Speculation: Kings Interested In Hanzal

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Be tough to beat having Kopitar/Carter/Hanzal down the middle. Hanzal could also take some defensive assignments away from Kopitar allowing him some freedom offensively. A lot of options upfront if we could acquire another good defensive center...Carter on Kopitar's wing even.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I'd hate to see Hanzal on the Sharks. He's arguably the best 3rd line center in the league.

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
"According to Friedman, Coyotes general manager John Chayka is believed to be seeking a young player, preferably a center, in return for Hanzal."

Hey John, have I ever told you about the hidden treasure that is Nick Shore?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
"According to Friedman, Coyotes general manager John Chayka is believed to be seeking a young player, preferably a center, in return for Hanzal."

Hey John, have I ever told you about the hidden treasure that is Nick Shore?

my first thought coming in was this However would the coyoates trade him within his division and t what price ( there would have to be a add to shore)

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Big pass. Third-line center who's gonna command big money in free agency. Would rather spend that money elsewhere.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
The Coyotes would love to get Shore back in return. They are all into advanced stats right? Isn't Shore like a corsi god?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
my first thought coming in was this However would the coyoates trade him within his division and t what price ( there would have to be a add to shore)

He's a UFA at the end of the season, they can't match the $3.1m he's making this year, let alone the increase he'll get in free agency, so he most likely wouldn't be a King beyond this season.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
He's a UFA at the end of the season, they can't match the $3.1m he's making this year, let alone the increase he'll get in free agency, so he most likely wouldn't be a King beyond this season.

Which is why I mentioned Dowd and or McNabb who were are likely to lose to expansion anyway.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Which is why I mentioned Dowd and or McNabb who were are likely to lose to expansion anyway.

If Lombardi would get a UFA, then he's in for this season. I'm not sure the expansion draft would come into play first and foremost if that's the case. Landeskog, that would be a little different, he's signed. Look at what Lombardi has done before, in terms of a UFA deadline trade. He doesn't trade guys on the roster, so I'm not sure Dowd or McNabb would even be involved.

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Only if they include Old-Man Doan!

If you can get him cheap enough sure. Wouldn't want to give up Dowd for him though. By cheap I mean like Shore cheap.

onlyalad

New rule: no goalies.
Jan 13, 2008

Trade for Brown
Phoenix fans love him

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Be tough to beat having Kopitar/Carter/Hanzal down the middle. Hanzal could also take some defensive assignments away from Kopitar allowing him some freedom offensively. A lot of options upfront if we could acquire another good defensive center...Carter on Kopitar's wing even.

Getzlaf, Kesler, Vermette say hi..Oh and we have thompson coming back from injury too.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
This the rental type of deal I hope LA does not do...unless it's for Shore. I see Dowd as the #3 next year and Hanzal as an upgrade on Shore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad