Post-Game Talk: Kings @ Preds | 3-21-16 | Win! 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
73-1.png

NASHVILLE Projected Line-Up
(based on NashvillePredators.com Game Day Page)
FORWARDS
LEFT WING
|
CENTER
|
RIGHT WING
19 - Calle Jarnkrok
|
92 - Ryan Johansen
|
18 - James Neal (A)
9 - Filip Forsberg
|
63 - Mike Ribeiro
|
15 - Craig Smith
33 - Colin Wilson
|
12 - Mike Fisher (A)
|
38 - Viktor Arvidsson
24 - Eric Nystrom
|
10 - Colton Sissons
|
20 - Miikka Salomaki

DEFENSE
LEFT
|
RIGHT
59 - Roman Josi
|
6 - Shea Weber (C)
14 - Mattias Ekholm
|
4 - Ryan Ellis
5 - Barret Jackman
|
8 - Petter Granberg

GOALIES
STARTING
|
BACK-UP
35 - Pekka Rinne
|
30 - Carter Hutton

SCRATCHES/INJURIES
|
|
51 - Austin Watson
|
28 - Paul Gaustad (Injured)
|
2 - Anthony Bitetto (Injured)
57 - Gabriel Bourque (IR) (Injured)
|
|

Playoff Race
(Courtesy of @Dave_Stubbs) - (Click for larger version)

Last edited:

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Sweeet GDT. Statement game tonight, boys. I'm expecting a 6-point week, nothing less. Tight game ahead tonight but the other two games should be easy.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Don't feel good about this one and I expect to see examples of why I don't want the Kings in the playoffs anymore.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
2 points. No injuries. FOCUS. Do good work. Play SMART. Protect your goaltender.

Go Preds!

There might be cake.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Maybe I'm crazy, but I wouldn't mind an OT loss here. Gives LA the tie for the lead in the West with one less game played than DAL; would make it LA vs COL and DAL vs. NSH in the first round. Regardless, won't be upset with a W; go Perds!

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Maybe I'm crazy, but I wouldn't mind an OT loss here. Gives LA the tie for the lead in the West with one less game played than DAL; would make it LA vs COL and DAL vs. NSH in the first round. Regardless, won't be upset with a W; go Perds!

Not tonight. We have lost too much of our lead on WC2.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Only good thing is that Ny took Watson's place and I think that's pretty much a wash between those two. As long as 24 doesn't play PK I'm not too worried. 24 can score some goals, Watson can't but Watson can hit Nystrom can't. Neither are good at defending.

I wish Bourque was back.

I really think we need a win tonight as it would be a huge confidence boost but I think Quick will stop us tonight.

Kings 3
Preds 1

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Only good thing is that Ny took Watson's place and I think that's pretty much a wash between those two. As long as 24 doesn't play PK I'm not too worried. 24 can score some goals, Watson can't but Watson can hit Nystrom can't. Neither are good at defending.

I wish Bourque was back.

I really think we need a win tonight as it would be a huge confidence boost but I think Quick will stop us tonight.

Kings 3
Preds 1

Nystrom is 2,000,000 times worse. Nystrom has to be the worst in the league for this.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
If we play LA in the playoffs, I'd prefer for them not to know they're 3-0 against us and we're 0-3 against them.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
We are catching them at a good time here. They're in the middle of a rough stretch schedule wise, so I wouldn't be too surprised if we do win tonight.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I may eventually wind up being proven wrong, but I still think the Kings are getting a little too much love, not just on here, but nationally. I get they have the playoff success in the bank, but I just don't think they are as good now as their last Cup team. And again, the only reason they have a better record than us this season is because they are great at 3 on 3 and we are awful. And that means nothing come playoff time.

Don't get me wrong they are a good team- but its not a case of a game we have no chance to win tonight........

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I may eventually wind up being proven wrong, but I still think the Kings are getting a little too much love, not just on here, but nationally. I get they have the playoff success in the bank, but I just don't think they are as good now as their last Cup team. And again, the only reason they have a better record than us this season is because they are great at 3 on 3 and we are awful. And that means nothing come playoff time.

Don't get me wrong they are a good team- but its not a case of a game we have no chance to win tonight........

And yet they are a physical, defensive team who is 2-0 against us this season and going for the sweep tonight. Granted there is some OT play there, but still.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
And yet they are a physical, defensive team who is 2-0 against us this season and going for the sweep tonight. Granted there is some OT play there, but still.

Which is exactly my point. Both games were OT losses, and we arguably were the better team in regulation play in both of them- we outshot them in both.

Again, I know they are a quality team and might very well win another Cup. I just think some people are getting a little carried away. Its not like they are head and shoulders above any of the other contenders, including us.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Which is exactly my point. Both games were OT losses, and we arguably were the better team in regulation play in both of them- we outshot them in both.

Again, I know they are a quality team and might very well win another Cup. I just think some people are getting a little carried away. Its not like they are head and shoulders above any of the other contenders, including us.

If you are using "outshot" as we were better than them, that's not a good measure. You can fire a puck in at the net from the far perimeter and it counts as a shot, yet it had a extremely low percentage of actually going in. The fact of the matter is we went to OT, which means we were equal in regulation. We may have had more attempts but they were better defensively, otherwise these "More shots" would have gone in and we would have won in regulation.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
If you are using "outshot" as we were better than them, that's not a good measure. You can fire a puck in at the net from the far perimeter and it counts as a shot, yet it had a extremely low percentage of actually going in. The fact of the matter is we went to OT, which means we were equal in regulation. We may have had more attempts but they were better defensively, otherwise these "More shots" would have gone in and we would have won in regulation.

I saw one in person and watched every minute of the other one. At worst, the two games were equal, but you could easily say we were the better team in both of those games- and not because of the shots on goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad