Confirmed with Link: Kings Acquire Keaton Ellerby from the Panthers for a 2013 5th Round Pick

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
how has he been for the kings since they aquired him?

I'm always skeptical of the players we trade for, especially ones that couldn't get into the lineup somewhere like Florida. That being said, very good. Guy has a big body and knows how to use it, he also doesn't skate into bad situations.

MollerManor

Feb 18, 2009
Completely different kind of players.....

Totally agree. I just remember randy in the first couple months with us making these 50/50 offensive attempt passes that where super on or wayyyy off. Vague similarities.

Minor Boarding

Nov 30, 2011
Corleone
how has he been for the kings since they aquired him?
Solid...
Defensively he's pretty good positionally and can skate well. Has had some trouble clearing the zone (not yet used to Staples centers glass), a few bad passes...
He's been quietly effective for the Kings.
A solid pickup for the price paid.

He also pointed out in a recent mayorsmanor interview that he needs to adapt to western conference hockey thats more physical and a little less finesse...

A quote from the interview:
For Ellerby, there also won’t be many familiar faces across the ice over the next few months. He’s played in the Eastern Conference since making his NHL debut in 2010 and he’s only starting to wrap his around the major changes he’s facing.
“The style of play is unbelievably different just from the two games I’ve been here,†he noted. “It’s like a playoff game almost every night here. The teams are just bigger. They battle…It’s grind it out, smash each other around with lower scoring games. Out East you get a lot of 7-1, 6-2, 6-6 games. A lot of goals. Out here I find it’s more like 3-2, 2-1 gal games.â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad