Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
11/24 results:

Niagara lost 5-2, Thomas was scoreless and even.
Mississauga lost 3-2, Ingham stopped 31/34.
SSM beat Owen Sound 7-4, Villalta stopped 32/36. Dudas was scoreless and -2, Phillips was scoreless and -1.
Anderson-Dolan is still probably a month away.

11/25 games:

Saginaw @ Owen Sound (Dudas, Phillips)

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
That's matching Laine's production in that league. Very encouraging.

wow, that's awesome.
At the 2017 Hlinka-Gretzky Cup, Rasmus was #1 Finn is scoring, with 3 more pts than #3 overall Kotkaniemi.

31.png
Hlinka Gretzky Cup
1.Rasmus Kupari (C) 42570 |
2.Leevi Aaltonen (LW) 43250 |
3.Jesperi Kotkaniemi (C) 42246 |
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Oof

Oct 23, 2018
From what I've heard Kupari has really gained some confidence this season and it's payed off

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Prokhorkin would be a huge signing... I know some of us have given up on him or have been frustrated by his stay in Russia but that guy is a left top 9 player and we need those especially if he signs on the cheap by today’s standards

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Porky will do what he always does, Use the Kings as leverage to get his contract demands met from the KHL team of his choice.

Would be shocked if Porky signs with the Kings. Maybe Futa finally promised him a no AHL clause or something.

I truly think the horribad start this year and being 31st is the final straw we needed to change the course. On October 1, Luc, Blake and company thought the Kings
were Cup contenders. Now, everyone knows the Kings are not even far away from being contenders...and they now know the ridiculous mantra "as long as we have Quick, Doughty
and Kopitar, we are in the Cup window"....probably still heard that prior to October 1 and now we will never hear that again. So prior to October 1, was the old thinking for so many things.
One being, "no, we do not sign a Prokhorkin to a contract in which he cannot go to the AHL" ...or other philosophies they had. Being 31st for 22 games, changes everything and philosophy
now. In the Summer, it was add speed, play faster, blah blah. Now they know that is not the answer, or even a coaching change. They also now know Carter cannot be counted
on any more to score 30. He's done. Maybe 20 is possible They should also know that Toffoli will probably never score 30 again. Offense is dead last and they know it and must do something about it.
So they know they need to find 1 or more players that can score 30+ goals. So this means that they NOW take a real look at signing Prokhorkin for reals and others....do not know Kubalik's contract
situation. I think we are going to see them finally change their ways and hopefully as Futa says - find some top free agents out there.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Interesting to see some dialog with the kids oversees. It would be interesting to see Dergachyov and Porky to come to NA. I get the Groundhog Day analogy, but hopefully this time they actually sign.

Haven't heard anything about Shafigullin and the tournament he played against CHL players. No points in 24 KHL games doesn't get me excited.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Interesting to see some dialog with the kids oversees. It would be interesting to see Dergachyov and Porky to come to NA. I get the Groundhog Day analogy, but hopefully this time they actually sign.

Haven't heard anything about Shafigullin and the tournament he played against CHL players. No points in 24 KHL games doesn't get me excited.

Shafigullin scored a goal in the Canada-Russia series.

In the KHL he has had very little playing time when he hasn't been benched. He's averaging less than 7 minutes a game now.

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Shafigullin scored a goal in the Canada-Russia series.

In the KHL he has had very little playing time when he hasn't been benched. He's averaging less than 7 minutes a game now.

No idea why LA keeps going to the well in drafting these guys only for them to waste away in Russia. Seems counterproductive in developing your assets.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
11/28 results:

Owen Sound won 2-1, Phillips and Dudas were scoreless and +1.

11/29 results:

Niagara beat Owen Sound 6-1, Thomas had a Goal(10), 3 Assists(23) and +3. Dudas was scoreless and even, Phillips was scoreless and -2.
SSM lost 3-2, Villalta stopped 32/35.
Mississauga lost 4-2, Ingham stopped 36/40.

11/30 games:

Hamilton @ Mississauga (Ingham)
Niagara (Thomas) @ Kitchener

Last edited:
Reactions: KingTrouty

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
No idea why LA keeps going to the well in drafting these guys only for them to waste away in Russia. Seems counterproductive in developing your assets.
I personally wouldn't draft any Russian just for those reasons. Not because I dont like them and they're not talented but getting them here and developed is extremely hard. L.A. has terrible luck with Russians. Only 3 were decent and they all ended badly. Zhitnik, Frolov and Voynov. Kovalchuk is TBD.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Johan Södergran just scored for Lindköping. 6th goal of the season in SHL. He's playing on the 1st line.

sweet. 20 points now. 26 pim and plus 10 as well.

Liiga24812202610
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
To gain some perspective on it...the year Kopitar was drafted he played that year in Sweden in the SEL. He had 20 points in 47 games. Hard to say if the SEL is better than Liiga...HOWEVER, like what Kupari is doing. Kopitar's season in SEL after being drafted by Kings:
Södertälje SK 47 8 12 20 28 -12

EXACT SAME OFFENSIVE NUMBERS. 8 12 20. Kupari in 24 games...Kopi in 47 games. Twice as many games! The next year, Kopi had 20 goals 41 assists on the Kings.

Last edited:

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
12/1 results:

SSM won 7-4, Vlllalta stopped 29/33.
Owen Sound won 3-1, Dudas had an Assist(15) and even, Phillips had an Assist(8) and +1.

12/2 games:

SSM (Villalta) @ Flint
Niagara (Thomas) @ Hamilton
Mississauga (Ingham) @ Sudbury

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
12/2 results:

SSM won 5-3, Villalta stopped 25/28.
Niagara won 5-1, Thomas was scoreless and +1.
Mississauga lost 7-0, Ingham stopped 25/32.

12/5 games:

Flint @ SSM (Villalta)

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
JAD, Gabriel Vilardi, Markus Phillips and Matthew Villalta named to the Team Canada World Juniors camp. Very interesting to see JAD involved as I thought for sure he'd be out injured. I thought there would be a chance that Thomas might make the camp so that's disappointing. Extremely surprised that they invited Phillips.

Canada looking really good this year. I suspect other prospects like Michael Anderson and Kupari will make their rosters.
https://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada-announces-wjc-selection-camp-roster-1.1220060

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
JAD, Gabriel Vilardi, Markus Phillips and Matthew Villalta named to the Team Canada World Juniors camp. Very interesting to see JAD involved as I thought for sure he'd be out injured. I thought there would be a chance that Thomas might make the camp so that's disappointing. Extremely surprised that they invited Phillips.

Canada looking really good this year. I suspect other prospects like Michael Anderson and Kupari will make their rosters.
https://www.tsn.ca/hockey-canada-announces-wjc-selection-camp-roster-1.1220060
Any word on Sodergran or Bulat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad