Confirmed with Link: Kings aquire Bishop, 2017 5th rd pk for Budaj , Erik Cernak, 7th & cond pick

kingskring

Dec 3, 2012
Bob McKenzieVerified account‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 2m2 minutes ago
Ben Bishop has been traded to LAK.
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings have acquired goaltender Ben Bishop and a fifth-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for goaltender Peter Budaj , defenseman Erik Cernak, a seventh-round pick in the 2017 NHL Draft and a conditional pick in the 2017 NHL Draft, Kings President/General Manager Dean Lombardi announced today.

Bishop, 30 (born Nov. 21, 1986), has played in 32 games with the Lightning this year, posting a 16-12-3 record, a 2.55 goals-against average, a .911 save percentage and one shutout.

The 6-7, 216-pound native of Denver, Colo. has played for the Lightning, Ottawa Senators and St. Louis Blues during his eight-year NHL career. In 263 career regular-season games he has posted a 146-77-23 record, a 2.32 goals-against average, a .919 save percentage and 19 shutouts.
https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/la-kings-acquire-lightning-ben-bishop-for-peter-budaj/c-287157242

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Apparently we have a bunch of back to backs left so in a vacuum, that's that. Every game is a playoff game right now.

Something more has to give though, right?

Reserving judgment, but at first glance, what a waste of assets.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
There must be something going on that we don't know about, otherwise this deal makes no sense.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Reserving judgment, but at first glance, what a waste of assets.

That's been Lombardi's modus operandus since 2015. Blowing assets every year. Probably was looking at another soon to be bust with a 2nd round pick wasted on Cernak too. Kings sure love these prospects with limited upside, especially when they can eventually move them for rentals who will be gone in a matter of months.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
There must be something going on that we don't know about, otherwise this deal makes no sense.

Same. Something smells funny. At least, I hope :laugh:

Annoyed that we would wait all season to pull the trigger on a starter...

But maybe Bishop is getting flipped back to the east coast, a la jones.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
TB fan checking in. I think you guys are going to be surprised at just how good Ben Bishop is, and how much better he makes the team in front of him. Even with all the attention he's gotten lately, he's still one of the best kept secrets in the league. An absolute general in the crease.

Congrats and good luck.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
TB fan checking in. I think you guys are going to be surprised at just how good Ben Bishop is, and how much better he makes the team in front of him. Even with all the attention he's gotten lately, he's still one of the best kept secrets in the league. An absolute general in the crease.

Congrats and good luck.

Thanks, he's kind of spare with Quick about, which makes it a weird trade from our side.

Good luck with the futures

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad