GDT: Kings @ Coyotes - Rookie Camp Games - September 20 & 21

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Damnit Perlini!

Damnit you make me miss Yandle now..... :)

Hey our d-men can pass. Pass it right to the other other players stick.

Hey..... the pucks found a lot of teammates' skates too. :D

And welcome to the forum!!

Hopefully Chychrun plays tomorrow and that makes a difference. Wonder if he's nursing a minor injury or something and that's why he's not playing though.

I thought I saw him in on one shift, then never saw him again.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
From what I saw.....

Dvorak should just sit out and wait for his new linemates to arrive Friday. He's ready.

Strome looked good at times.... made a couple of real nice passes..... but was just too quiet. See what he does tomorrow.

Kyle Wood....... just might be Dawn Braid's undoing as a skating coach. I could skate better. Not sure what Chayka saw in him to give him a ELC.

I can see Fischer making the lineup this season. MacInnis will be pushing too.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Fischer and MacInnis pushing hard is best case scenario. Strome, Dvorak, and Samuelsson need back pressure.

Perlini is a tough call. I wanted Fabbri very badly in that spot. That was my guy by far. He's producing. Perlini? All of the tools; toolbox? Doesn't look good. We shall see.

Not too worried about the D. Wood is the guy I want to see something from. If he doesn't have it, we're back to hoping for the best from Murphy and Stone. At least we also have a hail-Mary in DeAngelo. Smart pick-up. Even if he doesn't pan out.

Would like to have seen some fire under Crouse's ass. If he's going to outdo Chipchura, he's got to ratchet up his give a ****. Like at all times. Like awkwardly make people feel uncomfortable with the level of try. Like Petr Prucha sized balls on a Taylor Pyatt sized frame. This is a player with everything he needs but he has to make a choice. He needs to choose and to commit.

Last edited:

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
Was at the game, thought the D and Langhammer both played very poorly. Lang gave up so many juicy rebounds, very poor showing. All the center's impressed. Dvo's line I felt was exceptional. Strome looked like Garland was holding him back IMO. Would kind of like to see him center Crouse and Fischer tomorrow. Garland just kills the line he's on IMO. Needs to learn to pass every once in a while.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'd rather take Garland off Strome's wing. I like him less every time I see him. Holds the puck way too long and puts little to no effort in defending. He has a lot of work to do.

Crouse and Mac in front of the net on the PP units too.

I agree.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I really hope some of the people I sat around tonight are not affiliated with this site. My god you hear some of the dumbest **** at a hockey game. Half of them had no idea what they were watching.

Anyway, not much stood out to me. We were faster and far more physical tonight than we have been in years past, at rookie games.

:laugh: I think if you put 2 and 2 together you might find your answer. These rookie games are more like a scrimmage. Wait for main camp if your looking for excitement.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I really hope some of the people I sat around tonight are not affiliated with this site. My god you hear some of the dumbest **** at a hockey game. Half of them had no idea what they were watching.

Wasn't the game free? Probably had something to do with non-hockey fans showing up just looking for a cool place to drink beer.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
From what I saw.....

Dvorak should just sit out and wait for his new linemates to arrive Friday. He's ready.

Strome looked good at times.... made a couple of real nice passes..... but was just too quiet. See what he does tomorrow.

Kyle Wood....... just might be Dawn Braid's undoing as a skating coach. I could skate better. Not sure what Chayka saw in him to give him a ELC.

I can see Fischer making the lineup this season. MacInnis will be pushing too.

I thought one of Wood's biggest asset was his skating. He has to use his size to his advantage and become much more physical. Main camp hasn't even started and you are penciling in players to make the Coyotes. Let's relax and bit here, you may be putting the cart before the horse.:)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fischer and MacInnis pushing hard is best case scenario. Strome, Dvorak, and Samuelsson need back pressure.

Perlini is a tough call. I wanted Fabbri very badly in that spot. That was my guy by far. He's producing. Perlini? All of the tools; toolbox? Doesn't look good. We shall see.

Not too worried about the D. Wood is the guy I want to see something from. If he doesn't have it, we're back to hoping for the best from Murphy and Stone. At least we also have a hail-Mary in DeAngelo. Smart pick-up. Even if he doesn't pan out.

Would like to have seen some fire under Crouse's ass. If he's going to outdo Chipchura, he's got to ratchet up his give a ****. Like at all times. Like awkwardly make people feel uncomfortable with the level of try. Like Petr Prucha sized balls on a Taylor Pyatt sized frame. This is a player with everything he needs but he has to make a choice. He needs to choose and to commit.

Perlini skates like the wind, and that is all. What the hell happened to him?

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Wasn't the game free? Probably had something to do with non-hockey fans showing up just looking for a cool place to drink beer.

The sad part is most of them were wearing coyote attire along with there kids.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
"Non-game" players sitting out this afternoon's game:

Nick Merkley
Marek Langhamer
Dylan Strome
Christian Dvorak
Brendan Perlini
Lawson Crouse
Mackenzie Braid
Kyle Wood

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA

Nick Merkley
Marek Langhamer
Dylan Strome
Christian Dvorak
Brendan Perlini
Lawson Crouse
Mackenzie Braid
Kyle Wood

My interpretation (from what I've read--I haven't had a chance to watch the match if it's still available) of reasons:
Merkley--let's not take any unnecessary risks
Langhamer--most likely seen enough to base a decsion on and we need to see how Hill does. I'm not sure who will be the back-up, but I know we had a few others on the roster
Strome--enough to make it to camp
Dvorak--enough to make it to camp
Perlini--enough to know he'll probably be in Tucson
Crouse--wait to see how he does in camp with the big boys (based on what people said, I'm surprised he isn't playing again, but I guess if his other linemates aren't playing, why bother.
Braid--enough to say, "thank you for attending camp, we hope you had fun"
Wood--enough to know he'll probably be in Tucson​

Last edited:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
My interpretation (from what I've read--I haven't had a chance to watch the match if it's still available) of reasons:
Merkley--let's not take any unnecessary risks
Langhamer--most likely seen enough to base a decsion on and we need to see how Hill does. I'm not sure who will be the back-up, but I know we had a few others on the roster
Strome--enough to make it to camp
Dvorak--enough to make it to camp
Perlini--enough to know he'll probably be in Tucson
Crouse--wait to see how he does in camp with the big boys (based on what people said, I'm surprised he isn't playing again, but I guess if his other linemates aren't playing, why bother.
Braid--enough to say, "thank you for attending camp, we hope you had fun"
Wood--enough to know he'll probably be in Tucson​

Seriously? Let's give the boys the rest of rookie camp before we annoint/condemn them. Perhaps Perlini and Langhammer have the flu. Perhaps Dvorak doesn't show up for the rest of camp like he has this week.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014

Nick Merkley
Marek Langhamer
Dylan Strome
Christian Dvorak
Brendan Perlini
Lawson Crouse
Mackenzie Braid
Kyle Wood
Lame, I'm still going but it would've been nice to see most of the big boys again. Better safe than sorry though, it would suck if one of them got hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor Savage

Oct 3, 2006
Arizona
Worst part was them busting out the "hey goalie you suck". :facepalm:

I absolutely hate that chant! It sounds like lame trash talking on the playground. Pathetic. And when they add "It's all your fault, it's all your fault . . . ." it just adds to how weak the original chant sounds. Just stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad