Rumor: Kings-Canucks talking possible Garland trade

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
Every team that actually wants to trade for this guy has watched him actually play rather than stat watching
This comment includes the eye test. Every person that wants to trade for Clarke should be watching a lot of his videos before they think that Garland is worth a Trade for him. And with an Add on no less?
And I don’t mean to imply that Garland is worthless. I’d love to have him. Only that Clarke is that special to the LA Kings and Garland does not move the needle on a trade for Clarke.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Grans is a really underrated prospect. To come across the pond as a teenage defender and be so good in the AHL right off the bat is super impressive. Great package of size and skill…he was the 35th overall pick so almost a first rounder and his growth has been excellent - there is little question is my mind that his equivalency would be a first rounder at this point and maybe even in that pick 20 range.

He gets lost in the shuffle of the Kings loaded system but on some other clubs he would be viewed as a top prospect who would be darn near untouchable except for a really great player with term in return.

Now - Garland IS a really great player with term and I’d want something else very significant back along with Grans if I’m Vancouver. But I just wanted to give Grans his due here because I’ve seen in multiple threads now people go “who the heck is this” or “why does he have this kind of value”. He’s a great prospect with lots of upside. His potential availability is due only in part to the Kings absolutely loaded system on the right side of the blueline.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Grans is the type of D prospect we're looking for but I'm not really comfortable with moving Garland for him, Boeser for Grans seems much more fair.
I will say this, losing Grans will hurt.. the kid is an absolute stud and will be NHL ready next season… IMHO, he can be in the NHL now.. but the Nucks wouldn’t have any reason to rush him.. unless your AHL team sucks

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
I'd push for Grans, 1st. We could take a contract back, but LA doesn't really have anything that needs to go out.

The next two games are make or break for the Canucks I think. Win them both, we probably have a real quiet deadline. Lose them both, and I think we sell on one of Boeser or Garland.

Grans + 1st would make sense.

Report that LA doesn't want to give up a 1st rounder here but I don't see how that would work.

Canucks likely decline Grans + 2nd.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Garland was essentially traded for the 9th pick (Guenther).
Clarke was taken 8th.
Understandable if Clarke isn't on the table from LA but the Canucks are going to be looking for a quality of prospect equivalent to what would be taken in the 10th-20th slot in the 1st round (or a 1st round pick expected to land in the same range) in terms of compensation for Garland. Rangers' Othmann, Calgary's Coronato, St. Louis' Bolduc, etc. However, the Canucks are probably looking for a defenseman.

Edit: Garland* not Granlund lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Szechwan

deaderhead28

Jul 3, 2010
Yea, I think this is why its happening. Canucks are depserate for rhd prospects or young nhl ready. Its probably going to be more than 1 rhd though. Prices are high, and i dont think 1 prospect gets you garland with multi years left at his hit
Dont think Clarke is in the conversation, but more like Grans, and faber. Or a current rhd with term like bjornfoot/roy + another as Kings are probably looking to dump one of them for one of their younger rhd on a elc
Grans and Faber isn't going to happen.Bjornfoot I would guess isn't happening either.

Last edited:

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
This comment includes the eye test. Every person that wants to trade for Clarke should be watching a lot of his videos before they think that Garland is worth a Trade for him. And with an Add on no less?
And I don’t mean to imply that Garland is worthless. I’d love to have him. Only that Clarke is that special to the LA Kings and Garland does not move the needle on a trade for Clarke.
Clarke is 100% special, and I can see why he’s untouchable. Prospects of his caliber are moved once every few years - it just doesn’t happen. With that being said, I’d also rather not give up Garland. I like the contract he’s on, and he makes things happen on the ice. I’d rather move Boeser instead of Garland.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Ahhh, the village idiots at 4th period slinging their mental feces again.

Garland is one of the last player the Kings need and Grans is exactly what the Kings need.
Yeah, this makes total sense.

If Garland is the target, we talk more in the Tynan or Marcus Phillips range.
Literally every other NHL team would offer something better than the Kings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad