GDT: Kings @ Coyotes - Rookie Camp Games - September 20 & 21

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Strome isn't going to look great in scrambly, sloppy friendlies with a whole new team. Thats probably not going to suit Dvorak as much, either. The Crouses and Fischers of the world? It should be fine.

Looked like the LA kids wanted it more.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hopefully Chychrun plays tomorrow and that makes a difference. Wonder if he's nursing a minor injury or something and that's why he's not playing though.

Hopefully he hasn't signed in Russia. That name is awfully...Slavic sounding. That or maybe Welsch. He hasn't signed in Whales has he?

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Strome isn't going to look great in scrambly, sloppy friendlies with a whole new team. Thats probably not going to suit Dvorak as much, either. The Crouses and Fischers of the world? It should be fine.

Looked like the LA kids wanted it more.

Dvo has looked really good, though. Best for either team. Strome has had moments, but I agree. This sloppy kind of game isn't his style and certainly isn't what NHL hockey will be like.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You can tell why we moved up to get Chychrun and why the DeAngelo acquisition was necessary. On one play the D had nobody on him and everyone skating up ice and he fired the puck behind the net off the glass. Mike Spilleresque.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
You can tell why we moved up to get Chychrun and why the DeAngelo acquisition was necessary. On one play the D had nobody on him and everyone skating up ice and he fired the puck behind the net off the glass. Mike Spilleresque.

The situation is so bad new people are signing up to point out how bad it is:

Hey our d-men can pass. Pass it right to the other other players stick.

Welcome :P

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Perlini played like he didnt want to get hurt again
Perlini was a giveaway machine...wonder if Strome struggled from having him on his wing. Perlini may have been the worst forward on the ice.

The key other guys: Dvo, Fischer, MacInnis, Crouse and even Bunting....provide reason for optimism.

Officialko

Sep 5, 2016
Glendale, AZ
The situation is so bad new people are signing up to point out how bad it is:

Welcome :P
Lol took me a sec to process the post. No I didn't sign up for that reason (although it would be a good reason too) I'm just shy for no reason, I had to come out of my comfort zone to point the d-men problem out though.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I say for the next one move Bunting to Strome's wing.

Bunting/Strome/Garland
Crouse/Dvorak/Fischer
Perlini/MacInnis/whoever
scrub/scrub/scrub

maybe have the D understand which jerseys the boys are wearing before they're allowed out on the ice.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I'd rather take Garland off Strome's wing. I like him less every time I see him. Holds the puck way too long and puts little to no effort in defending. He has a lot of work to do.

Crouse and Mac in front of the net on the PP units too.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I really hope some of the people I sat around tonight are not affiliated with this site. My god you hear some of the dumbest **** at a hockey game. Half of them had no idea what they were watching.

Anyway, not much stood out to me. We were faster and far more physical tonight than we have been in years past, at rookie games.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Worst part was them busting out the "hey goalie you suck". :facepalm:

It's terrible, man. I heard a guy yelling the most ignorant stuff at the refs. Almost every time there was no call to be made, incredible. Of course his cronies chugging Budweiser and smelling like the Marlboro man were laughing like they were at a comedy show.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I really hope some of the people I sat around tonight are not affiliated with this site. My god you hear some of the dumbest **** at a hockey game. Half of them had no idea what they were watching.

Anyway, not much stood out to me. We were faster and far more physical tonight than we have been in years past, at rookie games.

Coyotes fans are some of the cringiest people i've ever seen. Every time I've gone to a game I've been by some weirdo

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Coyotes fans are some of the cringiest people i've ever seen. Every time I've gone to a game I've been by some weirdo

The worst. Zero manners. Saw a lady that had to have been tippin the scale at 3 bills wearing a crop top with blue hair with her boyfriend in tow that looked like he crawled out from under a garbage dump.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014

Well, if we want to grow the popularity, we need to welcome the ignorant and slowly teach them as they come back for more and more games.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Well, if we want to grow the popularity, we need to welcome the ignorant and slowly teach them as they come back for more and more games.

I've got no problem for people going to games, I encourage it, but at least have some manners and where with all about you in a public setting.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014

It's not the ignorant, its just that the people I've seen are just plain weird, its just kinda strange.

I guess anyone who has stuck with this team is bound to have some sort of issues though... :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad