News Article: Kings moving Nolan?

took420s

Jul 15, 2005
Monterey
He had a GREAT season last year up until the allstar break, then he just stopped being a factor and hasn't been one since. I mean before that he was destroying people with huge body checks and flying on the ice. Dunno what happened to the guy.

I remember the big hits to start the season, but also remember at least one suspension and then it seemed he had a target on him by the refs...possibly that caused some hesitation/uncertainty which just leads to loss of confidence. Brown had a similar stretch.

Will always love the guy for his help in the 2012 run and unless it's part of a package doubt we can get much for him but I agree if he's not going to be used here I'm sure dean will do him a solid and find him a new home.

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
sorry but our D is bad...

I'm gonna disagree... Our goals against is 7th in the league. PK is 11th. It could be better. We're just not as elite as the past few years. We're more so hitting middle of the road right now.....

7th in GAA when we've played most of the season without VV, had Regehr and A-Mart injured, had a rookie in McNabb in the line up and even played one game with just five defensemen is pretty damn good. Two-thirds of the league would swap defenses with us in an instant, maybe more.

I have to 3rd these opinions - our D is more than solid, just not ridiculous like it was before

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
The Bruins may of been one of the teams calling Deano.

"Peter Chiarelli said "heaviness" is area he'd like to augment on B's during the season in terms of size, strength on the puck & puck battles."

"In yesterday’s mailbag, Haggerty suggested Columbus forward Nick Foligno (210 pounds) as a potential target for Chiarelli."

"We’ll suggest another one, courtesy TSN’s Bob McKenzie — Jordan Nolan (221 pounds) of the Los Angeles Kings."

What is of interest from Boston coming our way? I'd love to get injured Defenseman McQuaid, but he is out another 6 weeks or so. But he is someone we could use down the line.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...-the-bruins-would-like-to-add-some-heaviness/

Last edited:

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Sometimes I think we forget just how good we've had it with defencemen over the last few years. Just an embarrassment of riches have come and gone here. We have gone from supreme to above-average, hence the occasional sting. Its really interesting to see the team adapt and evolve like it has.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

"Peter Chiarelli said "heaviness" is area he'd like to augment on B's during the season in terms of size, strength on the puck & puck battles."

"In yesterday’s mailbag, Haggerty suggested Columbus forward Nick Foligno (210 pounds) as a potential target for Chiarelli."

"We’ll suggest another one, courtesy TSN’s Bob McKenzie — Jordan Nolan (221 pounds) of the Los Angeles Kings."

What is of interest from Boston coming our way? I'd love to get injured Defenseman McQuaid, but he is out another 6 weeks or so. But he is someone we could use down the line.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...-the-bruins-would-like-to-add-some-heaviness/

Matt Bartkowski would make sense as a target IMO, without having dug into his contract, etc.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
But can McQauid play hockey on the 2nd pairing on a team with championship aspirations?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I think given their make up and direction, the Islanders would be a good fit for Nolan

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I don't know if the Kings give up on Nolan so soon. He seems to be a good 13th forward. Andreoff is the 14th forward, which sucks for a young guy, because he will rarely play but Nolan is the type of guy that is suited for that role. He's not a 18-22 year old anymore, he's not a goal scorer...sitting him won't hurt his development and he is familiar with the system and team.

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
But can McQauid play hockey on the 2nd pairing on a team with championship aspirations?

McQuaid is a right shot 3rd pairing Dman. Greener currently holds down that role, but McQuaid would be great insurance if needed. If he were to be acquired, he would probably be a rental, as he becomes a UFA at seasons end.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

I think it would be better for a Nolan and Miller swap. He's signed for 2 years very cheap, RHD that's a hometown guy, and is a young Greene type player. McQuaid is an UFA at years end and is going to want more money than Nolan and Miller combined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad