Kings 5, Oilers 2

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Other then the Drai line and the Letetsu line and McDavid, the rest of the forwards are passengers. And other then Klefbom, Sekera, Nurse and Davidson the rest are passengers. So that's what. 8-10 players that need replacing.

Yep although 8-10 might be a bit extreme. A few will be replaced internally, a few through free agency and we'll probably see a swapping in and out of a few players. This will be Chia's first real offseason where he will make his mark on the team. The #2 will likely be flushed, he will have a full year of roster evaluation under his belt and would have gone through his 2nd draft plus he'll have a lot more cap space to work with this time around so he'll have an opportunity to mold the roster to his liking.

Hall-Drai-???
Pouliot-McDavid-Yak
???-RNH-Eberle (traded?)
Korpikoski-Letestu-???

Klefbom-???
Nurse-Sekera
???-???

I don't see RNH being dealt yet but if he is, I'm sure it will be for a top pairing Dman, no less.
I'm 50/50 on Purcell returning and whether or not Eberle is traded will play into that decision I'm sure. They do need a more gritty winger for the top line but Purcell fits with those guys so maybe a 1 year deal for him. Maybe Kassian fills either the 3rd or 4th line spot and if not, I'm sure that Chia will look to bring in a gritty winger, maybe somebody like Brouwer.

I'd be shocked if Schultz is re-signed. They might just let Gryba walk. Fayne will only be an injury callup (I don't see him being bought out). Niktin is gone, Ference will continue to be "injured" for one more year and Reinhart or Davidson probably fill one spot with the other being a quality vet.

I think the prime objective will be a top pairing RHD and a gritty top 9 winger. Some quality depth is also needed in case of injuries so we don't have to see AHLers filling key positions.
The team isn't that far off from being a bubble playoff team. I doubt they will be this unhealthy again for this long.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Other then the Drai line and the Letetsu line and McDavid, the rest of the forwards are passengers. And other then Klefbom, Sekera, Nurse and Davidson the rest are passengers. So that's what. 8-10 players that need replacing.

I don't know if we really need to bring in that many new players. We do need to get health and bring in 2 or 3 higher end gritty players to push a lot of the guys we do have lower down in the line up.

Hall Rnh Drai
Blank McD Ebs/Yak
Pou Blank Kassian
What ever current Junk we have.

Klef Blank
Nurse Sek
Davey Fayne
Hunt Gryba

Talbot
Nilsson

You add a top 4 rd, top 6 lw with grit, 3rd line center..... that's 3 guys and they are in the thick of it for a playoff spot. It won't be easy and likely not till the summer but it is doable by the start of next season.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
The only logical way to make this team a contender and actually not fall into this huge hole again is to restart. Keep McDavid, Drai, Klefbom, Nurse and Brossoit. Build thru the draft. Trade the others for picks and vets that can teach the young guys how hockey works.

I can't recall, but did the Oilers fire their entire scouting staff last season, or was it just what's his face, the guy with the Scotish last name? I want the ENTIRE scouting department turfed before the next rebuild. No stone left unturned.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I can't recall, but did the Oilers fire their entire scouting staff last season, or was it just what's his face, the guy with the Scotish last name? I want the ENTIRE scouting department turfed before the next rebuild. No stone left unturned.
They were all fired. It was a big reason we got rid of most of our draft picks.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
P

He fired a bunch of them but I'm pretty sure it wasn't the ENTIRE staff. Iirc, there was a thread about who was left, how long they'd been here and what territory they covered.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Getzlaf breaks out of his goal scoring slump against the Oil tomorrow.

OilTastic

Embrace The Hate
Oct 5, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta.
The stench of embarrassing is once again upon us....

well, i hope Chia has had enough time to "see what we have" as far as player personnel goes and has been working the phones hard to find a resolution to our defensive woes as well as trying to get an effective power forward. sadly, because of lack of player movement these days, i think what we have on the ice is what we'll have to deal with the rest of the season, give or take a minor move here and there. :(

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton

Stu MacGregor.

How does that head scout on a team that didn't make the playoffs for each of the NINE YEARS he was with the team keep his job that long?

Perfect example of how horrible the OBC was and why Chia has a very long leash as far as I'm concerned. There was just so much rot in this organization. The remaining rot has been isolated and is powerless. MacT/Klowe/Bucky won't impact the newest rebuild ... we hope.

The team is visually better. Better on the score sheet too.

Come on Nilsson back to the magic potion you were on a couple weeks ago please. :laugh:

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Jultz - I know...

Not saying that I think this is happening, but it does "feel" like it to me. They are playing Jultz in hopes that he eventually figures it out. They have the rest of the season to give him as many minutes as possible. I'm guessing there are no alternatives this year through trade so they are only hoping he can figure **** out at least to not be a massive liability.

A sort of last gasp at their investment. Development year, as it were.

Just what it feels like. Everything else doesn't make sense. The amount of time he's getting and the production he is providing...makes no sense.

Okay, I'm done with talking about this dude...it's so painful. Had such high hopes for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad