News Article: Kings moving Nolan?

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Article which cues Bob McKenzie's info on the Kings getting calls on Jordan Nolan...

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/25/report-kings-receiving-interest-in-nolan/

There were some other articles that spoke to an Eastern COnf team in general and a couple who cited the Sabres and that possibly Nolan , a top prospect and a high draft pick might net Myers. But I can't see that , doesn't seem like e DL move.
Although I understand from articles /podcasts etc, over the last month or so that DL wants a top 4 D and is looking. Buffalo is one of the few teams that could afford to lose a guy like that (Myers) because they are building for the future and would get a good returnin that direction.

McNabb has been playing better as he gets more minutes and once AMart comes back, that will help (although Greene's play is a concern) If DL is going to make a move, I don't see it before that All Star break or trade deadline. Historically,for the most part, he doesn't make moves until the 2nd half of the season, but stranger thngs have happened.

no name

Nov 28, 2002
Tornado Alley
Visit site
I greatly dislike Myers. I believe he is still living off a billing. Not much effort. If is was just slow development that's fine, but he doesn't seem to try. On top of that, his laziness makes him compensate with terrible penalties.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I like meyers a lot as a second pairing guy who has the ability to play top minutes if needed.
In Buffalo he is being asked ot be the main guy on the backend. Put him in a place where he isn't and he will look like a stud again

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Myers doesn't make sense.

A) he makes too much money. 5.5 a year. So it would have to be Nolan + another roster player.

B) That would give the Kings 8 defenseman when Martinez returns not counting Voynov unless a defenseman is going back in return. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense from the Sabres standpoint. (Martinez, Muzzin, McNabb, McBain, Greene, Doughty, Regehr, Myers)

cheap77

Go Kings!
Mar 19, 2011
I greatly dislike Myers. I believe he is still living off a billing. Not much effort. If is was just slow development that's fine, but he doesn't seem to try. On top of that, his laziness makes him compensate with terrible penalties.

I have to agree. I don't want him on LA.

TonySCV

Golden
Mar 2, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
You can't put too much stock in Myers' effort in Buffalo. He's played on a team going nowhere almost his entire time there. That's like saying no to Stoll and Greene because they were "bad" on the Oilers. Everyone's bad/overrated/overpaid in Buffalo.

Myers fits because he's a defenseman that the Kings are sorely in need of (quantity =/= quality). Ship Nolan and another defenseman out Buffalo's way, work out a trade deal on salary and the Kings could find room (if they are indeed looking at Myers (or any defense help, which is all the Kings should be looking at).

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
I seriously doubt Lombardi makes any significant move for a defenseman until the Voynov situation shakes out unless the team really goes south after Martinez returns. I'm comfortable with Doughty-Muzzin-Martinez-Regehr-Greene-McNabb with Schultz as the 7th and ability to call up a kid D from Manchester. Hell, even McBain is playing pretty decently right now.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
They should go on and trade Nolan, he hasn't been that good for a couple of years. And they can call up Sabourin to replace Nolan. There's some other guys the kings should think about moving also, like Brown, Stoll, and Greene. Then they could try to resign Martinez, Williams, Regehr, and use him on the 3rd pair. Regehr's a better defensemen than Greene, even if's he's older.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can see why other teams would be high on Nolan as it looks like there's some untapped offensive upside and he's a fighter and tough dude that can take a regular shift and has been in the kings system. That said, he's not returning much alone, and we don't get a lot by trading him.

Can't understand why people would be low on Myers though. Buffalo is going to get a killing for him and they're smart to sit on him for now, so he probably wouldn't be worth what it would cost to get him, but I would LOVE to see what he could do in a 2nd pairing role after some time with our development staff.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I can see why other teams would be high on Nolan as it looks like there's some untapped offensive upside and he's a fighter and tough dude that can take a regular shift and has been in the kings system. That said, he's not returning much alone, and we don't get a lot by trading him.

Can't understand why people would be low on Myers though. Buffalo is going to get a killing for him and they're smart to sit on him for now, so he probably wouldn't be worth what it would cost to get him, but I would LOVE to see what he could do in a 2nd pairing role after some time with our development staff.[/QUOTE]

This

I think Myers was rushed , put in a position too young on the Sabres and after a great start, that pressure to succeed too young and not with the support arount him. He should have had time in the minors for a couple years. With a coaching staff like the Kings have and the talent and leadership in place on the team, he'd benefit greatly.

Nashville Transplant

Feb 28, 2013
Nash/LA
One Buffalo reclamation project (McNabb) is enough right now. It's hard to unteach the seemingly unteachable... I'm all for trading Nolan at some point but his value is very low. Hell, Colin Fraser couldn't even get an NHL job...

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
You can't put too much stock in Myers' effort in Buffalo. He's played on a team going nowhere almost his entire time there. That's like saying no to Stoll and Greene because they were "bad" on the Oilers. Everyone's bad/overrated/overpaid in Buffalo.

Myers fits because he's a defenseman that the Kings are sorely in need of (quantity =/= quality). Ship Nolan and another defenseman out Buffalo's way, work out a trade deal on salary and the Kings could find room (if they are indeed looking at Myers (or any defense help, which is all the Kings should be looking at).

Negative....

Stoll was actually one of EDM best Centers, he had a career year there(68 points).

Greene was breaking into the league, had understandable growing pains.

Use different comparisons. Stoll and Greene were quality players that Lombardi fleeced EDM for.

Myers is a guy that couldn't find his game if someone handed it too him. Also why would the Kings want a player that doesn't put fourth effort ?

Especially one that costs 5.5 million.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Can't understand why people would be low on Myers though. Buffalo is going to get a killing for him and they're smart to sit on him for now, so he probably wouldn't be worth what it would cost to get him, but I would LOVE to see what he could do in a 2nd pairing role after some time with our development staff.[/QUOTE]

This

I think Myers was rushed , put in a position too young on the Sabres and after a great start, that pressure to succeed too young and not with the support arount him. He should have had time in the minors for a couple years. With a coaching staff like the Kings have and the talent and leadership in place on the team, he'd benefit greatly.

The AHL is where you develop players....Myers foundation is ruined. The Kings are not fixing that.

taz346

Jan 8, 2008
Not there, but here
Well, DL has a past habit of sending players where they'd prefer to be traded to. In Nolans' case, I'm sure if he had a choice, he'd pick Sabres to play for his Dad. I expect a trade one of these days. Perhaps that's why Jordie has been sitting these games out. Wouldn't want to risk having him get hurt, when his trade is being considered.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Well, DL has a past habit of sending players where they'd prefer to be traded to. In Nolans' case, I'm sure if he had a choice, he'd pick Sabres to play for his Dad. I expect a trade one of these days. Perhaps that's why Jordie has been sitting these games out. Wouldn't want to risk having him get hurt, when his trade is being considered.

Nolan is sitting, cause he can't play a regular shift anymore. The guy's game has vanished.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad