Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkolice

May 26, 2014
Ljubljana, Slovenia
odds for la kings to win the stanley cup this season, several bookies:

@51.

it was around 15 at the start of the season.

imho, this is the peak, the odds will not get better.

so i just put 100 bucks on it.

sincerely i don't believe it, but the odds went too far. just a value bet.

if they move their asses into the playoffs, i think it's possible.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Is there a bet how many back injuries Vilardi will have by the end of the season? I'm willing to bet 1k on 20. Or missing 80 games.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I remember when I'd visit and be able to get PR seats for $30 around 08-09. Looks like those days are back. Pretty soon Staples is going to look like the Coliseum looks like today for the USC football game, interesting to see what Luc tells Blake to do when that happens.

And yeah, post at plenty of other boards where there are threads with thousands of PAGES, not replies PAGES. I thought when they switched to the better software that they wouldn't have to do this anymore. I love this site but sometimes it has a federal government feel with all the stupid rules and regulations.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I remember when I'd visit and be able to get PR seats for $30 around 08-09. Looks like those days are back. Pretty soon Staples is going to look like the Coliseum looks like today for the USC football game, interesting to see what Luc tells Blake to do when that happens.

And yeah, post at plenty of other boards where there are threads with thousands of PAGES, not replies PAGES. I thought when they switched to the better software that they wouldn't have to do this anymore. I love this site but sometimes it has a federal government feel with all the stupid rules and regulations.

The Admins on this site (the ones who take themselves very seriously) are the ones who truly degrade this site.

Urban Dictionary: hfboards

Last edited:
Reactions: Maynard and KINGS17

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

You're luv'in that N'Keal Harry punt return, right? No, no, WTH are you doing? GO! GO! GO! Fantastic!!

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Ha. Entertaining game. He just did it again though (catching a punt inside the 5). Not exactly the sign of a well coached team.
Actually, Harry just isn't very bright. They put him back there to return punts about 3 games ago, because the other punt returning was muffing too many of them.

I don't know what's so hard to understand about putting your heals on the 10-yard line, and if you take any kind of step back to field the ball, you let it go.

Herm Edwards isn't the ideal coach, but there is a marked improvement in the tackling and defense this season, and ASU just held on 4th down.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
What a catch by Harry! Herby and I are going to turn this into an ASU vs USC college football thread for a couple of posts. Sorry guys.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Well the fact that people can’t give away tickets on the secondary market may be the first good sign that maybe some changes will come. Because a lot of ppl buy season tix knowing they will be able to sell games they can’t go to, so maybe we see cancellations or threats of cancellations and that wakes up Luc. Because now 5 seasons of garbage hockey certainly hasn’t brought about any real changes.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
Someone mentioned it before the last thread was closed, but what do people think the odds are that Brown gets the C back? I love Kopi, but I never thought they should've taken it away from Brownie.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Someone mentioned it before the last thread was closed, but what do people think the odds are that Brown gets the C back? I love Kopi, but I never thought they should've taken it away from Brownie.

No way do they do that, it would be seen as a huge slap in the face to Kopitar.

It was a horrific decision by Lombardi and Sutter to remove the C from Brown, but what's done is done, can't take it from Kopitar now.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I don't think that will happen. Brown is still a leader on the club. He doesn't need a letter to do the job.

Kopitar and Doughty are not getting the job done now, but they would have to be off the roster to lose the letter they wear.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
odds for la kings to win the stanley cup this season, several bookies:

@51.

it was around 15 at the start of the season.

imho, this is the peak, the odds will not get better.

so i just put 100 bucks on it.

sincerely i don't believe it, but the odds went too far. just a value bet.

if they move their asses into the playoffs, i think it's possible.
Kind of like buying a mega millions lottery ticket. You have a better chance of being struck by lightning.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Not sure Blake has the stones to trade Quick but it would be a good way to put his stamp on the team.
Don't need to hit a homerun. Just want to be rid of another bad contract with two much term on it.

Plus it takes another crutch away from this crap leadership group. Sink or swim Kopitar and Doughty.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA

That was an act of desperation by Lombardi, caving into Sutter's demands. He wouldn't sign a new deal until certain things happened, one of which was Kopi getting the C. Kopi was his boy and Brown was in his doghouse for 4 yrs. A terrible move. Being the best player doesn't mean that player is necessarily qualified to be the leader.
And leadership has been an issue on the team for a few years now. That does mean DD ,AK and DB, and JC. All veterans who should be doing a better job.
They have never replaced the leaders they've lost over the last few years. And I think of that group Williams and MItchell were huge loses. I am so happy for JW, and he is truly living up to wearing the letter in Carolina.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad