Kingdom Come; Deliverance

jimmythescot

Jul 28, 2009
Edinburgh, Scotland
What kind of bug did you get?

Hardest part about poaching is selling the meat. Even if you cook it to wipe out the stolen tag, it can be tough to find enough vendors to buy it. I'm mostly making money on bandit and cumen camps now though. Have about 32,000 groschen at this point mostly from that.
Basically I was wanted for crimes everywhere and even if I paid the fine/went to jail the wanted status never left. It was weird.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So how easy does the combat get once you level
Pretty easy 1v1 except against equally equipped and leveled enemies, who aren't common. That being said, if you get swarmed by multiple enemies you can still go down easily if they have maces or halberds unless you are careful and keep them in front of you.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Basically I was wanted for crimes everywhere and even if I paid the fine/went to jail the wanted status never left. It was weird.
I got a game breaking bug from The House of God quest, which is apparently common and they are working on a fix. If you meet the guy at the scaffolding near the end of the quest it will break your game. I had to go back and do it the other way. Otherwise a fantastic quest though.

Last edited:

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
I'm really enjoying the characters in this game. They've done a great job of actually giving them some personality.

That first cutscene where we're introduced to Lord Capon, I knew instantly that I hated him. From his smug voice, to his stupid haircut, to the way he moves his head when he talks, I immediately wanted to just slap the hell out of him.

Also, I encountered my first annoying bug. Entered a couple archery competitions, and the first two went fine. But every time I've tried since then, there's always at least one competitor who won't take any shots, so the only way to actually finish the competition is to get myself disqualified.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blender

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I'm really enjoying the characters in this game. They've done a great job of actually giving them some personality.

That first cutscene where we're introduced to Lord Capon, I knew instantly that I hated him. From his smug voice, to his stupid haircut, to the way he moves his head when he talks, I immediately wanted to just slap the hell out of him.

Also, I encountered my first annoying bug. Entered a couple archery competitions, and the first two went fine. But every time I've tried since then, there's always at least one competitor who won't take any shots, so the only way to actually finish the competition is to get myself disqualified.
That's better than the other archery contest bug where you miss the target and hit something behind it (animal, person, etc.) and you become wanted for assault or murder. :laugh:

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Looks like the hot fixed they dropped today on PC breaks the main quest at "Ginger in a Pickle". That's exactly where I'm stuck right now too. The funny thing is the patch notes said they fixed this, but apparently not.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Looks like the hot fixed they dropped today on PC breaks the main quest at "Ginger in a Pickle". That's exactly where I'm stuck right now too. The funny thing is the patch notes said they fixed this, but apparently not.

Yeah definetely a Steam summer sale game. Or psn

The Joker

Feb 25, 2011
Does anyone else have the problem that distant textures are very blurry? Especially castles look very blurry to me despite playing on ultra high settings.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It was supposed to fix one bug with the quest and ended up causing another that was worse.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
I think they needed some cash as well, so delaying it for a long time wasn't in the cards. Supposedly broke 500,000 copies sold on day 1, and Vavra said he expected that the game would be paid for after today and they would start making money that they can use to keep development going.

True, but I think that's the point of the Early Access system - to earn some cash while still working out the kinks.

Then again, they get more for releasing it on consoles as well so....:laugh:

Not that releasing a super buggy open world sandbox game is exactly uncommon, mind you. Some don't even fix them (see: Skyrim on Switch 6 years later).

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
True, but I think that's the point of the Early Access system - to earn some cash while still working out the kinks.

Then again, they get more for releasing it on consoles as well so....:laugh:

Not that releasing a super buggy open world sandbox game is exactly uncommon, mind you. Some don't even fix them (see: Skyrim on Switch 6 years later).
The beta version had been available to backers for over a year, they weren't getting much in the way of new sales. They could have released this latest build as early access I guess, but they decided to release the game instead with plans to update it in the future.

One area they really dropped the ball in is with communication though. A lot of people didn't exactly know what the state of the game was relative to their original outline.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
The beta version had been available to backers for over a year, they weren't getting much in the way of new sales. They could have released this latest build as early access I guess, but they decided to release the game instead with plans to update it in the future.

One area they really dropped the ball in is with communication though. A lot of people didn't exactly know what the state of the game was relative to their original outline.

I feel an "Early Access" label would have been a good way to communicate that. :laugh:

I don't really blame the devs, though. This more of a failing of Early Access and the mentality surrounding it as a whole than anything.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I read today that they hit 1 million sales for the game. That's pretty huge for an indie developer.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Pretty impressive stuff. I would be hooked on this game if I felt like I had the time to kill.

How did this get so big so quick? Prominence on twitch or something?

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
Father Godwin is just the best. He sort of reminds me of a character from some crazy British sitcom or something.

"Oh shit, I have to say mass!"

Reactions: Blender

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Been having a ton of fun with it.

About 15 hours in without any bugs. (Knock on wood.)

Holy shit, I'm bad at the combat.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I'm about 10 hours in and haven't encountered any serious bugs yet. I didn't start playing until v1.2.5, though, so the worst bugs were perhaps already patched before I started. The worst that I've encountered is a conversation in which our two character models were intersecting, but that was just a visual thing.

I'm not the biggest fan of the 8-hour-long prologue. It was very scripted, had little user choice, had too many cutscenes and was a little sappy. It was done very well; I just feel that it was drawn out too long. I'm glad that it's over and relieved that the game appears to be more like an open world RPG after that point.

It feels like a more realistic Oblivion or Skyrim, though it's a little more cinematic, like a Dragon Age game. There's a bit of a dichotomy, though, between the character that you're given and the choices that you can make, IMO. Your character is established as a sweet, principled young man, but, early on, you're given many chances to steal, lie and bribe. In fact, I'm not sure if it's even possible to complete a quest that you have to complete to progress without doing one or more of those. The game almost sets you on a path to be a bad character, yet, even when you're choosing to do bad things, the character expresses doubt, hesitancy and naivete. It feels like the game is conflicted between the necessity of the character being a goodie-two-shoes for purposes of the story and the desire to allow the player the fun of doing naughty things. I recognize that the two are hard to reconcile, but it would've helped to have not made it so easy to go evil so early on. If you're really big into immersion, you may want to resist as many temptations to go bad as you can, so that you can play as the goodie-two-shoes that the dialogues and cutscenes make you out as.

On the subject of the world, I appreciate the strive for realism, but it does feel a little empty, not dynamic enough and not interactive enough. It could use more animals (especially birds), more weather (wind would be nice) and more things to pick up. Locations and the distances between locations become much less interesting when 99.9% of all objects are fixed and can't be moved or interacted with. Contrast that with, say, Skyrim, in which, if you enter someone's house, just about every plate, pot, utensil, candle, book, barrel, left-out food and so on can be used or picked up and stolen, even if it's completely worthless. In KCD, most of those don't even register as things that you can interact with. Pretty much the only thing of interest and worth interacting with in most buildings is the chest.

I've given only criticism so far, but it's still a good game that I'm enjoying. I really like the historical setting and realism. Most RPGs are only pseudo-historical or completely fantastical, so it's quite nice to finally have one that is grounded in actual European history, and a setting (Bohemia in 1403) that's a bit different than the usual. I also appreciate the art style, as well as the care put into the various systems for buying, haggling, lockpicking, pickpocketing and so on, and all of the various stats. It's definitely a full-fledged RPG, which is a relief, since it could've been easy to make a more action-focused and cinematic game. I guess that what I'm getting at is that, so far, it's a game worth grabbing and playing eventually, though some people may want to wait for it to come down in price first.

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Those treasure chests are a bit overpowered. Getting top tier equipment worth 20,000+ from unlocked and undefended chests is nice and all, but the option is there to just ride and get them pretty early...

I take it that those treasure chests that you speak of are what the treasure maps that mysteriously showed up in my inventory lead to, right? If so, I think that I'll ignore those maps, since I don't want to ruin the slow progression of my character in the early game. Last year, I played Fallout New Vegas with all of the DLC and some of the items that the DLC give you really spoiled the first half of the game for me, since it took me that long to come upon weapons and armor that were better than some of them.

BTW, thanks for the heads up on the unlimited saving mod. Save scumming, here I come!

Speaking of such things, does looting corpses make me a bad person? Returning to the site of a massacre was like stumbling upon a buffet. Those supposed peasants have all kinds of food on them. Is it wrong to see a corpse on the side of the road and get excited for a free meal?

Does anyone else have the problem that distant textures are very blurry? Especially castles look very blurry to me despite playing on ultra high settings.

I've noticed that at times, but I don't play on ultra high settings. I did set it to ultra high once, though, and I seem to recall that it set the "LOD Distance" slider only about 2/3rds of the way to the right, so you may want to check and increase that, if it's not all the way to the right.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad