Dreger: Kings looking for a young dynamic LHD

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Something around Brannstrom for Vilardi/Turcotte/Byfield, even it out with picks

You have to assume Sens will likely finish in the bottom 5 thus will likely draft one of those 5-6 LHD who are scheduled to be drafted in the top-10 in the 2021 NHL draft *coughHughescough*

Maybe I'm underrating him, but I would hope the Kings can do better than Brannstrom for one of those 3.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
We also have Turcotte and Vilardi as lottery picks who are also centers and Kupari who was picked ~20th and Tyler Madden/Akil Thomas who are also decent prospects. What can Turcotte+Madden+1st get us? Even if that doesn't equate to a young Seth Jones, it's a pretty damn good package.

Not Seth Jones that's for sure. I mean.. if you had young Seth Jones would you take the above package? This 1st is weak draft year and who knows where the Kings will be drafting. I doubt the Sens or Ducks would trade Sanderson or Drysdale for that package.

I think the Kings should just sign Dougie Hamilton.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
This would have to happen during the offseason but what about Morgan Rielly?

NOTE: I seriously doubt he is moved because he's a hell of a player and a big leader on the team but since he's up for a raise in a year and the Leafs have a ton of LHD I'm curious to see what he would fetch

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Kupari and Clague.
Tempting tbh, Kupari looks like a good shot at being a 2C in 2-3 years, with him hopefully being a 3C/3W as soon as next year.

Don't know much about Clauge but he has some solid AHL numbers the past few years.

This is a good offer, but I'd look to see if someone offered one piece straight up which was better/more valuable than those two assets, if no team did (in this scenario where we are dealing Sandin and the Kings are willing to deal Kupari, Clauge etc) than this is a deal I would look at making.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The obvious player the Oilers could offer is Caleb Jones. He wouldn't cost a ton, is very promising, and offensive minded.

I don't know what the Kings have. The Oilers are interested in a promising goalie prospect. Not much else.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This literally doesn't even make sense in any way. Unless they think their D is "complete" and is targeting one of the absolute top young LHD--but most of those guys are on teams that wouldn't want to disrupt with a trade and have literally no need to (Werenski, Sergachev, etc.). Plus, Kings are still figuring out what their needs are, as the youth evolves...but they're absolutely chock full of #2-#6 guys in the system. Anderson has been playing well with Doughty. Clague looked awesome in his time. Bjornfot now looks better than both. Kings' top 4 has been excellent with Doughty anchoring one pair (with Anderson) and Roy anchoring the next (with Clague or Bjornfot), and the depth has been good as well with Walker, Strand, and Maatta.

Not sure what they'd give up for a young 'upgrade' on those guys, and as pointed out above, the timing is super weird. No point in a lateral move when you're oozing prospect depth and could fill internally. This would have to be a 'sure thing' trade for a young, established top level dman. That's about the most expensive thing I can think of and seems a bit early for that.

Sure the Kings have needs but this year should be about exploring what they actually are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad