Speculation: Kings Interested In Hanzal

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
This the rental type of deal I hope LA does not do...unless it's for Shore. I see Dowd as the #3 next year and Hanzal as an upgrade on Shore.

If he's cheap enough, and he might sign with Vegas. Could count as the Kings tribute.

Other then that, I'd wonder why even bother.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Getzlaf, Kesler, Vermette say hi..Oh and we have thompson coming back from injury too.

congrats I would rather have Kopitar (in a down year), Carter and Hanzal than Getzlaf, Kessler and Vermette.

In fact would rather have Kopitar, Carter and Dowd @ $15,913 a year than your three at $16,875.

Have to admit Vermette was a good pick up.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I like Getzlaf too, especially when he makes a drop pass to the opposing team. What a selfless guy.

I also like his hairstyle, you can see the reflection of our 2 cup banners on his head when he removes his helmet to wipe his visor for tears.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
would love Hanzal on the Kings, but imagine the price is too high on a risky rental, especially in division and for the type of player other teams (i.e. Habs) will absolutely need for the price of a good prospect and conditional first.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
For those saying "it depends on the price"...

It will be a 1st rounder AT LEAST. Probably a little more. Look at what Gaustad got. Hanzal is an upgrade over him.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
This the rental type of deal I hope LA does not do...unless it's for Shore. I see Dowd as the #3 next year and Hanzal as an upgrade on Shore.

No thanks. No more pitching young players for that 'vet' guy rental. Don't see Dl doing that yet again.

Also, in the article , there is an audio link to the Friedman interview and he is asked who goes first Mike STone or Martin Hanzel. He said for a long time he though it would be hanzel because a lot of GM"s had (Sharks , Kings and Blues from the WC) called to ask about him but now he thinks it will be Stone (and mentioned Tampa Bay) and he thinks the Yotes still want to resign Hanzel because Tippet loves him.

Bob McKenzie on NBCSN was asked the same question and felt both will be traded , not a matter of if but when. Said that the asking price is high and it will probably not happen until the trade deadline, because the competition will drive the price up.

Said Vrbata will probably go to.

Last edited:

raswilliam

Feb 18, 2008
East TN.
I also like his hairstyle, you can see the reflection of our 2 cup banners on his head when he removes his helmet to wipe his visor for tears.

I'm bald too, so I can make fun of him.

BXMWtpRCcAAouK7.jpg:large

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Man, 2008 Getzlaf would have done donuts with his obscenely-raised F150 through your yard because your dog was barking at 6am while he was trying to sleep after a long night of drinking Coors Light.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad