Confirmed with Link: Kings announce signing kovalchuk to 3 year contract.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
I'm glad Kovy is doing well in MTL so far, he's got a great attitude at this point in his career.

That said, since the trade the Canadiens are 2-4 with one of those wins against shitty Ottawa. Losing records follow him around like a stalker.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I'm glad Kovy is doing well in MTL so far, he's got a great attitude at this point in his career.

That said, since the trade the Canadiens are 2-4 with one of those wins against ****ty Ottawa. Losing records follow him around like a stalker.
Certainly not on him though as he’s been their best forward in the 2 games I have seen. Last night Price sat and the goaltending killed them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steeler23

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I don't think I ever shared this here but I have Kovalchuk's GU stick. Thinking of giving it to Lewis to bump his production a bit.

image0.jpg

\\

mr2padstack

Jul 10, 2012
I don't think I ever shared this here but I have Kovalchuk's GU stick. Thinking of giving it to Lewis to bump his production a bit.

image0.jpg

\\
Sure, if it will get T. LEW permanently sat and put on another team shortly. Nothing against the guy, but his time as ran out in LA and he could be easily replaced by a younger cheaper player within the system.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
He continues to be a class act by not throwing the organization or any coaches under the bus. The guy simply wanted to play. It didn’t workout here, but I hope he finds success elsewhere, because it surely won’t be in Montreal.

He joined the Kings when the perfect storm of suck hit, and no matter what he did, it just didn't work. Part of the problem was on the Kings too. Glad he's doing well in MTL and showing he can still play.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Damn Kovi with 2 more tonight.

The Habs played the night before vs Hawks and got beaten and were a bit on the listless side. Kovy had a 'peptalk' with the team postgame, which they reportedly really responded positively too. It showed last night, they played a very good game and he could have had 2 more, he was that good.

Reactions: ibleedkings

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Damn Kovi with 2 more tonight.

I never had an issue with Kovy except how much money we were paying him...he was always getting his chances and was no worse than 3/4 of our team. the way that management handled him was just as lame as signing him from the get-go.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Not only is Kovy scoring, but he’s throwing down for team meals on a measly $700k, pro rated salary. He keeps this up and they’ll name a street after him in Monnnnnreal.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Glad he is doing well, hopefully he keeps the Habs in the black hole and away from our draft position.

Reactions: Riofan

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
I never had an issue with Kovy except how much money we were paying him...he was always getting his chances and was no worse than 3/4 of our team. the way that management handled him was just as lame as signing him from the get-go.

Yeah, that is one of my biggest gripes with the current management. I wasn't a fan of how they handled the Kovalchuk situation, it may have been different behind the scenes, but publicly it seemed shitty.

Reactions: Dexter Sinister

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
The Kovy experiment is frustrating.

To me it shows that LA is a workman/lunch pail team in its DNA. No real creativity or dynamic offense to speak of.

Doughty is not a great PP quarterback too. Kovy likely should have been.

I think the article shows he wanted first line minutes and didn’t want to be in a rebuild.

The line about Montreal’s leadership was interesting.

Since 2014 it’s been tough to be a Kings fan. So thankful for cups but LA needs to add some serious skill and talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad