Scrivens

Talbot
Talbth
Talth
Tasth
Fasth

The (de) evolution of our goalies
:help:

If they've de-evolved into Scriven and Fasth, why are there Nilssons and Talbots still around?

What de-evolution scientists don't want you to see!

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
so i didn't watch the game last night because schutlz was somehow, incomprehensibly, still in the lineup... i came here to ask how many of the 5 goals was schultz directly responsible for? my personal over/under is 2

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
It's not limited to HfOil but the mood swings here between wins and loses is fascinating. It's like a bunch of women syncing up their menstrual cycles.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Reality is a cruel mistress. A lot of warning bells should've gone off around here when we couldn't even beat the Canucks.
I had faith for a bit but as soon as the going gets tough the regular culprits start floating and not giving a **** and goaltending fell apart again.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I had faith for a bit but as soon as the going gets tough the regular culprits start floating and not giving a **** and goaltending fell apart again.

Yup. It's 2013 all over again. Anytime this team tastes success they completely fall apart. We've won one game out of 7 since the 6-game win streak. What an illusion that streak was.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Yup. It's 2013 all over again. Anytime this team tastes success they completely fall apart. We've won one game out of 7 since the 6-game win streak. What an illusion that streak was.
We only won 4 of those cause our goalies stole it for us.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yes. Our NHL team is so bad that we need them on our team and they are our best players. And our NHL team is still awful. We have been ****ing rebuilding for how long?

Outside of the 1st round we have nothing. Even in thr 1st round. RNH, Gagner, Yakupov, Paajarvi and Eberle. All very flawed players. RNH at best is looking like an average 2nd liner, who is weak. Gagner is probably easing to Europe. Yak still hasn't established himself as anything. He has flashes of some skill but is at best right now a middle of the pack the pack third liner who can't pack third liner who cant pay that role. Paajarvi is getting some time in St Louis but is still going to bust and Eberle is entirely one dimensional and I've seen beer leaguers play better defense.

We are at best 1 year away from getting out of the bottom 5 and 3-4 from winning a playoff round.

The team is fatally flawed and our cubbards are bare. Out of everyone in the ahl the only player I see making it is Brossoit and Reinhart. The rest will see spot duty but none will be an NHL regular any where

Not that I disagree with some of what you're saying but you are by far the most bi-polar poster that I've seen on these boards, with all due respect of course.
It's hard to tell when you're being saracastic or serious.

One minute, you're complaining to the critics about how the team is just fine then the next minute, you go into a rant about how there's no hope.
Which one is it?

McDeathbyCheerios*

Not that I disagree with some of what you're saying but you are by far the most bi-polar poster that I've seen on these boards, with all due respect of course.
It's hard to tell when you're being saracastic or serious.

One minute, you're complaining to the critics about how the team is just fine then the next minute, you go into a rant about how there's no hope.
Which one is it?
I broke. I was trying to stay positive even though I really wasn't. But man. There isn't much to be positive about.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I broke. I was trying to stay positive even though I really wasn't. But man. There isn't much to be positive about.

No argument there, but what did you expect this season? Sprinkle in the injuries to their #1 center, #1 Dman, a couple of top 6 guys and a bunch of bottom 6 guys and this is what you get.

This is about the record I expected even with a healthy team so all things considered, I don't think it looks that grim. Adding one top pairing Dman this offseason would make an enormous difference not only for the Dmen in general who will then play more in their comfort zone but for the forwards as well who will finally get some support from the blueline. Of course they need to toughen up at forward also but get that top pairing Dman and I think this is a playoff team next season even with minimal changes up front. Easier said than done of course.

McDeathbyCheerios*

No argument there, but what did you expect this season? Sprinkle in the injuries to their #1 center, #1 Dman, a couple of top 6 guys and a bunch of bottom 6 guys and this is what you get.

This is about the record I expected even with a healthy team so all things considered, I don't think it looks that grim. Adding one top pairing Dman this offseason would make an enormous difference not only for the Dmen in general who will then play more in their comfort zone but for the forwards as well who will finally get some support from the blueline. Of course they need to toughen up at forward also but get that top pairing Dman and I think this is a playoff team next season even with minimal changes up front. Easier said than done of course.
I expected this or a few more wins.

I just expected our guys to actually give a ****. And outside of maybe 5 guys the majoirty of the team is a bunch of floaters who have all the skill in the world, but don't know how to play hockey.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary

The Oilers are starting to slip back into old habits. Not backchecking, leaving players wide open in the slot, and the goalies are starting to suck again.

A last place finish is not acceptable for this team but unfortunately they're trending that way.

McDeathbyCheerios*

The Oilers are starting to slip back into old habits. Not backchecking, leaving players wide open in the slot, and the goalies are starting to suck again.

A last place finish is not acceptable for this team but unfortunately they're trending that way.
I don't even care about standings anyore at this point. I care with how the guys are playing. I have been happy with Hall, Drai, Purcell, Nurse, Klefbom and Sekera. The rest can leave for all I care, they care less about winning then the fans do and they make millions and don't even care

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I expected this or a few more wins.

I just expected our guys to actually give a ****. And outside of maybe 5 guys the majoirty of the team is a bunch of floaters who have all the skill in the world, but don't know how to play hockey.

They have played hard for a good deal of the season, they are just a limited team right now. It's always the same 4-5 players bringing down the team every night.

The reason why I'm not concerned is because a lot of the dead weight will be gone next season and I'm confident that Chia has identified the passengers and will do what he can to weed them out.

For instance, 4 of the Dmen currently playing every night will more than likely not be here next season and I can pretty much guarantee that the 4th line won't be.
The 1st and 3rd lines have been fine for the most part and so have the 2 Dmen that will be here next season.
The roster we have seen over the last several weeks won't be close to the roster that we'll see opening night next season. You can pretty much book that.

McDeathbyCheerios*

They have played hard for a good deal of the season, they are just a limited team right now. It's always the same 4-5 players bringing down the team every night.

The reason why I'm not concerned is because a lot of the dead weight will be gone next season and I'm confident that Chia has identified the passengers and will do what he can to weed them out.

For instance, 4 of the Dmen currently playing every night will more than likely not be here next season and I can pretty much guarantee that the 4th line won't be.
The 1st and 3rd lines have been fine for the most part and so have the 2 Dmen that will be here next season.
The roster we have seen over the last several weeks won't be close to the roster that we'll see opening night next season. You can pretty much book that.
Chia will resign Schultz, we will get one middle pairing d. That will be our d changes.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I decided to go check out stars wars last night, boy was that the right choice. This team sucks.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Jesus H. Christ. Take a break, drink a beer if you're old enough, maybe step away from the computer and all things Oilers for a while.
Just keeping my expectations low so I won't get disappointed again.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Chia will resign Schultz, we will get one middle pairing d. That will be our d changes.

Ok, now you're just wallowing in your own misery. I get that you're angry but breathe a bit.

It's a flawed team that is improved in almost all respects in the standings, goal differential and shot metrics despite being decimated with injuries compared to last season when they were relatively healthy.

A team as flawed as this one with key injuries is going to have passengers. Again, I'm sure that Chia will recognize this and act accordingly to eradicate the poison from the team.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012

:laugh:....if this happens then Chia Petes mind has been thoroughly infected with OBC rot and it will be the responsiblilty of hf oiler to storm the head office. Something like this...........GreatKeith can play Gandalf..

McDeathbyCheerios*

Ok, now you're just wallowing in your own misery. I get that you're angry but breathe a bit.

It's a flawed team that is improved in almost all respects in the standings, goal differential and shot metrics despite being decimated with injuries compared to last season when they were relatively healthy.

A team as flawed as this one with key injuries is going to have passengers. Again, I'm sure that Chia will recognize this and act accordingly to eradicate the poison from the team.
Other then the Drai line and the Letetsu line and McDavid, the rest of the forwards are passengers. And other then Klefbom, Sekera, Nurse and Davidson the rest are passengers. So that's what. 8-10 players that need replacing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad