Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Just for @BigKing because he is bored at the games (not that I blame you). There have to be moments like some of this when your team absolutely sucks. If Stevens was more like Playfair, he might still have a job based on pure entertainment value.

BigKing if you want more excitement at the games, you are going to have to get more involved like some of the fans in the video.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Agree, but the rumor was Kings were all over Barzal.

I had read more than one place, that the Kings were: very interested / followed / interviewed / spoken with / were rumored to covet Connor. One might have been McKenzie.
Cannot recall all of this. I had actually prepared a Nw Thread draft evening "First Rd #13 Kings select Kyle Connor" and was ready to hit Post New Thread, when Dean
messed up...his thinking was to get a legit LW for Kopi, some size, toughness, skill and pay too high of a price for that...rather than select a player who was going to college.

I also read that the Kings liked Barzal was well.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I had read more than one place, that the Kings were: very interested / followed / interviewed / spoken with / were rumored to covet Connor. One might have been McKenzie.
Cannot recall all of this. I had actually prepared a Nw Thread draft evening "First Rd #13 Kings select Kyle Connor" and was ready to hit Post New Thread, when Dean
messed up...his thinking was to get a legit LW for Kopi, some size, toughness, skill and pay too high of a price for that...rather than select a player who was going to college.

I also read that the Kings liked Barzal was well.

Yeah, maybe I've got that backwards. I do remember the Connor links too. Point overall being, DL or not, the rumors had us linked to a skilled forward in that spot either way.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
The Bruins got a 1st for Lucic from LA and a first from SJ for Jones.

Imagine had Lombardi kept his 1st and dealt Jones for another 1st.

He might’ve still kept his job, and those two first round picks could’ve been two young top six forwards this team badly needs.

Connor and Barzal didn't do anything at the NHL level until last year, so Lombardi is still slogging through 2 seasons. Unless they potentially rush prospects. The 1st Boston got for Jones ended up as Trent Frederic, who has yet to play.

Still think part of the Lucic trade was about not missing the playoffs in 2016. Had the Kings just made the playoffs in 2015, even if they go out quietly, and maybe especially if they go out quietly, I don't know if Lombardi goes all out for Lucic. But, because they missed, Carolina got the 2016 pick, and that's the Matthews lottery.

So many alternate history possibilities every season. If Gagne doesn't get hurt for the year, what happens in 11-12? Lombardi just spent a 1st and a wasted prospect for Penner. Already made the Richards trade. He loved his defensemen, and the Kings lucked out having the 6 play all 20 playoff games that year. If Gagne is healthy, do they get Carter? Do they pull the trigger on a Brown trade instead? Wasn't there some rumored larger deal with Columbus?

Reactions: Faterson
Jun 30, 2006
The Bruins got a 1st for Lucic from LA and a first from SJ for Jones.

Imagine had Lombardi kept his 1st and dealt Jones for another 1st.

He might’ve still kept his job, and those two first round picks could’ve been two young top six forwards this team badly needs.

That’s quite a stretch. The assets we’ve given up in Deans attempt to extend the run, hasn’t amounted to anything.

Jun 30, 2006
That’s because of Boston, and Colin Miller could’ve been occupying a top 4 spot on this blueline, easily.

Interesting, where did you have miller slotted here?

Here's a fun exercise. This is a 23-man team made up of the Kings' draft selections and prospect signings from 2006 through 2017.

Pearson-Schenn-Toffoli
Kempe-Loktionov-Simmonds
King-Shore-Lewis
Clifford-Dowd-Nolan
Deslauriers-Andreoff-Vey

Muzzin-Doughty
Martinez-Voynov
Forbort-Hickey

Jones-Bernier

Jesus Christ that forward lineup is horrendous. I guess you can throw Moulson and Purcell into the mix if you think that makes that group look better. It still stands out how poor this organization has been in finding top six talent.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Guess I forgot about him. That certainly changes my point about Dean’s inability to find top six talent, doesn’t it?

But hey, we don’t have to worry about what Dean would’ve done because he still thought the Kings were a playoff team as well.

Jun 30, 2006
Drafting top 6 players has been an issue well before Dean arrived. In fact, we couldn’t draft develop or draft very well any position. Not surprised you didn’t comprise a roster of draftees from 1994-2006. Talk about horrendous drafting.

A team not far removed from winning two cups and a WCF appearance. Yeah, who wouldn’t try and extend that run?

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
2014 Stadium Series:
2014-ss.jpg

2015 Stadium Series:
2015-ss.jpg

50th Anniversary:
50th-anv.jpg

2018 New Third Jersey:
2018-3rd.jpg

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Drafting top 6 players has been an issue well before Dean arrived. In fact, we couldn’t draft develop or draft very well any position. Not surprised you didn’t comprise a roster of draftees from 1994-2006. Talk about horrendous drafting.

A team not far removed from winning two cups and a WCF appearance. Yeah, who wouldn’t try and extend that run?

Then you have no qualms with current management saying this is still a playoff team.

Why would I make a list of guys drafted from 1994 till 2006 when the discussion wasn’t about that regime? If you want to talk about that, go ahead.

Jun 30, 2006
Then you have no qualms with current management saying this is still a playoff team.

False equivalence. We’re pretty far removed from that run and coming off a sweep to an expansion franchise.

Why would I make a list of guys drafted from 1994 till 2006 when the discussion wasn’t about that regime? If you want to talk about that, go ahead.

It’s a frame of context to illustrate how spoiled King fans have become.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
>>>>>>>>>>>>>Also, I am hearing three teams with "serious" interest in Mats Zuccarello... Los Angeles, Phoenix and Ottawa...yes Ottawa.<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Barf. Mats is not a bad player, but is 5'8" and 31 years old now....why would Blake want to keep adding SMALLER players over 30?
Speed...speed..speed! Up tempo! Play with pace! (whatever that is..pace can be slow, methodical, no precise execution)

"he plays with pace" great!!

Can't be adding more smallish players over 30. When was the last time the Kings acquired a GOOD player, under 24 years of age?

Reactions: DoktorJeep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad