Post-Game Talk: Kings def. Canucks - 6-3 (Boeser, Joshua, Blueger) | Wherefore art thou, Demko?

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

It pisses me off so much that hits like this and the Manson hit to Miller’s head are 2 minute minors to these f***ing idiot refs, while Zadorov gets 5 and a game for his hit in Vegas. Just maddening double standards that show what a joke this league is.

Remember when Myers publicly called them out?

No surprise that things have been different since.

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Outside of Hughes, I haven’t been all that enthused with the entire blue line for a while now.
Agreed.
Soucy has looked terrible.
Myers is mostly terrible.
Hronek has been ok but not close to first half Hronek.
Cole hit and miss.
Zadorov not terrible.

I personally don’t understand the decision not to play Juulsen. He’s improved tremendously which indicates there’s more there. He’s so much more steady and quick in his decisions than the freighter that is Myers.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
DeSmith is not the reason for the poor results lately. He hasn't been great but the team has issues way beyond goaltending lately. DeSmith is being overworked and I feel bad for the guy cuz his confidence is probably taking a beating.

So hard to not make a joke about beating.

I don't really get all these back and forths saying it's desmith or not desmith.

He has not been good at all, that's a problem. Silovs has played better recently and the team won.

With that said the team is not playing well either.

Both can be true I don't get why for decades it always has to be one or the other with fans. Noticed it with the Lou era, half the fans blamed everything on him and other half would defend him on every goal.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Some positives from last night - Podkolzin had a good game - what a great pass to Petey. Thought the Petey, Hogs and Boeser line was the best of the bunch. Can't blame DeSmith for all 6 goals, but with Demko's better anticipation and range, those goals against could have been down to 2 or 3. We had the better of the play, but didn't get the saves we needed.

I'm probably alone on this, but it won't bust my chops if we drop to 2nd in the division if it means we avoid Nashville. It's the longest travel for any of the playoff teams, and if it goes 6-7 games, that will be brutal. I'd rather take our chances against the Kings or Knights with Demko in goal. If Demko doesn't rebound to his best because of this injury, it won't matter who we play.

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
I don't really get all these back and forths saying it's desmith or not desmith.

He has not been good at all, that's a problem. Silovs has played better recently and the team won.

With that said the team is not playing well either.

Both can be true I don't get why for decades it always has to be one or the other with fans. Noticed it with the Lou era, half the fans blamed everything on him and other half would defend him on every goal.
I've said a few times he hasn't been good but I'm just saying Demko won't be able to save them cuz there's more to it than just that.

Agreed.
Soucy has looked terrible.
Myers is mostly terrible.
Hronek has been ok but not close to first half Hronek.
Cole hit and miss.
Zadorov not terrible.

I personally don’t understand the decision not to play Juulsen. He’s improved tremendously which indicates there’s more there. He’s so much more steady and quick in his decisions than the freighter that is Myers.
Soucy hasn't looked terrible.

Reactions: Zippgunn

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Five games in a row we've lost against playoff caliber teams. For almost all of those games our top line, defence, and goaltending underperforms. PP has been horseshit for at least the last 10 games.

Team seems like they've been trying their hardest in all of those games. Even at our best, it appears to be not good enough. With the refereeing also stacked against us, it doesn't look like we can get through round 1 even with Demko's return.

Reactions: SopelFanThe3rd

SopelFanThe3rd

Cock of the Walk
Oct 25, 2020
Your Mother's House.
Five games in a row we've lost against playoff caliber teams. For almost all of those games our top line, defence, and goaltending underperforms. PP has been horseshit for at least the last 10 games.

Team seems like they've been trying their hardest in all of those games. Even at our best, it appears to be not good enough. With the refereeing also stacked against us, it doesn't look like we can get through round 1 even with Demko's return.
At the beginning of the season we'd have taken that in a heartbeat though. Let alone sitting near the top of the standings all season.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
I've said a few times he hasn't been good but I'm just saying Demko won't be able to save them cuz there's more to it than just that.

Soucy hasn't looked terrible.
I agree but that also does not mean desmith is not part of the problem.

I don't believe demko can magically fix all these issues but he should help a bit given desmiths play and given how good silovs also has been the past two games where they were not great either but got a win. The goalie won't fix all these problems but desmiths play is part of the problem.

Reactions: Zippgunn

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
In a lot of games this season, the Canucks have been out-shot and out-chanced......but their 'cushion' wad Demko. Now that he's been gone for a while, the scales are righting themselves.

The last couple of outings remind me of last year's Canucks trying to survive with Delia and Martin between the pipes. Even in games where they held their own five-on-five, they couldn't get a save.

Around the NHL. there's a lot of teams who'll be winding up their seasons in a week-and-a half, because of sub-standard goaltending. So unless Demko is back and full healthy for the playoffs, I suspect the Canucks will go pretty quietly.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
In a lot of games this season, the Canucks have been out-shot and out-chanced......but their 'cushion' wad Demko. Now that he's been gone for a while, the scales are righting themselves.

The last couple of outings remind me of last year's Canucks trying to survive with Delia and Martin between the pipes. Even in games where they held their own five-on-five, they couldn't get a save.

Around the NHL. there's a lot of teams who'll be winding up their seasons in a week-and-a half, because of sub-standard goaltending. So unless Demko is back and full healthy for the playoffs, I suspect the Canucks will go pretty quietly.
Well Demko is suppose to be back soon and if anything he is going to be pretty well rested. Bubble Demko let’s go

Reactions: LordBacon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad