Rumor: Kings Not done...Exploring the Market for Toffoli

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I think Puljujarvi would be a nice piece to get and don't see the Kings getting much more for Toffoli. He's inconsistent and a UFA in a year...

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
And lots of teams will be looking for a pure sniper like him that they can have for 2 playoffs. It'll take more than bust Strome and Poopparty.

Possibly but I don't think Toffoli is going to get more than a 1st and avg. prospect. I'd rather have Puljujarvi than say a 21st overall.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
You could always trade Carter for assets and sign a placeholder.

That's what I proposed. You can't sign a placeholder in the middle of the season, though, which is why I suggested that the offseason would be earliest to trade Carter.

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Yes. Blow it up. I would love nothing more than the Kings to be a mediocre basement team for at least the next decade and a half.
You dont need to wish the Kings to be mediocre to win a SC,you need your team to stop choking.But I thank the Sharks for a memorable 2014 playoffs tho:laugh:

Reactions: King Trouty

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Dude you're all over the place. You've quoted me 3 different times and have given me different responses none of which are correct. Like Jesus Christ do some math. How in the world can 4 players cost near 50 million when only two are making over 10? Its actually $32 million for 16 players because Tavres is included in the $37.5 million.

Let's recap, shall we?

thethirdhockeyman91 said:
Any chance of a massive deal with doughty going to leafs for Nylander +?

Muffin said:
Leafs can't afford to pay Nylander 7M and you want them to take on a 11M contract?

- The $11 million contract in question is Doughty's.

Typical savage said:

Where does this bs come from? They could pay Nylander 7m if he was worth it, they just aren't stupid like Chiarelli and Botteril.

FerrisRox said:
Where does it come from? Basic math?

Typical savage said:
Lets say Matthews gets 11, Marner 8.5 and Nylander 7. Thats $37.5m for 4 of them in a rising cap. In comparison, Pit spent $32.5m on Crosby, Malkin, Kessel and Letang with a lower cap and still managed to win. Its nowhere near impossible like everyone makes it seem. People just have to find a flaw so they bandwagon on any option they can. For example, the Leafs having a terrible defence which is blatantly false.

- So $11 million (Matthews) + $8.5 million (Marner) + $7 million (Nylander) + the theoretical $11 million addition from trading for Doughty = $37.5 million

I posted that there are other big contracts on the Leafs, trying to make the point that they aren't in as simple a place as the Penguins to withstand a top-heavy salary structure. The biggest of these, NOT included in the original 4 contracts, is Tavares ($11 million). 5 players - Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Doughty, and Tavares - making $48.5 million, in the original proposal that Doughty becomes a Leaf.

etc., etc., etc.

I have no clue how your post popped up as a quote in a post I made on the Flyers board on a completely different topic. Weird.

Have a pleasant rest of the evening.

Primakov!

Dec 9, 2003
Yesteryear
Long time, no see, Primakov. You should post more often, especially if you're going to say things that I agree with. Also, as someone who's used the same user name for 20 years, I appreciate that you're still using a user name derived from a commercial that hasn't been on TV in 15 years and that hardly anyone nowadays would get the reference to. Respect!

Your kind words are much appreciated. Work, unfortunately gets in the way of my hobbies these days, but I will try. :)

I actually went back and forth in choosing a user name with "Francois Dupuy" being an option from yet another old commercial.

"Face de boeuf!"

Primadonnakov!

"Hey, does anyone know the Russian word for loser? It's PRIMAKOV!"

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
For Edmonton, how about:

Russel or Sekera, Edmonton 2019 1st, Puljujarvi, Kassian, Benson and Strome

for

Hagelin, Toffoli and Martinez and Clifford.

Oilers main adds are Toffoli and Martinez, but also bring over a speedy UFA LW who can play with McDavid or Draisaitl, and a bottom 6 guy to replace Kassian.

Kings add two young offensive prospects (wingers), a young 3C, and a 1st round pick. Kassian is expiring cap, and Russel or Sekera are a cap dump to make it all work.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
For Edmonton, how about:

Russel or Sekera, Edmonton 2019 1st, Puljujarvi, Kassian, Benson and Strome

for

Hagelin, Toffoli and Martinez and Clifford.

Oilers main adds are Toffoli and Martinez, but also bring over a speedy UFA LW who can play with McDavid or Draisaitl, and a bottom 6 guy to replace Kassian.

Kings add two young offensive prospects (wingers), a young 3C, and a 1st round pick. Kassian is expiring cap, and Russel or Sekera are a cap dump to make it all work.
Only if you throw in Lucic.

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
i concur THEY have bigger upside
Until they win something, anything, that statement is a hope or at best an opinion. But it’s not a fact. Individuals who have no cups do not earn a higher billing because someone say they do. Show the cups, let’s see if the team can in fact walk on water before we stand them on high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad