Confirmed with Link: Kings Re-Sign Trevor "Stone Hands" Lewis

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
People forget shore is still young. Dowd is almost 3 years older than shore...and is still behind on the depth chart. I do have hope in dowd as he just showed a tad bit more fire than shore. Make no mistake thier offensive games were pretty close...

Shore needs to get more power on his shot.... This year is the one to show if his development stalled...but please remember he is still a kid.

I honestly wouldn't mind a 4th line of
Clifford-Dowd-Shore
It has grit, defensive responsibility, puck possession, and the ability to produce 25 goals.... Oh course it also doesn't hurt that they would be cheap/affordable

Thrice

To Be Everywhere...
Sep 27, 2007
I honestly wouldn't mind a 4th line of
Clifford-Dowd-Shore
It has grit, defensive responsibility, puck possession, and the ability to produce 25 goals.... Oh course it also doesn't hurt that they would be cheap/affordable

Huh? Clifford's career high is 7 goals. Last year he scored 3.
Shore has 4 career goals in 104 games played.
Dowd seems to have the best offensive instincts of the three but unless he's putting up 15, there's almost no chance that trio scores a combined 25.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Dowd seems to have the best offensive instincts of the three but unless he's putting up 15, there's almost no chance that trio scores a combined 25.

There isn't a fourth line in the entire NHL that can consistently hit 25 Goal production yearly.

Again, People have a warped sense of what bottom six players actually produce.

Last edited:

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I think 15-20 goals a year from a fourth line is reasonable.

No way is 25 happening with the likes of Clifford, Shore, Nolan etc.

itstheo54

Oct 1, 2008
Lol, well this is good bye HF boards.... the 4 full page adds i had to close just to type this comment is ludacris, I wont be frequenting anymore.

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
Lol, well this is good bye HF boards.... the 4 full page adds i had to close just to type this comment is ludacris, I wont be frequenting anymore.

******* Plus.....greatest invention since the zip tie.

<sorry.....didn't know that was against the rules>

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

My bad I was still think of King-Lewis-Brown, lol:laugh:
But I stick to what I described minus the goals that's more like 10-15

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
So I'm curious about Nick (Shore) vs. Nic (Dowd). Who's gonna be the 3rd line center come October? Trevor Lewis is versatile, but not gonna put up enough offense or win enough faceoffs. I'm expecting 30-40 points out of that role.

For those who have watched the two Nic(k)s in Manchester/Ontario, who is better fit to play 3C? Or are the Kings gonna have to trade for someone better?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
So I'm curious about Nick (Shore) vs. Nic (Dowd). Who's gonna be the 3rd line center come October? Trevor Lewis is versatile, but not gonna put up enough offense or win enough faceoffs. I'm expecting 30-40 points out of that role.

For those who have watched the two Nic(k)s in Manchester/Ontario, who is better fit to play 3C? Or are the Kings gonna have to trade for someone better?

Neither guy is going to net 30-40 points. Pearson just hit 36 points this last season.

Jul 31, 2005
CA

30-40 you're gonna have to make a trade. Most of the centers in free agency who put up points do not play the PK like Richards, Gagner or somebody like that. The guys who do put up points aren't gonna take no money and no minutes here in LA to sit behind Carter and Kopitar. Interesting to see what Lombardi does in the next few days, he has his work cut out for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad