Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Well the fact that people can’t give away tickets on the secondary market may be the first good sign that maybe some changes will come. Because a lot of ppl buy season tix knowing they will be able to sell games they can’t go to, so maybe we see cancellations or threats of cancellations and that wakes up Luc. Because now 5 seasons of garbage hockey certainly hasn’t brought about any real changes.
The lowest I saw a couple years ago was a Carolina game on a Tuesday night. $8

Oof

Oct 23, 2018
AHHHHHHHHH HE'S INJURED AGAIN?!?! THE HOCKEY GODS HATE US, ALL ABOARD THE TANK TRAIN, I'LL GO BUY MY HUGHES JERSEY NOW

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Quick needs a long time off. And he also needs proper rest , but that concept might be too late. We have played him far too much. Especially for someone that has this condition. But Quick’s minutes are in line with everyone else we skate into the ground. There’s a reason why Kopitar looks sluggish at times. The minutes. Doughty tired and loses awareness and sharpness defensively. The minutes. These guys are so good that they can function and get through it. But less minutes would make their other minutes more exceptional. IMO.

Jun 30, 2006

That’s concerning considering the contract he has.

He was rushed back too soon and he also needs to take better care of himself and the Kings need to put better guys in front of him, and a goalie that can give him a breather in stretches. That’s a tall order for Blake.

That’s what DL was going for with the Bishop trade and maybe even replacing Quick with Bishop.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Quick needs a long time off. And he also needs proper rest , but that concept might be too late. We have played him far too much. Especially for someone that has this condition. But Quick’s minutes are in line with everyone else we skate into the ground. There’s a reason why Kopitar looks sluggish at times. The minutes. Doughty tired and loses awareness and sharpness defensively. The minutes. These guys are so good that they can function and get through it. But less minutes would make their other minutes more exceptional. IMO.

I think it was game 2 or 3 kopitar played 27 min or something like that!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I don't think that will happen. Brown is still a leader on the club. He doesn't need a letter to do the job.

Kopitar and Doughty are not getting the job done now, but they would have to be off the roster to lose the letter they wear.

That was me who brought it up. You want to shake things up, put the "C" back on Brown, rotate Kopitar, Doughty, and Carter with the "A" . That will get their attention.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

He was rushed back too soon and he also needs to take better care of himself and the Kings need to put better guys in front of him, and a goalie that can give him a breather in stretches. That’s a tall order for Blake.

That’s what DL was going for with the Bishop trade and maybe even replacing Quick with Bishop.

The problem was, he made the trade a month or two too late. Bishop barely had time to get a mask painted when Quick returned.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site

You need depth for that.

Lombardi was going to find a way to trade Quick coming off the 5 month injury he had? He didn't get the chance to try, but I would doubt it. Bishop wanted to go back home where he grew up anyway. Plus, is Bishop the goalie that was going to bring this team anywhere? Lombardi made the Kings bed with Quick when he gave him a pre-2013 contract for 10 years, for better or worse.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Hence why you don't give ANY goalie a ten year contract. Awful if he becomes any more fragile. I think it's safe to label Quick injury prone at this point in his career

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Hence why you don't give ANY goalie a ten year contract. Awful if he becomes any more fragile. I think it's safe to label Quick injury prone at this point in his career

Just another Lombardi mistake that took place before, during, and after the golden years. Shows how hard it is to win, and how amazing it is that the Kings pulled it off once, let alone twice. Look at all that Lombardi had to trade just to get out of the 1st round because of all the misses he and his team had from 2006 to 2010 in the draft. Then from 2011 to 2016, he had 2 of the 6 picks in the 1st round, because so much had to be traded, and Lombardi believed too much in the miracle run of 2014. They were on the edge that entire tournament, from Game 1 against SJ, to Game 5 against the Rangers. How many times did this team have to come back, again and again, against the Rangers? For all the fancy stats, they were down 2-0 in every home game. That sounds a lot like the current team. They could've easily lost any of those games in OT, and that might've been a different Final.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Just another Lombardi mistake that took place before, during, and after the golden years. Shows how hard it is to win, and how amazing it is that the Kings pulled it off once, let alone twice. Look at all that Lombardi had to trade just to get out of the 1st round because of all the misses he and his team had from 2006 to 2010 in the draft. Then from 2011 to 2016, he had 2 of the 6 picks in the 1st round, because so much had to be traded, and Lombardi believed too much in the miracle run of 2014. They were on the edge that entire tournament, from Game 1 against SJ, to Game 5 against the Rangers. How many times did this team have to come back, again and again, against the Rangers? For all the fancy stats, they were down 2-0 in every home game. That sounds a lot like the current team. They could've easily lost any of those games in OT, and that might've been a different Final.

I consider myself a part of the pessimist crowd around here, but a lot of this is ridiculous. You pick apart the 2014 run but fail to mention the 2012 run, during which they steamrolled the entire league and set several records.

The Kings won two Cups between 2012-2014 because they were good enough to win two Cups. No reason to denigrate those years. Most contending teams ride a very thin line between failure and ultimate success. Very rarely do we see runs like the Kings in 2012 or the Hawks in 2013. And for the record, the Kings record from February 2012 through June 2012 is as good as it gets in the modern era.

Lombardi made some great moves. He also made some bad moves. I don’t understand why people think this is unique to Lombardi. Everyone sucks Yzerman’s cock and he hasn’t won shit with Tampa. Most Cup winning GMs are no longer with the teams they won championships with.

Hockey is a game of good timing. The Carter fiasco in Columbus. Chicago winning the lottery to jump up and draft Kane. Pittsburgh sucking at the perfect time to draft Crosby and Mallon back to back. Toronto finally putting together a good enough rebuild to lure a huge UFA. The list goes on.

Are any of us even hockey fans if Pocklington doesn’t go bankrupt and need to sell Gretzky?

Timing. Luck. Not unique to Lombardi. We deserved 2012-2014 as much as any other winning fanbase in hockey history.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Well the fact that people can’t give away tickets on the secondary market may be the first good sign that maybe some changes will come. Because a lot of ppl buy season tix knowing they will be able to sell games they can’t go to, so maybe we see cancellations or threats of cancellations and that wakes up Luc. Because now 5 seasons of garbage hockey certainly hasn’t brought about any real changes.

I got rid of mine for this very reason. I could only make about half of them, and was taking a beating, and this was only 2 years removed from a cup win. The guy I get them with was worried that if we wanted them again we'd be on a waiting list, but unfortunately I was very correct when I said I seriously doubted that.

Seats in the 100's cost less than my upper ST's did only a couple years ago.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

As I said in the other thread, better tell that to the other GMs who have been handing out big-dollar max-term deals to elite goalies as well...oh wait, too late.

It's almost as if the best players get locked down regardless of position. Even the young guys that could get bridged are getting 6+ year deals after proving even less. Why bother signing anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad