comes out with the puck. He has great hands, can shoot the puck, passes the puck, does everything well.”

Rockettrudel

Jun 21, 2010
My friend play for the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada in the same league of Zykov and he played againts Zykov a couple times and he told that guy is an absolute beast!! And my friend is a 1 point per game player in the league so take it like you want but he also said that sometime he was more dominant than Drouin et MacKinnon. Good Job for you pick guy i really wanted the habs pick him to play with galchenyuk but it didnt happen :(

Dave33

Jul 8, 2005
I was bored, so I looked up all 29 of the other reactions around the league to the pick and there was near zero negative comments surprisingly, but this thread was by far the funniest reaction (from page 1-6):

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1458127

LOL, that is one of the best things I've ever read on here. Page after page wanting him, then the trade up and the realization they won't get him, with the added bonus that he goes to the team that beat them last year. Awesome. Kind of neat that only one of their fans is a real ******** too, while for the rest it's just a normal rivalry type dislike.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
Gets damn good after post #78! I love the hate. Thanks for posting it, as it was VERY entertaining! The usual suspects...

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I was bored, so I looked up all 29 of the other reactions around the league to the pick and there was near zero negative comments surprisingly, but this thread was by far the funniest reaction (from page 1-6):

3v1f7g.jpg

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Crazy to think he didn't turn 18 until after the season ended.

Yes and scored 50 goals (40 reg season and 10 goals in playoffs) at 17, all while coming to a new country, playing a different style of hockey and adapting to a new lifestyle and language. Pretty amazing. He may end up being 6'3" and 225. And better conditioned than now for sure.

He has a great attitude, is determined, and says "I must improve everything'.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.

thanks dude ,made my night....if you keep reading they go from Lou being God like to WTF is he doing after the pick........and its he same group who talked so much crap after the signing lol

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013
When a team jumps up a draft like this to grab a guy they like he usually ends up pretty good. Like when SJ moved up to snag Couture. I would bet money this guy ends up a good player.

DocWest

Rock Bottom
Oct 21, 2010
Los Angeles

It was funny seeing how confused some of them got when we let them get Brodeur's kid. Even still, one hater still found a way to dump on our fans and team, lol.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Russ Cowan sp? Hockey prospects said this was the pick of the draft. Figures he will score 30 at the NHL level and said he is powerful, good skater and has to work on his defense

KingKopitar11*

Russ Cowan sp? Hockey prospects said this was the pick of the draft. Figures he will score 30 at the NHL level and said he is powerful, good skater and has to work on his defense

Who's he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad