News Article: Kings moving Nolan?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I would be interested in Sekera from Carolina, if the Kings are looking to add on defense, but Regehr would have to be the odd man out IMO for that to happen. Right now when Martinez gets back the Kings will have:

Muzzin - Doughty
Regehr - Martinez
McNabb - Greene

McBain

I think Dean will see how that plays out for a while before making any deals.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
So sad that Nolan was such an integral part of the 2012 cup run and now he is a healthy scratch.

He had a GREAT season last year up until the allstar break, then he just stopped being a factor and hasn't been one since. I mean before that he was destroying people with huge body checks and flying on the ice. Dunno what happened to the guy.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
So sad that Nolan was such an integral part of the 2012 cup run and now he is a healthy scratch.

I actually like it. It shows how damn deep we are.

Nolan's still just as good of a player, but we are so deep there's simply no room at the inn. Same issue with Vey, likely to be the same with at least one of Shore and Weal and in a few years we'll have the same problem on the blueline, especially if Voynov is back in the picture.

It's good to be King.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I'm gonna disagree... Our goals against is 7th in the league. PK is 11th. It could be better. We're just not as elite as the past few years. We're more so hitting middle of the road right now.....

7th in GAA when we've played most of the season without VV, had Regehr and A-Mart injured, had a rookie in McNabb in the line up and even played one game with just five defensemen is pretty damn good. Two-thirds of the league would swap defenses with us in an instant, maybe more.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Would John Moore be a solid basis for a deal? 3LD who is 24 so they are similar ages. The Rangers have McDonagh and Staal on the left side, so its a similar situation for him. The Rangers need some size and physicality on the 4th line. Can Nolan PK? I don't remember from when I have seen him.

Maybe:

J Moore for Nolan + pick (considering d-men play more minutes than forwards?)

The reason I mention this is that the Rangers seem to be concentrating heavily on bringing in veteran d-men (Kaberle and Tallinder) in order to find another depth d-man. Hunwick has been very good in AV's system.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Hunwick-Klein
Moore
Tallinder/vet
Kostka

Seems like there could be a basis for a deal here. Opposite conferences.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Moore seems to be proving himself a bit of a dirty player. Been suspended a few times now for questionable hits targeting the head. Not sure I'd be to interested in him.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
This is just my opinion but he is no where close to a dirty player.

Both target the head, both led to suspensions.

Maybe he's not dirty, maybe these are two isolated incidents, but to me I'd challange your claim he's no where close to a dirty player. Those hits were dirty.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

Both target the head, both led to suspensions.

Maybe he's not dirty, maybe these are two isolated incidents, but to me I'd challange your claim he's no where close to a dirty player. Those hits were dirty.

Considering I watch him on a regular basis, I can tel you those are pretty isolated incidents.

If you do more research into the Haula hit, he hits the shoulder, not the head.

Mike Richards has his fair share of these too.

kingsfan

Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Considering I watch him on a regular basis, I can tel you those are pretty isolated incidents.

If you do more research into the Haula hit, he hits the shoulder, not the head.

Mike Richards has his fair share of these too.

And at one time Richards was considered somewhat dirty by some. When he played with an edge he could be.

And I've looked into the Haula hit, so did the NHL. There's a reason he got five games for that hit.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=736702

Even the headline says hit to the head.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
If we hadn't already brought in McNabb, Moore for Nolan would seem like a decent idea. But I think we'd be looking for someone a little more seasoned for a larger role. In our current situation Moore and McNabb, while not playing an identical brand of game, would be in competition for 6/7. We've got tons of that already.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
DL condfided with you with this info? Gosh, wish I had an inner souce like that.

If he was a useful player , he would be in the lineup. Nolan can't help the Kings cause his game fell apart.

Doesn't mean he can't rebound or help some other team.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
You can't put too much stock in Myers' effort in Buffalo. He's played on a team going nowhere almost his entire time there. That's like saying no to Stoll and Greene because they were "bad" on the Oilers. Everyone's bad/overrated/overpaid in Buffalo.

Myers fits because he's a defenseman that the Kings are sorely in need of (quantity =/= quality). Ship Nolan and another defenseman out Buffalo's way, work out a trade deal on salary and the Kings could find room (if they are indeed looking at Myers (or any defense help, which is all the Kings should be looking at).

I disagree on just about every point you made. That's a first. Effort is effort no matter where you are. He has not showed signs of attempting to improve his craft. he doesn't show effort in the game. His arrow has been pointing down while his salary has gone up.

Greene was not great but you saw signs of him being good prior to his trade. He's also was a high character guy. Stoll played like he had fire in his skates and kept good shape. Myers has been called out by the media for his character flaws and has lack of effort. He has not suited up on several occasions.

No thanks.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Would John Moore be a solid basis for a deal? 3LD who is 24 so they are similar ages. The Rangers have McDonagh and Staal on the left side, so its a similar situation for him. The Rangers need some size and physicality on the 4th line. Can Nolan PK? I don't remember from when I have seen him.

Maybe:

J Moore for Nolan + pick (considering d-men play more minutes than forwards?)

The reason I mention this is that the Rangers seem to be concentrating heavily on bringing in veteran d-men (Kaberle and Tallinder) in order to find another depth d-man. Hunwick has been very good in AV's system.

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Hunwick-Klein
Moore
Tallinder/vet
Kostka

Seems like there could be a basis for a deal here. Opposite conferences.

Any chance of Nolan + for Staal ?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
He makes just under $4 mill and is a UFA after the season. That's good or bad, depending what you want in a D-man you bring in.

I think Staal would be a perfect number 4 for us Alec was playing well in the 3 slot before he got injuried. Rotating McNabb Greene and Regher would be a good bottom pairing. I may be a bit biase due to the fact Staal is a home town boy but I think he would fit in our style well. Of course it goes without saying Dean would talk to his agent like he did with Gaborik to see if the resign is likely or not.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I don't see how McNabb could see the bench. His game is trending up every game. He is following the Muzzin path.

Yup, if there has been a bright spot in this whole Voynov mess, it's that McNabb's development has been accelerated, and that he is handling the extra games and minutes that he would not have seen otherwise.

For me, if the Kings are looking to upgrade the defense the odd man out is Regehr.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad