GDT: Kings @ Caps 7PM

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Yeah they have no tiebreakers people. They aren't in the playoffs. In fact, they went down a seed tonight bc of that third period home choke.

I can't fathom Caps fans still supporting this team with the last 5 years of epic home chokery.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
May: How about the inertia on the puck and <defenders> stick coming off Ovi's stick on the Kuz goal.

That stick flying through the air and the entire play seem gif worthy.

Gif worthy = high compliment.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
For better or for worse, they would be in the playoffs.

Toronto, Columbus, Detroit and Washington all have 80 pts but Col/Det have played one less game and Toronto one more.

After tonight the standing should be,
7. col
8. Det
9. Wash
10. Tor

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Yeah they have no tiebreakers people. They aren't in the playoffs. In fact, they went down a seed tonight bc of that third period home choke.

I can't fathom Caps fans still supporting this team with the last 5 years of epic home chokery.
Well they did gain ground on both Detroit and Toronto.

Halak was terrible tonight though in regulation and the shootout. How many tough saves did he have to make? Probably less than the number of softies he gave up. With average goaltending we win that game even though we fell apart without Nicky. I want to see Holtby play next game. He deserves it especially after his last game, and is the better goalie of the two when he's on.

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009
Have some of you truly forgotten how many softies Holtby has left in?
Again these players, GMGM and coach are fighting for their jobs, that is the reason for them FINALLY playing with a sense of urgency. If they do make the playoffs you will have the same old complacent team with struggling goaltending and a pathetic defense next year. I'd like to see changes made for the better, not the complacent team I've seen the last couple of years with a GM who fails to address its needs.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Holtby starts on Saturday? Hopefully they'll be pissed for the next 3 days after blowing it tonight. And please let Nicky and Jack be ok -- the extra days of rest could really help.

ryan519*

Well they did gain ground on both Detroit and Toronto.

Halak was terrible tonight though in regulation and the shootout. How many tough saves did he have to make? Probably less than the number of softies he gave up. With average goaltending we win that game even though we fell apart without Nicky. I want to see Holtby play next game. He deserves it especially after his last game, and is the better goalie of the two when he's on.

agreed, holtby should be in next game. halak wasnt 100% tonight by a long shot. plus the game against the bruins a few weeks back holtby something like 36 saves in the 4-2 win. dont agree with the bolded though. when halak's on he makes saves that holtby wouldnt, and has better positioning

that being said, you cant sit back on a 3-1 lead..play hard, play like you're down the whole game..

they better be real pissed after this one and go ****in beast mode the rest of the way

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Have some of you truly forgotten how many softies Holtby has left in?
Again these players, GMGM and coach are fighting for their jobs, that is the reason for them FINALLY playing with a sense of urgency. If they do make the playoffs you will have the same old complacent team with struggling goaltending and a pathetic defense next year. I'd like to see changes made for the better, not the complacent team I've seen the last couple of years with a GM who fails to address its needs.

I didn't. But I do remember how good he was last game. And a few weeks before that when he played great against the Bruins. I also remember how good he has been for us the past 2 years and first 2 months of this season.

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009
I didn't. But I do remember how good he was last game. And a few weeks before that when he played great against the Bruins. I also remember how good he has been for us the past 2 years and first 2 months of this season.

Inconsistent is the word your looking for

msrulo

Feb 3, 2013
Toronto, ON
It was Fehr's indecisiveness that caused it he started to go hard after the puck below the goal line and then threw a check to just throw a check.
True Fehr should of kept his stick on the ice, but Alzner still seemed a little sleepy, should of seen that puck labeled for gabs and go stick on stick. I usually don't criticize Alzner.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
True Fehr should of kept his stick on the ice, but Alzner still seemed a little sleepy, should of seen that puck labeled for gabs and go stick on stick. I usually don't criticize Alzner.

Yeah let's trade him. Who needs his 7 blocked shots.

Last edited:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Entertaining and dramatic game. Kuz is 100% Cardiac Caps player!

LA is a tough opponent. Quick is good, Drew is good, many veteran players, overall tough lineup.

But Caps showed some fight tonight also. Too bad George picked Oates last year and forgot to upgrade Hillen this year. I think this roster could do some damage but...

Obviously, 2nd round is the roof. Watching DET-CBJ last minutes I can say Caps don't know what passing is =) The difference in DET's passing/team play and Oates's is huge. Very sad.

Good game for Wilson I think. Calmly worked and worked and worked some more. New 4C guy is a pleasant bonus. I guess he can play 4LW in the end when Latta will be healthy.

Wonderful 2nd PP goal. Brilliant.

Glad I didn't watch it in the background.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
How do you guys see Orlov's upside potential?

is he better than Voynov?

I'd have to watch Voynov more to actually know, but I see a left handed Mike Green in Orlov. Maybe he won't lead the league in goals consistently, but he's got plenty of potential too. About the only question I have for him is how much defense he can learn to play. He's not a stay at home guy and is prone to lapse by being to offensively aggressive, leads to 2 on 1's.

But he's young so there's a lot of time for him to temper some of his aggression.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Orlov has some serious offensive talent, and we've seen some defensive tools. I don't know where his offensive upside stops, but it's definitely huge. Defensively I think he tops out at about 2nd pair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad