Confirmed with Link: Kings announce signing kovalchuk to 3 year contract.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
If you haven't noticed Kubalik is playing with Toews and at times Kane...Can only imagine how much more effective Kopi would be playing with Kubalik instead of Yafallo and Brown two mostly slugs!

Are you intentionally trying to spam threads even when you've been asked nicely countless times to stop? Even in the wake of multiple people saying he was not interested in signing in LA?

Reactions: Statto

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Are you intentionally trying to spam threads even when you've been asked nicely countless times to stop? Even in the wake of multiple people saying he was not interested in signing in LA?

It’s a solid troll job. Surprised people are still replying to him.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
hahahahahaha

hahahahahahaha...Kubalik is scratching the surface..Yaffallo has reached his peak playing with Kopistar!

Clearly trolling, and not even very good trolling at that.

2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others.

Mods - Based on this users' history of posts, when do you step in?

Reactions: funky

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Had an assist and was +2 in his debut tonight. He is back in the convo for the Selke. :laugh:
I watched the first 30 mins of the game and missed his assist but he played pretty well from what I saw.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Kovy also threw 6 hits. Pretty good start. Hope he does well there. Seems like a likable guy.

so if he does well there for the rest of the season does it show that Kovy was the one doing things right to try and ignite offense and that our team as constructed is so under skilled they could not read off him?

sorry I just sometimes got that feeling watching Kings games. I know he was a defensive liability but I just see our teams as a bunch of unskilled, somewhat pampered plugs that rely on Kopitar to carry the load. When we get worked up and salivate over players like Lizotte or whatever the guy was last year we liked and didn’t re-sign and in reality they are 4th line depth players it tells you that we are getting used to failure and chronic underachievement.

no use in rushing a guy like Kaliyev if we don’t have the skilled players up here to play with him.

Reactions: LAKings88

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
6 hits is what stood out for me with his stat line. Had the game on in the background while doing shit around the house so didn't get to see much though.

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
Kovy also threw 6 hits. Pretty good start. Hope he does well there. Seems like a likable guy.

so if he does well there for the rest of the season does it show that Kovy was the one doing things right to try and ignite offense and that our team as constructed is so under skilled they could not read off him?

sorry I just sometimes got that feeling watching Kings games. I know he was a defensive liability but I just see our teams as a bunch of unskilled, somewhat pampered plugs that rely on Kopitar to carry the load. When we get worked up and salivate over players like Lizotte or whatever the guy was last year we liked and didn’t re-sign and in reality they are 4th line depth players it tells you that we are getting used to failure and chronic underachievement.

no use in rushing a guy like Kaliyev if we don’t have the skilled players up here to play with him.
Came to post something similar.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

harsh but fair

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

I don't think so.

Really though, last night's game isn't surprising. He started off well offensively both of his seasons here. Now he's got a huge chip on his shoulder and he's playing for a team with a media and fan base that is going to scrutinize him. I simply don't feel that his body--regardless of Rocky IV-level Instagram training videos--can hold up to playing a regular NHL schedule. That's where his lost step (steps?) start to really show up and you won't get the six hits and you won't get as many points.

Back to the bolded, it isn't at all that Kovy was doing things the right way but rather the Kings were a horrible destination for him due to the usual reasons why washed-up stars coming out to the beach has sucked for the Kings. He came here because of the 3rd year and his wife. With where he is at talent wise, he simply can not play in a market like LA where nobody knows him and the only people that care about his play are us f***ing dorks on HF. Now he already got the LA money and now it is all about his pride so it won't surprise me that he plays better; however, I don't think he has a ton to give the later we get in to the season.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Back to the bolded, it isn't at all that Kovy was doing things the right way but rather the Kings were a horrible destination for him due to the usual reasons why washed-up stars coming out to the beach has sucked for the Kings. He came here because of the 3rd year and his wife. With where he is at talent wise, he simply can not play in a market like LA where nobody knows him and the only people that care about his play are us ****ing dorks on HF. Now he already got the LA money and now it is all about his pride so it won't surprise me that he plays better; however, I don't think he has a ton to give the later we get in to the season.

ok first of all

i agree

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
#17 with the neutral zone turnover that leads to the Detroit goal which ties the game with less than 10 minutes left in the third.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad