Aug 1, 2013
Kovalchuk - Kopitar - Nylander
Iafallo - Carter - Toffoli
Hagelin - Amadio - Brown
Clifford- Thompson - Lewis

Forbort - Doughty
Martinez - Phaneuf
Fantenberg - Ozhiganov

Muzzin+Kempe+Clague for Nylander+Ozhiganov.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017
Apparently in the new Athletic article it was mentioned that the players miss Turgeon. That whole situation is very interesting to me because the Kings came out of the gates last season like a completely different team offensively right up until that Tampa game. After that game the team seemed to revert back to the Kings of old, scoring dropped by over a half goal per game and we stopped hearing from Turgeon until he quietly left the team at the end of the season. I hope at some point we get some insight into what actually happened, it may have been nothing, but it really feels like something happened there.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I’m not gonna lie if we get Hughes or Kakko it’ll be huge we can roll with a top 9 of Kopi , Hughes , Carter , Vilardi , Kempe , Toffoli , Kovy , Brown , Iaffalo , Kupari will make the team next year . I don’t buy that Kupari is only a 3rd liner . His numbers are better than Kapanens , Puljujarvis .

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Kovy-Hughes-Vilardi
Kempe-Carter-Kupari
Iaffalo-Amadio-Lewis

Muzzin-Doughty
Clague-X
Phaneuf-Martinez
Forbort

We just need a top 4 dman. This will be a more skilled fast lineup. Kupari will make the team next year for sure hopefully Vilardi heals and he’s supposed to be a good player . Kempe will have another year under his belt. Carter is best for young line mates and having a 4th line of Iaffalo Amadio Lewis will give us a skilled speedy 4th line

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Apparently in the new Athletic article it was mentioned that the players miss Turgeon. That whole situation is very interesting to me because the Kings came out of the gates last season like a completely different team offensively right up until that Tampa game. After that game the team seemed to revert back to the Kings of old, scoring dropped by over a half goal per game and we stopped hearing from Turgeon until he quietly left the team at the end of the season. I hope at some point we get some insight into what actually happened, it may have been nothing, but it really feels like something happened there.

Had to go looking as I didn't remember this.

"In some respects, he replaces Pierre Turgeon, L.A.’s offensive coordinator from 2017-18 whose role was vacated in the summer when Turgeon left because of family reasons.

...Kings president Luc Robitaille said he doesn’t think Oates will be around that often, so he won’t be exactly like Turgeon, who traveled with the Kings and was at every practice. But Los Angeles players noted they miss Turgeon, and how the player who notched 1,327 points in a 1,294 game NHL career pumped them up every day and helped them see the game differently."

Interesting. Brown and Muzzin go on discussing how they liked having him around. He's a personality, that's for sure, and Rosen's twitter banner has him goofing off with everyone.

Reactions: King Trouty

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
So many great returns for Drew on the trade boards
giphy.gif

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Had to go looking as I didn't remember this.

"In some respects, he replaces Pierre Turgeon, L.A.’s offensive coordinator from 2017-18 whose role was vacated in the summer when Turgeon left because of family reasons.

...Kings president Luc Robitaille said he doesn’t think Oates will be around that often, so he won’t be exactly like Turgeon, who traveled with the Kings and was at every practice. But Los Angeles players noted they miss Turgeon, and how the player who notched 1,327 points in a 1,294 game NHL career pumped them up every day and helped them see the game differently."

Interesting. Brown and Muzzin go on discussing how they liked having him around. He's a personality, that's for sure, and Rosen's twitter banner has him goofing off with everyone.
I can see this. Many, many years ago I played on a baseball team that had a hitting coach who would just hang out behind the batting cage and reinforce the good things you were doing with your swing, mention something to try, etc. That kind of voice in your head during practice can carry over to the games. Lots of repetition and positive reinforcement when you are doing it right, plus challenging you to be better.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can see this. Many, many years ago I played on a baseball team that had a hitting coach who would just hang out behind the batting cage and reinforce the good things you were doing with your swing, mention something to try, etc. That kind of voice in your head during practice can carry over to the games. Lots of repetition and positive reinforcement when you are doing it right, plus challenging you to be better.

That's the perfect analogy and honestly same here, that's the first thing I thought of when they talked about Turgeon's role. He's not there to hold you accountable to anyone, or really criticize you, but maybe to go over video, emphasize strengths etc individually, then just rah rah in your corner the rest of the time. That would be a nice break from what I'm sure is just total malaise these days.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I don't think trading Carter and throwing Vilardi to the wolves as the 2nd line center is a good idea. Let's see if the kid can stay healthy first. Might as well hang onto Carter unless someone offers a deal you can't refuse.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Yep or think about how they did when Nichols was around.

Reactions: KINGS17

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I don't think trading Carter and throwing Vilardi to the wolves as the 2nd line center is a good idea. Let's see if the kid can stay healthy first. Might as well hang onto Carter unless someone offers a deal you can't refuse.
Trade Carter get young assets sign a warm body to be a placeholder.

Reactions: KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Reaper45 is right on track with his comment. On this team it no longer matters if the 2C is a good one or not, and there is no need to rush any of the kids even if they are better players than the player they would be replacing on the NHL roster.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Reaper45 is right on track with his comment. On this team it no longer matters if the 2C is a good one or not, and there is no need to rush any of the kids even if they are better players than the player they would be replacing on the NHL roster.

I get it but doubt they would move Carter because management is clueless and thinks they're a re-tool away.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

It's a mentally weak team. They got their asses handed to them in that game. It put them in their place. That's probably all there is to it. This is the same team that can't beat the Sharks at home for 3+ years now. 1-8 in the playoffs since the Cup, including 0-5 at home. 0-5 on the road, that I could get. I don't know how you can be 0-5 at home in the playoffs. All 5 against division rivals no less. Of all the bad stats since 14-15, that home playoff record could be, in Doughty's words, the most embarrassing one.

They were 11-2-2 before that TB game. That's a 131 point pace. That was coming down one way or another. That game, which was on home ice, was between the 2nd and 3rd overall teams at the time, the Kings got got, and it popped their bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad