Post-Game Talk: Kings @ Preds | 3-21-16 | Win! 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Well...you can argue the roster spot was given up. But yeah, I agree.
I get that he may have messed with team chemistry (maybe), but if you go back and re-watch Poile's press conference after acquiring Franson/Santo, he actually says the words "I believe Cody Franson is one of the better defensemen in the National Hockey League." Rads was high risk-high reward. Franson/Santorelli was just delusional failure in every way. And I'll admit I was excited when the trade happened.

codeman00

Apr 24, 2012
At least Rads was a good player and we didn't give up anything for him, he was just a complete dolt.

I can still see him playing lazy as hell and then slamming his stick over the crossbar after he turned the puck over and got scored on. And his press conference where every media question about the team and the city is answered about him personally wanting to play for the Stanley Cup. Ugh.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I was too. I never factored in the Jokinen glue for lack of a better word, and I thought Franson in particular would do well with his old neighbor Shea.

Live and learn! I was not unhappy on Trade Deadline Day this year.

For the record, though, I think Trotz over-reacted to AK and Rads. I think they were both decent acquisitions and a late dinner is not the same thing as hitting the town (which, itself, has probably happened before with no ill effects).

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
I was totally against this trade before it happened, and after it happened. said beforehand when Franson was a rumor that he was redundant here and so was Santorelli (never imagined either, much less both).

I thought the AK and Radulov deadline deals were good gambles, got blindsided by what a failure they would prove in the second round, but they were both admittedly 2 of the reasons we won the first round against DET. I can't criticize

I thought the Erat for Forsberg was a great gamble at the time.

The Gaustad for a first was an obvious overpayment at the time, but we needed a physical 4th line type centerman because we were so soft. The big contract afterwards was a bigger mistake.

I liked the Legwand for Jarnkrok gamble.

I thought the Sillinger deadline pickup was a worthwhile gamble, but again we overpaid (as you almost always do buying at deadline)

I liked the Witt deal, thinking we needed the defense size and PK improvement, thought the 1st was a mighty high price though.

I was one of the few that thought that the Ronning for Kharaloti deal was a worthwhile gamble even though I really liked Ronning. But he was at the end of his career (scored 11 more goals before retiring, and Kharaloti gave us our first really physical d-man chance. It didn't work, but it was a gamble worth taking.

So all in all I'm not overly displeased with Poile at the deadline even though a few have failed miserably

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad