Rumor: Kings-Canucks talking possible Garland trade

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Don’t see this happening. Canucks should be trying to make the playoffs. They need the playoff revenue bc of lost $ with covid

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
You don’t give up the kind of potential Clarke has for an undersized 0.5 PPG player. Vancouver and every other team probably knows this. Clarke only gets traded for a player you can’t say no to. Garland is not that player.
Every team that actually wants to trade for this guy has watched him actually play rather than stat watching

Reactions: apocalypse

robes1

Jul 22, 2015
Isn't Garland the exact type of speedy skilled player that JR wants on the Canucks? Unless the return is too good to pass up, doesn't make sense to trade him?

Reactions: M2Beezy and Love

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I'd push for Grans, 1st. We could take a contract back, but LA doesn't really have anything that needs to go out.

The next two games are make or break for the Canucks I think. Win them both, we probably have a real quiet deadline. Lose them both, and I think we sell on one of Boeser or Garland.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Trading Garland is philosophically inconsistent with everything JR/Allvin have said. With that being said, would I be surprised if he’s traded? No, because most NHL executives are brain dead dinosaurs and our new front office hasn’t done anything to earn my trust at this point.

JR has said he doesn’t want to do a rebuild. That means he wants to try to contend with the core of Pettersson/Hughes/Demko/Miller/Horvat/ etc. Thats fine I have no issue with that. My issue is that if you’re trying to contend in the next 5 years, why the f*** are you trading Garland?

Let me ask this as a very simple question: do the Canucks need more 26 year olds signed to great contracts who drive play and score at an elite level 5 on 5 or do they need less players like that? This is an easy question with a no brainer answer. Therefore any talk of trading Garland is very concerning to me with regards to the ability of this front office to evaluate talent and the needs of the team.

If you’re so desperate for help on D (and we are), trade Boeser instead. He will cost more and produce less than Garland. How is this even a conversation? It’s so obvious.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Garland is quickly becoming overrated.

Definitely. But he's also the best skating forward on the Canucks, and is downright brazen with the puck on his stick.
Not even just for a little guy, for any forward. But the fact that he can hold onto the puck for 10-15 seconds at a time and continuously make the smart play, at his size, is remarkable.

That said I would love to turn this 5'7 waterbug into a monster RHD defender.

Reactions: 2-4 Slashin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad