News Article: Kings make second round of cuts from training camp

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Whoops, grammatical error as I did intend to say drafting beyond the first round has uncovered a lot of gems for the organization.

I think another big challenge for hockey ops will be Kempe next season. I don't think he'll play in the AHL.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
That may be their reputation, but Shore needs some work against stronger players. In his three full games, his FO% was 33, 39 and 25% respectively.

Dowd was 43 and 45% respectively.

Small sample size, but an indication where they may be actually at this point and time.

Meaningless,

Track record is what you look at, Shore has always been a face-off beast. He handles himself against Men in the AHL, nightly above 50-55%.

That would be like saying Stoll needs to work on his face-off's cause he had three nights in a row of below 40%.

Being good at Draws was just one of the reasons the Kings drafted Shore to begin with. I watched about 30 Monarch games last year live, Shore rarely lost a draw.

Now, that doesn't mean he won't/could stink it up in the NHL on Draws. But I believe Face-offs are a skill you just can't teach (like Hockey IQ). Either the player has it, or he doesn't. Shore should be excellent in the Circle once he hits a full NHL season.

Last edited:

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Meaningless,

Track record is what you look at, Shore has always been a face-off beast. He handles himself against Men in the AHL, nightly above 50-55%.

That would be like saying Stoll needs to work on his face-off's cause he had three nights in a row of below 40%.

Being good at Draws was just one of the reasons the Kings drafted Shore to begin with. I watched about 30 Monarch games last year live, Shore rarely lost a draw.

Now, that doesn't mean he won't/could stink it up in the NHL on Draws. But I believe Face-offs are a skill you just can't teach (like Hockey IQ). Either the player has it, or he doesn't. Shore should be excellent in the Circle once he hits a full NHL season.

Inside the bubble of a pure rookie trying to crack a Stanley Cup line up, it is not meaningless.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Too bad Weal will probably be sent down. Kid has looked great.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad